PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ho.

ImGod
11-29-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure I've ever said hi after 2 years and a whopping 54 posts. So here you go.

1. How'd you find the Freethought Forum?

I think I signed up when the FPF was closed.

2. Are you a member of any other online forums? Which?

IIDB, 3 political forums, two car repair forums, and some others I haven't been to in a while.

3. How do you feel about smilies (emoticons)?

They're good with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

4. How do you feel about 3000+ smilies?

Now I'm getting hungry.

5. Is flaming:

A. Hilarious
B. Beneath you
C. Irritating as fuck

A brutish behavior, definitely beneath members of civilized society.

6. Is vulgar language:

A. Hilarious
B. Beneath you
C. Irritating as fuck

I try to restrain myself, but people are so fucking stupid sometimes that it's hard.

7. Why did the chicken cross the road?

I'm rather fond of meatloaf.

8. Who pays for your food?

My wife. I don't shop, cook, clean or any of those other women-folk things.

9. What's one thing you've always wanted to do but never have?

Parachute sex. I won't happen because I'd feel guilty subjecting people on the ground to such a horrible sight.

10. What is your single favorite place in the world?

There is a small pond on my parents farm that was a short ride by horseback. You can get to it by car, but it's better by horseback. I would go in the evening to bring home cattle and pass around the pond as the sun set on the water. It was awe inspiring. Occasionally, I'd stop and shoot something for grins.

11. What's the significance of your username?

I was trying to be clever, but I've never really liked it. I could have it changed but I want to be consistent and it doesn't bother me that much.

12. What about your avatar?

What's an avatar? :D (note the appropriate use of emoticon)

wei yau
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think that this intro is a wonderfully appropriate use of your "LV" post.

Good to see you, again, ImGod. Nice to learn so much about you.

Parachute sex, eh?

Shelli
11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
:bhello:

livius drusus
11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
The horseback pond sounds downright Byronian. I hope you wore a puffy shirt.

Welcome to FF, ImGod. :welcome1:

ImGod
11-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Parachute sex, eh?

Unfortunately, I don't know how to parachute, so I would need to do one of the tandem jumps. I'd have to buy the guy dinner, puts some candles on the plane, play some soft music in the background; not to mention I'd feel obligated to call him afterwards and the awkward moments when I run into him at the store. I just don't think it would be worth the effort.

That, and I'm not gay.

ImGod
11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
The horseback pond sounds downright Byronian. I hope you wore a puffy shirt.

Cowboy boots and an AC/DC t-shirt; while sporting a mullet.

I'd blame it on the 80s but it was just last week.

beyelzu
11-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Parachute sex, eh?

Unfortunately, I don't know how to parachute, so I would need to do one of the tandem jumps. I'd have to buy the guy dinner, puts some candles on the plane, play some soft music in the background; not to mention I'd feel obligated to call him afterwards and the awkward moments when I run into him at the store. I just don't think it would be worth the effort.

That, and I'm not gay.
thats what they all say.

maybe you could get a hot chick to go tandem with.

course i think she would still be behind you so you might have to have some gay tendencies.

:tmgrin:

ImGod
11-29-2006, 10:57 PM
maybe you could get a hot chick to go tandem with.

course i think she would still be behind you so you might have to have some gay tendencies.

:tmgrin:

I'd consider asking if I could turn around. I'd have to ask nicely since she's driving. Based on past history, I'd likely be done before we got out of the door of the plane. Then I'd be stuck cuddling for minutes on end. :ohno:

godfry n. glad
11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Who are you calling a ho, anyway? Ida's not here.

Tanda
11-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I'd consider asking if I could turn around. I'd have to ask nicely since she's driving. Based on past history, I'd likely be done before we got out of the door of the plane. Then I'd be stuck cuddling for minutes on end. :ohno:

:laughcry:

Ummm..welcome, or something. You fit in rather well with the natives. Stick around. :wave:

viscousmemories
11-30-2006, 01:06 AM
:welcome: ImGod.

Shelli
11-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Ooooh.. did someone say "ho"? :shiftier:

:strip:

chick
11-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Who are you calling a ho, anyway? Ida's not here.
Who you callin-- damn, godfry beat me to it. Stupid movie references.

Sock Puppet
11-30-2006, 05:15 PM
I was trying to be clever, but I've never really liked it. I could have it changed but I want to be consistent and it doesn't bother me that much. Remember, consistency requires that you be as incompetent today as you were yesterday. Consistency is overrated, except when stirring cake mix.

Dingfod
12-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Welcome to :ff: , ImGod.

Javaman
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Welcome! The new Cabelas in La Vista rocks!

ImGod
12-04-2006, 06:05 PM

I haven't been there yet. I need to stop by just to take a look. I live way out in the boonies (according to my aunt) so the Scheels is closer.

Did that new mall open yet out in Papillion.

God, I just realized I sound like my wife. Um.. so who's going to win that bowl game?

Javaman
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM

I haven't been there yet. I need to stop by just to take a look. I live way out in the boonies (according to my aunt) so the Scheels is closer.

Did that new mall open yet out in Papillion.

God, I just realized I sound like my wife. Um.. so who's going to win that bowl game?Uh, the ny mets are my favorite baseball squadron. Oh, and the new dealy in Papillion (for those not familiar with the area, yes, that is an extra 'i') is not done, I don't think. We were there last night at the new Lowes buying a new front door (over $1,300!!!) and the construction is ongoing. My wife really wants the new Cost Plus World Market to open soon. We live down south (past Plattsmouth) so going up toward Dodge St. is a pain.

ImGod
12-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Uh, the ny mets are my favorite baseball squadron. Oh, and the new dealy in Papillion (for those not familiar with the area, yes, that is an extra 'i') is not done, I don't think. We were there last night at the new Lowes buying a new front door (over $1,300!!!) and the construction is ongoing. My wife really wants the new Cost Plus World Market to open soon. We live down south (past Plattsmouth) so going up toward Dodge St. is a pain.

Wow, it's a small world. I live out near Elkhorn, so going over to 75 is a pain. And I was at a Lowes recently myself.

Have you ever played the Nebraska version of "6 degrees of separation" where you start listing people you know to another Nebraskan you just met and eventually you run across someone you both know?

I met some girls, who graduated from High School with my wife in a little town 3 hours away, 2 years before I met her. We played this with people from Nebraska when we moved to Kansas City and 80-90 percent of the time you could come across the name of someone you had both met individually before meeting each other.

Shake
02-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Parachute sex? I've seen video of what happens to 'bits' during freefall. It didn't look pretty.

Anyway, back to raising my post count through welcoming all the n00bs!

Welcome!

phrog
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi, hi ho. Welcome me, since you've been around longer. Or did you already?

chick
02-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Who you-- oh, zombie thread.