PDA

View Full Version : Riddle game - Dot Riddle

olivion
04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi

My name is Oliver. Me and some friends of mine created a riddle game called Dot Riddle. It's a browser-based game where the objective is to pass to the next screen of the site using the clues you find in that screen (something similar to Notpron). Different from Notpron, it has some new features (you can save your progress, registration with very few information asked and a trial to see the first levels. Everything on the site is FREE, of course).

The site is www.dotriddle.com (http://www.dotriddle.com) Any doubts just post it in Dot Riddle's forum or send an e-mail to dot.riddle@gmail.com

Hope you guys enjoy the game!

Master Taran
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.techtalk.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/spam-is-murder.png

olivion
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm not spamming, I'm just showing my work :D

seebs
04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Looks like spam to me.

From another site:

Me and some friends made a riddle game similar to notpron called Dot Riddle, with some new

Yup. Spam.

In words of one syllable:
Spam is the same thing lots and lots of times.

You're posting this same ad at multiple sites. That's spam.

olivion
04-03-2008, 04:48 AM
People never heard of Dot Riddle. If I don't announce it, people will continue not knowing the site. If I announce it on just one site, just a few people see it, and if I change announcement's text everytime I post it, I'll go crazy and lose a lot of time. That's why I use the same text (not with the purpose of annoying anobody).

Crumb
04-03-2008, 04:53 AM
That doesn't make it not spam.

seebs
04-03-2008, 05:41 AM
People never heard of Dot Riddle. If I don't announce it, people will continue not knowing the site. If I announce it on just one site, just a few people see it, and if I change announcement's text everytime I post it, I'll go crazy and lose a lot of time. That's why I use the same text (not with the purpose of annoying anobody).

That is exactly why it's spam.

Spam does not mean "things done to be annoying". Spam means "posting the same damn thing all over" or "sending the same email to lots of people".

No one had to spam for notpron, and it's well-known enough that you could refer to it in your ad... Because it was good enough to get legitimate word of mouth reputation.

What you have described is the reasons for which you spammed. That doesn't make it not spam. In fact, that you have the exact same reason as every other spammer (you want attention for your product, you want to announce it so lots of people will hear about it, and you don't have the time or attention to write new copy every time) makes it even clearer that you are spamming.

If you don't have enough time to genuinely participate as a member in a forum, then why are you advertising on that forum? Because you think your time is worth more than ours is. That's insulting. Fuck off, spammer.

Anastasia Beaverhausen
04-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Also, your site is a ripoff of Weffriddles.

olivion
04-04-2008, 05:19 AM
you're right. I won't do that anymore. Close the topic, del the thread, I dunno. I won't bother any one else with this.
and thanks for opening some eyes here...

seebs
04-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks for listening. Have fun out there!

Crumb
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Well the good news is I don't think the admins will delete it. Since it is free it is non-commercial spam. :yup: