PDA

View Full Version : games that mess with your head

Corona688
07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
For me, it's the remakes. They look just enough like the originals I played that I can't break the habits I formed and always suck at them. The frogger in the arcade is a convenient example. I played that -- the original original original -- for hours on end, and still have all the habits from it. I'd rock at that game if It was as responsive as the version that ran on a 4MHz machine with 64K of RAM(ice burn!)
It didn't sink logs you jumped on(a feature the original never had)

What games mess with your head?

Adora
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Devil Dice. I played it so much I dreamed I was playing it.

Katamari. It made me want to roll stuff up in real life!

Silent Hill. Um, yeah.

Uthgar the Brazen
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Silent Hill. Um, yeah.

That one will definitely fuck with the noggin.

erimir
07-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I heard that Eternal Darkness messed with some people's heads. I enjoyed it, but it never really scared me.

curses
07-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Silent Hill. Um, yeah.

That one will definitely fuck with the noggin.Yes. I had the same problem with the first Resident Evil, too :blush:

And Vice City, too, but for different reasons. I have to admit that my first reaction to hearing a helicopter outside the house was to arm my rocket launcher.

Deadlokd
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Resident Evil I a little bit, Silent Hill a lot but the worst, the absolute worst, was a level in Final Doom. There was the sound of babies crying through the whole thing. Freaked me out.

Stormlight
07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
And Vice City, too, but for different reasons. I have to admit that my first reaction to hearing a helicopter outside the house was to arm my rocket launcher.

:lol: