PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Thrones Mafia - Rebooted

Pages : [1] 2

Megatron
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
King Robert Baratheon is dead. Cersei Lannister has assumed control of the Seven Kingdoms as Queen Regent by enthroning her son Joffrey.

However, before he was executed, Lord Eddard Stark was successful in getting out a message to several Lords and Ladies of noble houses.

These Lords and Ladies (you, the players), having found out about Cersei's incest, and the true father of her children, have gathered in secret, to plot out a way to remove the false king and crown a true heir.

Unfortunately, the morning after your meeting, Lord Edmure Tully, who gathered you all here, is found dead. The guards were careful, and are sure no one got in or out. It must have been an inside job.

Now if there is to be any hope to enact your plans, you must ferret out the traitors amongst you, and survive to spread the word.

The Living:
beyelzu
Crumb
Ensign Steve
JamesBannon
John D'oh
mrickaby
Nightson
Skydin
slimshady2357
Smilin
trillian

The Dead:
...no one, YET.

The following Roles may or may not be used:

The Conspirators: You are one of the Lords and bannermen summoned by Lord Tully to overthrow Queen Regent Cersei and send her incestuous ass to rot in the seven hells. You have one ability, but it is a powerful one: A vote. Your goal is to lynch the Infiltrators before they kill you all.

Diviner: A skilled user of an ancient mind reading technique. You play on the side of the conspirators, and attempt to root out the infiltrators. Each night you can select one player to attempt to detect his/her true intentions.

Maester: You are a healer, and can save others from even the most grevious wounds. You play on the side of the conspirators, and attempt to root out the infiltrators. Each night you can select one player (you may NOT select yourself) to protect from harm. However, since your craft is intensive and requires the target to be still, the target has a 50% chance to be unable to perform his/her night action, if he/she has one. The Maester's ability has no effect, good or ill, on the infiltrators.

Red Priest: You are a priest of a little-known faith that has been given great power by R'hallor. You play on the side of the conspirators, and attempt to root out the infiltrators. Once during the course of the game, during the night phase, you can resurrect another player - at the cost of your own life. If you revive the Vigilante, he becomes a normal conspirator if he has already used his night kill.

Vigilante: You managed to get in here with one poisoned dagger, just in case something like this happened. You play on the side of the conspirators, and attempt to root out the infiltrators. Once during the course of the game, you can make a night kill. If you are killed the same night, the infiltrators act first, and your kill is lost.

-----

The Infiltrators: You are here on behalf of Queen Regent Cersei, to ensure that no one gets out of here alive. You and any other infiltrators may communicate via PM or off-site during the night phase and select one dirty conspirator to slay each night.

Crippler: You are trained well in the art of stealthily subduing an opponent and keeping them from making any action. You play on the side of the infiltrators, and may communicate with them via PM or off-site during the night phase, and aid them in selecting a kill. Each night you may block one player from making any night action.

Sympathizer: You are a conspirator who plays on the side of the infiltrators. The infiltrators are _____, but you may not communicate with them outside of the game thread. They do not know who you are - your job is to help them figure it out, and do what you can to help them win. If investigated by the Diviner, you will detect as a conspirator.

-----

Rules/Info:
You pretty much know the drill. See the "about: Mafia" sticky thread for more information. Once the game starts you will NOT be able to edit ANY POSTS in the Colosseum subforum! This is to prevent edits that may break the vote counts and even timing of day phase changing to night (i.e. a lynch vote edited out when in reality it should immediately launch nightfall.)

I don't have eyes in the back of my head so I may not be here the very second nightfall hits even though I'll be watching quite a bit. Try to be aware of the vote counts since I don't want to spam the thread up with a count every 2-3 posts. I'll probably keep it to once a page.

Votes should always be in bold, if they're not, they don't get counted.

I don't have any hard and fast deadline for day or night times, but if something drags on for 100 years (especially a night phase, these really shouldn't take very long), I'll step in with one as needed.

Megatron
05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
It is now Day One. 11 players alive: 6 votes to lynch.

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines.

Crumb
05-05-2008, 11:06 PM
:woohoo:

Oh and to clarify: No PMs except the scum at night, eh?

Ensign Steve
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
vote: trillian

:muahaha:

Megatron
05-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Correct.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
vote: Ensign Steve

She just seems too eager. :noid:

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
She just seems too eager. :noid:

Of course I'm eager! We've been waiting to play this game for weeks! :larrybounce:

Crumb
05-06-2008, 12:24 AM
True. :giggles: it's as good a reason as any other at this point. :shrug:

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Shall I defend my vote? I picked trillian because Spencer's not playing and I think beyelzu would enjoy it too much.

The end. :bowing:

John D'oh
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Why would you need to know the exceptions, to the rule, eh?
I smell a rat! :fart:

vote: Crumb

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Interesting logic. :chin: I like your style, new guy.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I was wondering if "The Conspirators" could PM at night or during the day. :rolls:

mrickaby
05-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Wait, is this real? The game has started!

No vote right now. I want to see what shakes out.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Not much will shake out if people aren't posting. :glare:

mrickaby
05-06-2008, 02:36 AM
People will come in, I am sure there are a few that aren't aware the game started yet.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 03:23 AM
:sadyup:

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Yeah, buddy, relax, seriously. It hasn't even been half a day.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 05:10 AM
:shrug:

Skydin
05-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Very awesome. :D

Vote: Skydin
LETS LYNCH HER!!!

Oh wait, thats me....

unvote:skydin

I'll just wait and see what plays out.

slimshady2357
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Have we started?

Sweet.

vote skydin

Just because that's a silly name.

trillian
05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Finally!

I usually either pick a random to get talk started or vote for someone who isnt participating. I dont like that the people who stay quiet can sometimes skirt through the first days of the game and give us no info.

So I'll wait and see!

Remember not to make a final lynch vote until the person gets a chance to role claim.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Here are the votes...

trillian - 1
Ensign Steve - 1
Crumb - 1
Skydin - 1

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
:wave:

Hey folks. Sorry, embroiled in another game @ RnR. Where ae we, nowhere? Excellent. Just let me check my role PM again to see what side I'm on :blush:

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
OK. Ready to go!

Crumb
05-06-2008, 06:53 PM
No vote James?

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't usually vote randomly on day 1, Crumb, at least not so early. Nothing to go on as yet, especially since only scum can PM in this game.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm just trying to increase the chatter to get something going. To that end, I'll start voting for the quiet ones.

unvote; vote beyelzu.

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Ah, "Lynch the quiet ones", a time-honoured tradition, like "Lynch all liars".

Crumb
05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
It is how I generally start things. :yup:

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, I don't want to get the day over too early (only 6 votes required for a lynch) and I want to give everyone a chance to check in.

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
:wave:

Hey folks. Sorry, embroiled in another game @ RnR. Where ae we, nowhere? Excellent. Just let me check my role PM again to see what side I'm on :blush:

I call bullshit. Why would you post that instead of just checking your PMs? Unless you are putting up smoke.

unvote: trillian

vote: JamesBannon

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
im not quiet anymore.

and im going to throw my vote on es for now, for not voting for me, for misspelling spenser's name and evidentally going with a general lynch the experienced players strategy.

vote ensign steve

i like the lynch the quiet ones strategy in general but im resisting cuz i want people to check in

anybody new with mafia questions?

now might be a good time to break em out

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
damn i should have hit refresh.

unvote

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
es i think james generally just posts whatever is on his mind at the time.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
and yes that is me with teh super cool eddard avatar.

slimshady2357
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Bit of a spewwer, is he?

Hmmmm, this game is slower than a snail on prozac.

And for me to say that is really something. Still, at least we're going now. The first lynch is just so freakin' random. I'll stick with skydin for now, but how are we to decide really?

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 10:46 PM
well one of you evil cocksuckers will slip up and or some dipshit will act squirrelly and we will have our suspect/victim.

and if this was on rnr i would be one of the dipshit suspects, i cant seem to play a game over there without garnering serious suspicion.

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM

Heh... that's about the size of it. :yup: Although I had honestly forgotten what my role actually was.

John D'oh
05-06-2008, 10:57 PM
If it's any consolation, beyelzu, I'm already suspicious of your defending JamesBannon. :eyeonyou:

Crumb
05-06-2008, 11:04 PM
unvote; vote Smilin

Still on the quiet ones.

Ensign Steve
05-06-2008, 11:04 PM
...misspelling spenser's name and evidentally going with a general lynch the experienced players strategy.
That would be a "lynch the good players" strategy. And since when does spelling count?

unvote without a revote? Pussy. :examine:

As a working stiff, I'm enjoying the leisurely pace (and I think I'm still one of the more active posters in the game so far).

Nightson
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
vote: beyelzu

obv scum is obv

Crumb
05-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Current count

Crumb - 1
Skydin - 1
bey - 1
JamesB - 1
Smilin - 1

Skydin
05-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Skydins my middle name. Its not silly, and its way awesomer sounding than stupid 'morgan', my first name.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
well john, hate to wifom

but i would never defend scum if i were scum

and having said that cue nightson's saying it would be a viable strategy giving the metagame.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
holy fucking xpost

vote nightson

for making the same shitty argument last time and using extra shitty logic this time.

its only an obvious scum tell if james turns out to be scum

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
and which of you cocksuckers is invisible?

Crumb
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Me, we should all be with a no PM game.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
...misspelling spenser's name and evidentally going with a general lynch the experienced players strategy.
That would be a "lynch the good players" strategy. And since when does spelling count?

unvote without a revote? Pussy. :examine:

As a working stiff, I'm enjoying the leisurely pace (and I think I'm still one of the more active posters in the game so far).

alright i need to check updates, you are gainfully employed???

and i have a vote now, biayyatch. :tmgrin:

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Me, we should all be with a no PM game.

or so you can hide while sending pms to your nefarious agents, lannister.

Megatron
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Current Votes:

1 - JamesBannon (Ensign Steve)
1 - Smilin (Crumb)
1 - Crumb (John D'oh)
1 - Skydin (slimshady2357)
1 - beyelzu (Nightson)
1 - Nightson (beyelzu)

6 votes to lynch.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Which is why it was determined it should be the general protocol for all :ff: no PM games. Oh those many years ago when we started playing. Everyone should do it. :yup:

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah i recall it being protocol once upon a time and you did fess up that you were invisible so i dont really think its such a tell in your case

JamesBannon
05-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't believe in being invisible.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:32 PM
me neither james which is why im not doing it myself.

mrickaby
05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
vote Nightson

He is going to be wicked quiet anyway.

Crumb
05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Fine, I will make myself appear.

beyelzu
05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
way to bow to peer pressure crumb in related news.

dude take the blue acid it is like really fucking cool.

Crumb
05-07-2008, 12:04 AM
:chuckle:

I just thought that's the way folks would want to play it. I'll pass on the acid. :nyahnyah:

beyelzu
05-07-2008, 12:06 AM
who else is invisible?

not crumb, es, me jb or zero, but someone

beyelzu
05-07-2008, 12:06 AM
come out and be pilloried damnit

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Well, time for me to hit the hay folks. See you later on if I'm still in the game.

Oh, and before I go vote Nightson (he's always a bad guy :) )

John D'oh
05-07-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm always invisible.

Consider it a lifestyle choice. :ipu:

Crumb
05-07-2008, 12:32 AM
:shakeipu:

beyelzu
05-07-2008, 12:58 AM
yall be careful with that sixth vote

slimshady2357
05-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Checking in this fine british morning. Nothing too much happening, but Nightson has caught my eye, just for using obv. WTF does that mean? :D

Only scum use secret, obsucre mumbo jumbo like that!

So, vote Nightson

Megatron
05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Current Votes:

4 - Nightson (beyelzu, mrickaby, JamesBannon, slimshady2357)
1 - Smilin (Crumb)
1 - Crumb (John D'oh)
1 - beyelzu (Nightson)

6 votes to lynch.

slimshady2357
05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh shit, didn't realise that I was the 4th vote for Nightson, thought I was just the 3rd.

So, um, ya, flip flopping like a fish outta water here... unvote

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM

Are those in the order the votes were cast? (Yes, I could check, but I'm supposed to be working.)

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I think so, ES. slimshady just unvoted, so it's 3 for Nightson. Looking for bandwagons? :)

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh indeed. :bandwagon:

Also I have to consult The Mighty Oracle of Mafia Tells and find out what it means to be second, third, and fourth on the wagon.

beyelzu
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
fourth is the most damning but also of course we have to consider the ancient mafia ploy of just leaving your vote on someone cuz as long as a mafia isnt being lynched it doesnt matter.

also in the interest of full disclosure, i have led more than one lynch mob while being mafia. just cuz you are first doesnt make you innocent

Smilin
05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
God dammm I can't believe it....the game finally started!

Was out yesterday, had to take a sick day....Yeooowwww!!!

Will check and get back with everyone....saving my vote for now....heh!

Crumb
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
unvote: Smilin;

Who hasn't checked in yet?

Megatron
05-07-2008, 04:11 PM

Are those in the order the votes were cast? (Yes, I could check, but I'm supposed to be working.)

Yup.

Current Votes:

3 - Nightson (beyelzu, mrickaby, JamesBannon)
1 - Crumb (John D'oh)
1 - beyelzu (Nightson)

6 votes to lynch.

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh indeed. :bandwagon:

Also I have to consult The Mighty Oracle of Mafia Tells and find out what it means to be second, third, and fourth on the wagon.

Day 1 votes don't mean much; it's always a bit of a lottery.

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I humbly disagree.

Crumb
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
So who is voting like scum, ES?

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
According to ES, everybody (except for ES that is)! :giggles:

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
:lol: I didn't have anything specific in mind, I just have seen some pretty good game play on Day 1 of previous games. Other than, "Let's just throw everybody against the wall and see who sticks." By better players than myself, of course.

Crumb
05-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Hmm... :chin: Any ideas from the more experienced players?

Smilin
05-07-2008, 06:43 PM
My game experience has been only two previous games before this one...

Sooooo...no help from me. It's basically a crap-shoot at this point. Either we get lucky and nail one of the scum suckers right off the bat, or one of us die.....

LOL...simple as that....

And for the sake of helping to move things along, I'm gonna

Vote: Trillian

Why? Because she's had only one response since the game has started. And my previous experience has shown me she always starts out very quiet and guarded when she turned out to be scum in the last game I played with her. Besides, I can always uncast my vote once she makes her reappearance (or not...)

We shall see........

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
She'll be along I think.

ETA: basically, however, day 1 is a bit of a lottery, especially when there is no day PM allowed. We have no info to go on, not even number of scum, though in a game this size there isn't likely to be many (say 3 / 4 at the outside).

Crumb
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
How many times have you played against trillian?

Smilin
05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Twice. Once she was scum and started off the same way....

The other time when she was a "townie" she was more active.

I dunno, to be fair, she may just be AFK at the moment...we'll see.

Just trying to generate some conversation/controversy to help things along...lol

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
How many times have you played against trillian?
I've played with Trillian a number of times (at Mafia people :glare: ) and she's a canny player. For the most part she is normally fairly active whether she is townie or scum in my experience.

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I've never played against trillian. :evil: But I've always found her to be fairly quiet. Well, relative to me. Which is to say she's more about game play than idle chatter.

:blahblah: :larrow: :jd:

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Heh ... I tend to be pretty active too, ES. Defence against a "lynch the quiet ones" strategy.

Crumb
05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah in my vague remembrance of playing Mafia with trillian she was a quiet player. :yup:

slimshady2357
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah in my vague remembrance of playing Mafia with trillian she was a quiet player. :yup:

Yes, that's how I remember her too, but I think she was scum!

I'm of the 'lottery' feeling for day 1 also, there just isn't much to go on. bey was posting like a machine earlier, seems like he was desperately trying to avoid the 'lynch the quiet' or maybe he was just bored.

Anyway, with nothing else to move on, I vote bey.

Smilin
05-07-2008, 09:41 PM
hmmmmm....who is the "invisible" forum member that I keep seeing here...but have yet to figure out who it is???????

Someone has something to hide, apparantly......

:holmes:

mrickaby
05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
To chime in on trillian:

I have played both with and against her a number of times, and she really is hard to read early on. Sometimes quiet early as scum, sometimes quiet early as town, other times the opposite. She can really be all over the map.

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm of the 'lottery' feeling for day 1 also, there just isn't much to go on. bey was posting like a machine earlier, seems like he was desperately trying to avoid the 'lynch the quiet' or maybe he was just bored.
He works graveyard, so his postings will be at silly times. Not that I'm suggesting anything to do with your vote, that's just an FYI.

Some people are always visible on the forum, and some people are always invisible on the forum, as a matter of personal preference. Since there has been no hard-and-fast visibility rule set for this game (and it's too late to set one now that we are playing) it is time to just get over it. :shrug:

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 10:24 PM
:iseewhatyoudid:

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Who, me?

Crumb
05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I really would like to have something to go on, but I have no clue who to vote for. Day 1 is lame. :( I think I will go look up that game(or games) with trillian. :walk:

slimshady2357
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
He works graveyard, so his postings will be at silly times. Not that I'm suggesting anything to do with your vote, that's just an FYI.

Ok, thanks for the heads up!

Some people are always visible on the forum, and some people are always invisible on the forum, as a matter of personal preference. Since there has been no hard-and-fast visibility rule set for this game (and it's too late to set one now that we are playing) it is time to just get over it. :shrug:

I couldn't even remember what my status was, turns out I'm a 'visible'. All of the invisibles are scum!!!!!

:D

Crumb
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
trillian was the traitor in Mafia III and didn't seem particularly quiet. :dunno:

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Like I said, she's a very canny player. Very difficult to read.

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:01 PM
unvote; vote Ensign Steve

Crumb
05-07-2008, 11:06 PM
unvote; vote Ensign Steve
Why?

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Defending invisible players is a "scum tell" (Bey's favourite phrase) :biggrin:

Smilin
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
hmmmm....interesting...

unvote Trillian, Vote Ensign Steve

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Defending invisible players is a "scum tell" (Bey's favourite phrase) :biggrin:
I can't tell if you're kidding. I'm married to the invisible player, for whatever that's worth.

I would buy that it was a retaliatory vote if you hadn't waited an entire day to cast it.

Crumb
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I think citing "scum tells" is a scum tell. :tongueincheek:

vote JamesBannon

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't make retaliatory votes, ES. Ask anyone who's played against me.

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
This game is starting to get interesting! :biggrin:

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
In fact. I think if you were scum and you wanted to vote for me, you would have taken the opportunity right away. Since you didn't, I'm going to assume you're as clueless as anyone.

unvote: JamesBannon

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
ETA: Voting me out on day 1 is not wise for the town.

Well spotted ES.

unvote; vote Nightson

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 11:17 PM

Then since when is defending invisible players a scum tell? I've never even heard of that.

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:18 PM

Then since when is defending invisible players a scum tell? I've never even heard of that.

You haven't played @ RnR!

Smilin
05-07-2008, 11:18 PM
shat...and right at quitting time too....getting ready to cut out for the day....

in the mean time Unvote Ensign Steve

I'll review the evidence and responses further in the morning......

and for the record, I have to agree that citing scum tells is a scum tell.

Will have to review what has happened so far and cast my vote accordingly tomorrow...

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 11:19 PM
You haven't played @ RnR!

That's for damn sure!

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:31 PM
:lol:

Ensign Steve
05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
So, wait. Why is your vote on Nightson?

JamesBannon
05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Random vote, ES + he hasn't been in. He has been quiet recently though.

trillian
05-07-2008, 11:55 PM
vote: Nightson

This should get him to show. Hi Nightson!

Crumb
05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Don't pile on, I think he has a lot of votes on him.

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Doesn't trillian's vote only make 2? I though you were the keep-track guy. ;)

Crumb
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I lost track. He had more at one point, but folks may have unvoted.

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
I lost track.

That's very unlike you. :examine:

Crumb
05-08-2008, 01:30 AM
It is regression. I am busier than normal at work.

Nightson
05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I have to limit my posts, they're so chock full of awesome they can make people's heads explode if I'm not careful.

Also, JB is scum

unvote, vote: Jamesbannon

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Ah, the invisible man returns. Care to back up that assertion? Any evidence? Reasoning?

slimshady2357
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Here is count from what I can tell, consider it unofficial:

Nightson 4 (bey, mrickaby, trillian, JB)
JB 2 (Crumb, Nightson)
Crumb 1 (John D'oh)
bey 1 (slimshady)

Feel free to correct me oh mighty lord of the game (or anyone else).

Megatron
05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
yup,

Current Votes:

4 - Nightson (beyelzu, mrickaby, JamesBannon, trillian)
2 - JamesBannon (Crumb, Nightson)
1 - Crumb (John D'oh)
1 - beyelzu (slimshady2357)

6 votes to lynch.

Smilin
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
hmmmmm....interesting...

noone's been lynched yet?

Nightson, I'd be interested in your reasoning that JB is scum?

It's a tossup for me now between JB and Nightson....

Nightson....defend yourself!

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm wondering why you think I'm scum, smilin. Care to elaborate?

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I think one, possibly two, of the people sitting on Nightson must be scum (or Nightson is), because the mafia have had the opportunity to swoop in for the kill for hours now and haven't done it.

To be honestly, I'm really leaning toward Nightson being the baddie, out of the above two scenarios. I'm going to get ready for work. You all talk me out of it if you think I shouldn't do it. Otherwise I'm putting my vote on him in an hour.

Smilin
05-08-2008, 03:35 PM

citing scum tells is in itself a scum tell....you're out to eliminate everyone else in the game are you not?

It's a diversionary tactic and a smoke screen in my opinion.

Don't worry though, I'm patiently waiting for Nightson to appear and defend himself before casting my vote.

slimshady2357
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I think one, possibly two, of the people sitting on Nightson must be scum (or Nightson is), because the mafia have had the opportunity to swoop in for the kill for hours now and haven't done it.

I'm not really sure about this reasoning. The scum don't really need to swoop in on day one, chances are we'll lynch one of our own anyway. And jumping on at the end (5th or 6th) is always going to be questioned as suspicious.

To be honestly, I'm really leaning toward Nightson being the baddie, out of the above two scenarios. I'm going to get ready for work. You all talk me out of it if you think I shouldn't do it. Otherwise I'm putting my vote on him in an hour.

I'm not really against lynching Nightson though, he's been dead quiet mostly and someone has to go :shrug:

I'll see what everyone else thinks, but I don't mind lynching him and seeing where the game goes from there.

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Okay, fuck it. But I'm only doing it because I honestly suspect him, and not because "someone has to go".

vote: Nightson

beyelzu
05-08-2008, 04:05 PM
My game experience has been only two previous games before this one...

Sooooo...no help from me. It's basically a crap-shoot at this point. Either we get lucky and nail one of the scum suckers right off the bat, or one of us die.....

LOL...simple as that....

And for the sake of helping to move things along, I'm gonna

Vote: Trillian

Why? Because she's had only one response since the game has started. And my previous experience has shown me she always starts out very quiet and guarded when she turned out to be scum in the last game I played with her. Besides, I can always uncast my vote once she makes her reappearance (or not...)

We shall see........

i dont really agree, so long as everyone participates and is active i think we can get mafia on day one

beyelzu
05-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Yes, that's how I remember her too, but I think she was scum!

Anyway, with nothing else to move on, I vote bey.

or i went to sleep i work third shift i log on when i get off work.

beyelzu
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM

citing scum tells is in itself a scum tell....you're out to eliminate everyone else in the game are you not?

It's a diversionary tactic and a smoke screen in my opinion.

Don't worry though, I'm patiently waiting for Nightson to appear and defend himself before casting my vote.

i dont agree that looking for and pointing out scum tells is itself a scum tell, sure it could be but i dont see it.

btw you pointing it out as a scum tell would make you scum wouldnt it?

anyway, nightson's bold assertion that jb is scum is interesting, not he thinks or anything and no role claim has come either.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
So now there are five votes on Nightson, so no one vote for him until he can defend himself.

I am not sure why you are all so suspicious of him.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 04:18 PM
In a word, Crumb, paranoia! Day 1 is always like this in my experience. I get slated on RnR for going with my usual "no lynch" on day 1.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Are you invisible, James?

beyelzu
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
also the last time nightson used that argument he was scum i thought it specious then and still do it is loaded with wifom.

hmm somthing scum never do according to the metagame would be a great scum manuever so im going to vote.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Are you invisible, James?
Nope. I don't do invisible as I said earlier.

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
In a word, Crumb, paranoia! Day 1 is always like this in my experience. I get slated on RnR for going with my usual "no lynch" on day 1.

Bullshit, bullshit, :bullshit: ! I have seen plenty of good plays made on day 1. Giving up on even trying is poison for the town.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I haven't given up and I will vote. Indeed I have voted in this game.

trillian
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
OK...I should be here more now. I think I am dead now in another game over at RnR (where I am/was a scum!). So now I will remember to log in over here more.

We really never have much info on day one until someone claims or something. So far: nada. Once in a while we get lucky and lynch a bad guy.

But give Nightson a chance to claim unless he doesnt show for a long time or something. I cant wait forever....got a baby coming out soon!

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 07:26 PM
You're not dead yet, Trillian! However, LuisGarcia got his :pleased:

Smilin
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
In the interest of keeping the game moving along, I'm giving Nightson until it is time for me to go home (just under two hours) to respond and give proof for his accusation that JB is scum before the axe falls...

I'm just assuming that he's as clueless as everyone else, but want to give him the opportunity to role claim before the death blow is dealt...

If anyone has any objections, please voice them now...

chop..chop!

Crumb
05-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I think Nightson is in a vastly different time zone than most of us.

Nightson
05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I think Nightson is in a vastly different time zone than most of us.

Just a different schedule actually. Roughly the same effect though.

Smilin and Jamesbannon are probably scum. I'd be fine with a lynch of either of them. Bey is probably not scum.

By saying you think pointing out scum tells is a scum tell you admit you are scum. Ha! Can't beat that logic.

No but really, Smilin or Jamesbannon, look through their posts and you should be able to see it too.

Also, mrickaby and trillian are on a lynching wagon for the reason of "He's quiet" and "Hi, Nightson" basically. They also deserve watching for when I am ultimately hammered by somebody.

P.S. I'm a townie, just ask the cabal.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Hah! There is no cabal in this game, Nightson. Clearest case of wifom I've ever seen.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I think the cabal was a joke.

As my vote shows I agree with Nightson on the apparent scuminess of JamesBannon. I don't advise lynching Nightson.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
We'll see, Crumb when I'm lynched whether you think you're decision to see me as scum was vindicated. I am, of course, town. No panic for a role claim yet.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, obviously we'll see either way.

I really don't have much to go on. You could very well be a townie, but what are the odds that the first bandwagon (Nightson) is scum? :thinkup:

Nightson
05-08-2008, 10:09 PM

I'm leaning that way as well.

We'll see, Crumb when I'm lynched whether you think you're decision to see me as scum was vindicated. I am, of course, town. No panic for a role claim yet.

Welcome to Spotting Scummy Posts 101, in this class we will dissect the above statement by Jamesbannon. Now, can someone tell me what effect Jamesbannon was attempting to accomplish with his post? Bueller? Bueller?

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM

I really don't have much to go on. You could very well be a townie, but what are the odds that the first bandwagon (Nightson) is scum? :thinkup:

It doesn't have to do with "odds". We're not rolling dice (at least some of us aren't) but we're making educated guesses based on behavior and votes. If Day 1 is really truly a crapshoot, why do we even bother? Why don't we just have a random generator pick the first lynch and start the game at nightfall? :sigh:

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 10:20 PM

I'm leaning that way as well.

Welcome to Spotting Scummy Posts 101, in this class we will dissect the above statement by Jamesbannon. Now, can someone tell me what effect Jamesbannon was attempting to accomplish with his post? Bueller? Bueller?
Come on Nightson, you can do better than that. You know my game play from RnR. When have I ever claimed town & been scum?

Crumb
05-08-2008, 10:25 PM

It doesn't have to do with "odds". We're not rolling dice (at least some of us aren't) but we're making educated guesses based on behavior and votes. If Day 1 is really truly a crapshoot, why do we even bother? Why don't we just have a random generator pick the first lynch and start the game at nightfall? :sigh:
Information for later days.

Smilin
05-08-2008, 10:27 PM

Odds are that he isn't, actually....

All we have to go on is a roll of the dice at this point and my hunch is either Nightson or JB is scum.

I'm not convinced that Nightson is scum and may be totally innocent....

James, however, with his 'citing scum tells' comment has convinced me (for now) that he is indeed scum....

Vote: James Bannon

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Jeez smilin, that's unbelievably thin. Are you telling me that you're going to lynch someone on such flimsy evidence? I guess we have two scum candidates now (well maybe three).

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Thanks. I was being a bit rhetorical and :melo: but it just makes me sad when people act like we have to lynch at random on Day 1. I hate to see a lamb get sacrificed for no reason, especially if it's going to put us at a disadvantage, numbers-wise.

Ensign Steve
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Jeez smilin, that's unbelievably thin. Are you telling me that you're going to lynch someone on such flimsy evidence? I guess we have two scum candidates now (well maybe three).
How is lynching on flimsy evidence worse than lynching at random?

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM

Thanks. I was being a bit rhetorical and :melo: but it just makes me sad when people act like we have to lynch at random on Day 1. I hate to see a lamb get sacrificed for no reason, especially if it's going to put us at a disadvantage, numbers-wise.
OR power wise!

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 10:38 PM
How is lynching on flimsy evidence worse than lynching at random?
I at least admitted that my vote was random because, for the present, there is nothing to go on.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Well I really don't think a vote is random at this point. But it is on really flimsy evidence either way. Honestly I am leaning toward Nightson at this point. I don't think pointing out "scum tells" is really much of a reason to lynch. I was looking for anything really.

unvote

Smilin
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM

And what is wrong with this logic?????.......

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 10:53 PM

And what is wrong with this logic?????.......
I figure from the numbers that there are three scum in the game. Since you followed Nightson's obvious wifom attempt, I guess I was adding you to the list. I also thought Crumb, but since he's leaning towards Nightson that would make him clear on day 1 (for the present).

Smilin
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Interesting logic...J.B.....

So, to recap, when Crumb was considering you for the chopping block he was scum? Correct?

Now that he's reconsidered and is considering Nightson, he's okay in your book now? Correct?

And I am scum, according to your logic, simply for voting for you? My gog man! I've been all over the map, first nominating Trillian, then ES, JUST to see what kind of reactions I get.

So, is that it? I am scum for simply playing the game and prodding for information? LOL...we're all scum by that logic then dude...

;)

Smilin
05-08-2008, 11:00 PM
My vote stands the way it is for now...

Time for me to leave for home now...

Will check back in later from home all!

Chow!

Nightson
05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hmm hmm, my working theory might need revision. PBPA coming tonight.

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
So, is that it? I am scum for simply playing the game and prodding for information? LOL...we're all scum by that logic then dude...

Heh ... I recall a game on RnR where that was, indeed, the case :lol:

JamesBannon
05-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm out for the evening folks. See you later if I'm still in the game.

Crumb
05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
So anyone who votes for you is suspicious, James? That doesn't really make much sense.

I still have my :eyeonyou:

John D'oh
05-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Ok, I probably shouldn't even be posting while I'm this tired, cranky, and bitchy, but here goes... :rant:

I've had enough of the back and forth on what is (to a newbie like me) random selection. There is definite suspicion, but that is not my primary reasoning. Role claim chance has been given, and IMO, failed. I just don't want to hear any more and am ready for day 2.

You may have killed her when you shoved all those dollar bills down her throat... you may have killed her when you hit her with the stool... I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I'll tell you what didn't kill her... smoking!
-Peter Griffin-

unvote: Crumb
VOTE: Nightson

PS: for the sake of full disclosure, I reiterate that I am invisible, I'm always invisible, and I plan to stay invisible. I know these 2 things make me look like scum, but I'm willing to take that chance and be a scummy bitch in actions, if not game role.

Nightson
05-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Haha, I knew that would happen. Enjoy the game guys.

Crumb
05-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Is that 5 or 6 votes on Nightson?

Nightson
05-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Six. Four at the top of the last page, picked up ES's vote and then John hammered. I be dead.

Ensign Steve
05-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Take it to the peanut gallery, dead boy.

Megatron
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Welcome to Night one.

Current Votes:

6 - Nightson (beyelzu, mrickaby, JamesBannon, trillian, Ensign Steve, John D'oh)
2 - JamesBannon (Nightson, Smilin)
1 - beyelzu (slimshady2357)

6 Votes for Nightson means he's gone, baby gone.

Nightson was a poor Conspirator... and you lynched him. So Sorry...

Night roles, PM me.

Also, the forums won't let me edit the OP, so I'll just have to keep the dead/alive list as we go.

JamesBannon
05-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Are you keeping one game thread, Zero Angel?

Megatron
05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm currently debating between one game thread or a new thread for each day (since I could OP the current live/dead list with a new thread, that option is quite tempting.)

Let's discuss that in the peanut gallery

Megatron
05-10-2008, 11:22 AM
You wake up to find Ensign Steve dangling from the rafters, dead.

She was a Conspirator.

The Living:
beyelzu
Crumb
JamesBannon
John D'oh
mrickaby
Skydin
slimshady2357
Smilin
trillian

The Dead:
Nightson, Conspirator, lynched day 1.
Ensign Steve, Conspirator, killed night 1.

Megatron
05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
It is now Day 2, go go go!

Current Votes: None.

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Curious, wonder why the scum went after ES.

Anyone any ideas?

mrickaby
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Current Votes:

A possible reasoning.

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, I suppose, but remember ES also voted for Nightson. Right now, I suspect John D'oh because she (?) was the last person to jump.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:13 PM
yeah right now i suspect you jamesbannon you all but outed as a special and yet here you sit alive.

so role claim or get lynched.

also es was suspicious of all the good players so if she considered you a good player than you are a suspect.

trill and me for certain.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:14 PM
vote james bannon

plus the feel of your posts is different right now, im certain you have a special role either mafia or good special so if you are good out and hope for doc protection.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:17 PM
also for what it worth the priest if we have one i think will be a very powerful role endgame.

use the power late to make a confirmed innocent to go with any confirmed innocents the cop gets.

so dont go wasting your resurrection too early

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Current Votes:

A possible reasoning.

it is true that it is totally my style when scum to lead a lynch and sit on the bandwagon. unfortunately nightson's play was atypical and fucked my scumdar but good.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:20 PM
vote james bannon

plus the feel of your posts is different right now, im certain you have a special role either mafia or good special so if you are good out and hope for doc protection.

and if you are the doc who did you protect last night and why???

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:23 PM
i do think it likely that either one of es's good players is in fact mob, cuz with es's suspicion of us if we were clean the real mob should ahve kept her alive to muddy the waters.

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Bey, I'm the cop. I view ES last night but got no result, either because she was already dead or because I was blocked.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
unvote

anyone want to counterclaim the cop claim???

doc if we have one protect james bannon and lets hope there is no crippler

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
the real question is why they didnt kill you last night, maybe they decided to cripple you instead.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:38 PM
for now pending a counterclaim im going to take jb at face value and

vote crumb

for being uncrumblike.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:46 PM

Odds are that he isn't, actually....

All we have to go on is a roll of the dice at this point and my hunch is either Nightson or JB is scum.

I'm not convinced that Nightson is scum and may be totally innocent....

James, however, with his 'citing scum tells' comment has convinced me (for now) that he is indeed scum....

Vote: James Bannon

if smilin is scum this sets up a later lynch quite nicely.

he would have known that nightson is innocent so when he got lynched he could go now i suspect jb.

so smilin is on my list of suspects right now and possibly trill

except, historically trill has gone for double mindfuck kills when she is evil.

beyelzu
05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
ive got to crash i work 13 hours on friday night and saturday night so ive got to get some sleep i will check in if possible in a few hours.

Crumb
05-10-2008, 05:13 PM
How am I uncrumblike? You need to explain that, bey?

We seem to have a lot of quiet folks and that makes me suspicious of them. Slimshady and JohnD'oh who finished off Nightson are not saying anything useful.

It's too bad you didn't get a read last night, JB. That would have helped us big time. :yup:

Vote: John D'oh

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Not really, Crumb as she was a conspirator. It would have been much more useful to find out she was scum.

Oh yeah vote John D'oh

Crumb
05-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Speaking of being cop, JB. You sure outed quickly. Why the decision to out so soon? There was only one vote on you. Why did you hint you were special yesterday and then out today? Especially with a failed reading you should have tried to hang around for as many nights as possible.

I still believe you, assuming we don't get any counter claims. Just curious as to your reasoning.

Crumb
05-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Not really, Crumb as she was a conspirator. It would have been much more useful to find out she was scum.

Oh yeah vote John D'oh
Well, of course scum is better, but confirmed innocents are helpful too.

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Speaking of being cop, JB. You sure outed quickly. Why the decision to out so soon? There was only one vote on you. Why did you hint you were special yesterday and then out today? Especially with a failed reading you should have tried to hang around for as many nights as possible.

I still believe you, assuming we don't get any counter claims. Just curious as to your reasoning.
I don't normally out early, but I screwed up yesterday.

Crumb
05-10-2008, 05:46 PM
:thankee: Ok, that's fair.

:hoot:

slimshady2357
05-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Interesting that we have someone role claiming already. I don't have a counter claim, and there hasn't been one yet, so I'm inclined to believe JB.

I'm going to read all of ES's posts and see what might have gotten her killed.

slimshady2357
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Current Votes:

A possible reasoning.

I couldn't find anything better than that (other than she was for lynching based on evidence on Day 1, rather than just giving up to the 'lack' of info and lynching on 'randomness'. That would at least make her a committed and possibly formidable player.)

Still, would the scum kill her based on that quote? It's more likely they would kill her if she was wrong to throw us off the scent. Of course you can wifom that back and forth until your head goes screwy.

I'm inclined to believe that they wouldn't kill her if she was right. Especially since one of those was JB and he's looking like the cop (there are a number of people who haven't posted yet and might counter claim).

Of course mrickaby being one of the 4 in the quote and pointing out the quote does make it even more wifom troublesome. :whatthe:

I'd be inclined to believe that at most 1 of the 4 in the quote are scum and my most likely candidate right now would be trillian, but that is more gut than anything.

Crumb
05-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I think that quote is an interesting clue. Thanks for digging it up mrickaby. It tempts me to add mrickaby and trillian to my list of suspects though. I'd like to see what trillian and John D'oh have to say.

John D'oh
05-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry I've been so quiet. Been busy helping ES move all last night and today. You know how it is on weekends. That's my defense for being so quiet, Crumb. James, as far as being the last person to vote on Nightson, I honestly thought he was guilty and thought it would be a good lynch. It sucks that I was wrong about it.

Personally, I still find Crumb suspicious, like I did at the start of the first day.

vote: Crumb

JamesBannon
05-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Nightson always seems scummy to me, but I think that's just the way he plays (and my scum radar usually isn't very good anyway). Like I said earlier, I tried to read ES last night and it was because I thought she was either scum / special, but at least the bad guys didn't get a special on night 1.

BTW: If the doc is out there, I could do with some protection tonight as I'm probably next.

I'll have a think about who I should be viewing.

Crumb
05-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Well darnit, I am really getting annoyed at the votes with no explanation. Saying you "find me suspicious" doesn't really cut it. It makes me suspect you more. Scum are more likely to throw accusations around without reasons. So my vote stays on you.

Crumb
05-11-2008, 12:21 AM
James: I think if we lynch John and you view either trillian or slimshady, whichever you more strongly suspect.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm not even going to hint at who I'm going to view, Crumb. Hopefully the reason I didn't get a read on ES was because I was role-blocked last night instead of just move order.

Crumb
05-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Nothing wrong with that.

mrickaby
05-11-2008, 01:26 AM
I am kind of confused by what James is saying, as I am the cop.

I viewed bey last night and he came back town.

mrickaby
05-11-2008, 01:28 AM
ETA: vote: jamesbannon

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 02:09 AM
fuck me, someone is lying for sure.

hopefully we still have a priest

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 02:10 AM
no worries rickaby you will survive the night but i wont i dont think.

vote jamesbannon

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 02:12 AM
although lets be real careful about this guys

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 02:17 AM
unvote

james bannon said that he got a no read and mrickaby said im townie

so im left wondering what happens if the cop does try to view the person slated for dying? do they get back a she was a townie read?

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 02:19 AM
actually it just occurred to me that the priest probably wont bring me back. the doc will protect the real cop.

also zero any chance of more than one cop?

Crumb
05-11-2008, 05:59 AM
I'd like to hear JamesBannon's defense. I can't see any reason for any townie claiming cop when he is not so one of you must be scum if there is only one cop, (or should we be saying Diviner?)

Skimming the OP I didn't see anything about the maximum number for any role. Maybe we have two diviners. I don't see any reason why scum would play cop at this point. This is weird.

bey: You never did explain how I was playing "uncrumblike".

Skydin
05-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Honestly, I'm tempted to disbelieve mrickaby, simply because He seemed less convincing, and gave less detail. Also, yes, I know, I havent been posting. But I've been lurking, getting a feel for things before really getting into them.

trillian
05-11-2008, 07:14 AM
2 dead now, but if there is any good in it would be that they didnt have special abilities. 2 cops outed already? Not sure yet which one to believe. I have played a game before where there were double roles and the first sets of counterclaims made things pretty confusing. (right now my gut says JB is the liar if there is one)

It's kinda late here so I'll come back to analyze tomorrow night. It's Mother's day so I would imagine many players have to suck it up like me and go do stuff with Motherly people.

slimshady2357
05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Oooookay, so we do have a counter claim. There is an interesting lack of information and length to mrickaby's post, very blunt.

I have a couple of thoughts immediately on what has occured. First, only scum would falsely counter claim, since it makes NO sense for a townie to do so. So the question becomes - Why would a scum counter claim here? Surely it would be a 'rogue' move (a scum acting alone) in that they couldn't have discussed this scenario by PM last night, could they? I just don't see a scum acting on their own and doing this. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't see it.

So that makes me lean towards mrickaby being a real diviner.

Second, I thought it was quite the coincidence that JB viewed ES and she was killed by the scum. If you're going to claim cop falsely, it makes good sense to claim you viewed someone who died, because you cannot be wrong. And it's very poor to claim to be the cop and say you viewed a scum buddy and they were town, because once you are found out, your scum buddy is going to be killed next.

This also makes me lean towards believing mrickaby over JB.

So right now I'm leaning towards JB being the scum. Of course we could have 2 diviners, but I think ZA would have mentioned that there could be multiple people with the same role, so I doubt that is the case.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 11:35 AM
ZA, can I quote my role PM?

Megatron
05-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Ah, I thought the wiki I linked to before specified this, but to clarify, under no circumstances should any player quote any PMs they've received from me.

I've never played a single game in which this didn't result in a modkill.

Also, any action that is illegal to DO is also illegal to fake (i.e. don't MISquote my posts either.)

Megatron
05-11-2008, 12:05 PM
The page 9 update:

Votes:

2 - Crumb (beyelzu, John D'oh)
2 - John D'oh (Crumb, JamesBannon)
1 - JamesBannon (mrickaby)

5 votes to lynch.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Fine ZA, just checking. It is not normal practice, but some DMs do allow it.

OK. I viewed ES last night and got no read. The only reason we know that ES is town is because the DM tells us so in thread. Given the order of night actions as clarified, there are only two explanations: a) I was protected & didn't get a read in (recall that a protected player only has a 50 - 50 chance of getting a move in); or b) I was role-blocked. I am not jumping at one conclusion or the other at this stage.

It is possible that there are 2 cops in the game. This may mean that one of us is normal and the other is paranoid, naive or insane. Unfortunately, because I didn't get a read in, I cannot make any guess as to whether I'm normal or not. mrickaby (if his claim is genuine) is in the same position.

To sort out this kind of position, it would be OK if the cops read each other to see what results they get. Unfortunately, with only 11 players in the game, there isn't sufficient time to do that plan. I therefore propose that mrickaby read me and I choose a different target. The doc can protect whichever of the two of use he / she suspects the least.

mrickaby
05-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I could go along with that James, or the opposite even. The only thing I had to hide in this game I have already made public. I hadn't really considered the possibility of there being two cops. I still don't think it is very likely with a game this small, and there is the possibility that one of us gets killed anyway tonight.

unvote for now, even though I still don't completely trust you.

mrickaby
05-11-2008, 01:09 PM
There is an interesting lack of information and length to mrickaby's post, very blunt.

There was not much more information to offer, and I have been trying to play a little quiet so as not to attract attention from the scum.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, one of us is going to die, that's for sure; the doc can't protect two people at once.

mrickaby
05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, one of us is going to die, that's for sure; the doc can't protect two people at once.

He can hope to pick the same person the scum picks. I guess we will see what happens with this. I don't like it completely, though.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Whatever happens, we both need to get a move in tonight (assuming neither of us is lynched today). That way, at least there will be some info for the town tomorrow.

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd like to hear JamesBannon's defense. I can't see any reason for any townie claiming cop when he is not so one of you must be scum if there is only one cop, (or should we be saying Diviner?)

Skimming the OP I didn't see anything about the maximum number for any role. Maybe we have two diviners. I don't see any reason why scum would play cop at this point. This is weird.

bey: You never did explain how I was playing "uncrumblike".

not as playful as normal kind of tense, you remind me actually of how you played in an early game when you were scum.

you and wei yau all tense and shit.

Crumb
05-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Which game was that? I was never scum in any :ff: games. I think you are misremembering.

Anyways, my vote stays on John D. But I am also looking at Skydin for being so damn quiet. I don't think we should lynch either of the claimed cops, because we will likely know what is going on next day, then we can lynch the obvious scum if one of them doesn't check out.

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 06:09 PM
unvote for now. I need time to think.

Megatron
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Votes:

2 - Crumb (beyelzu, John D'oh)
1 - John D'oh (Crumb)

5 votes to lynch.

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
you are right crumb i am misremembering.

however i stand by the uncrumblike charge for now

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 06:29 PM
however

unvote, vote trill

for being stilted not particularly helpful and quiet for her

im also ok with skydin vote just to get participate

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 06:32 PM
We may need to cut Trill some slack (IIRC she is carrying around a little bit of a "load" :) )

Crumb
05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
So I am getting FoS'ed and voted for based on vague and insubstantial claims. :glare:

How can I defend myself against that?

I may be playing differently simply because I haven't been playing in awhile. :shrug:

slimshady2357
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
The fact that we could have 2 diviners makes this very difficult to get your head around. It also means we could be up shit creek.

With the number of players, we cannot afford to screw this up so badly that the diviner gets killed and we get no info other than that (should there only be one diviner).

So what are the options?

Lynch neither of the role claimers.
Lynch one of the roles claimers.

Whatever we do, we will have to do one of those things. So what are the pluses and minuses of each.

Lynch neither pluses - we definitely won't lynch a diviner. We could get one or both of them to give us some info tomorrow morning.
Lynch neither minuses - the scum know which one(s) of the them is a diviner, they will kill a diviner now (unless the doc gets it right). Of course, this will happen no matter what, i.e. it's a minus all the way around!

Lynch one of them pluses - I can't think of any :eek:
Lynch one of them minuses- we could lynch the real one, they could both be real!

I don't know, like I said it's hard to get your head around all the possibilities. Feel free to add anything to any of the lists if you think of something.

Right now, I just don't see the benefit in lynching one of them unless we are pretty damn sure they are a faker.

But then who do we lynch?!

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Not only that, but because scum have a role blocker we might not get any info at all if the doc chooses the same target as the scum. Damnation, I knew I shouldn't have outed. What a dweeb :rant:

Crumb
05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Or we could get both diviners with info tomorrow if the doc chooses correctly. Slim is right that our best strategy is not lynch James or mrickaby today.

But I don't have a silver bullet for who we should lynch. That was a pretty good post slim, so you are looking town to me. I have my vote on John, because he seems a little sneaky and he is gunning for me. I can't be sure if he is scum or not though. I would look over the thread, but I am going to be leaving soon. I will leave my vote on John though and read through day 1 again later if no one has been lynched when I get back.

Crumb
05-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Not only that, but because scum have a role blocker we might not get any info at all if the doc chooses the same target as the scum. Damnation, I knew I shouldn't have outed. What a dweeb :rant:
It's ok James. We all make mistakes. I have never played a cop so I have no idea how I'd handle it. I have been a doc like three times though, and I don't know if I have really done it right either time. We all just learn to play the game from experience. :yup:

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
if the town does have a doc, and two diviners and a priest then we would be awash in fucking mafia.

and with 2 townies dead, well shit there just cant be that many more vanilla townies to go around

what if we dont have a priest or doc but we do have 2 cops???

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 07:23 PM
It's ok James. We all make mistakes. I have never played a cop so I have no idea how I'd handle it. I have been a doc like three times though, and I don't know if I have really done it right either time. We all just learn to play the game from experience. :yup:
It's just policy I keep forgetting: never out a role if you can help it. Alignment is OK (as in I am town), but not a role.

Bey,
I don't see what you're getting at. You're confusing me. I we have no doc, priest or vigilante and only 2 cops then we're doomed since both cops have role claimed (assuming neither of us is scum).

beyelzu
05-11-2008, 07:55 PM
it just seems like alot of specials is all

JamesBannon
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I've been doing some figuring with the numbers & can't make them add up either. I count at most 3 scum (2 actual + the spy) and we have 2 dead townies, neither of whom were specials, unless the DM is holding back info.

ETA: Just read the OP again. The roles may or may not be used. That might clear up some of the confusion.

BTW: The spy (if there is one) reads as conspirator if viewed.

Skydin
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I am sorry for not posting. I'm just kind of new at the game, not really new, but kind of. I'm just watching things, you know, getting a feel for them, and doing what I usually do, which is post when I feel like I have something to say, which unfourtunately I seldom do.

But, as I said, something about JB just seems a little more honest to me, and I'm tempted to believe him over mrickaby. But I agree that we shouldnt really lynch either of them, because if we get the one who is cop, we're screwed and we still dont know if the other is just a second cop or scum. We could get the scum one, if there is a scum one, but still, I dont believe its worth it.

That said, I cant really think of anyone being particularly scummy, probably because I'm new here and dont know your play styles. People are saying crumb is being un-crumblike, but I dont know enough about him to say yeh or meh on that, and besides which doesnt seem like a really great reason to be voting for someone, unless they're acting truely scummy, which crumb doesnt seem to be.

The people voting for crumb could just be jumping on any perceived flaw and then staying with it so as not to be suspicious, which would be scummy, but I dont think they are.

So, in other words, I have no idea. Which is why I havent been posting much.

trillian
05-12-2008, 05:55 AM
however

unvote, vote trill

What? I've been quiet because I have not been online. Weekends are like that. I had a 3-mother Mothers Day today. Grueling.

I would totally swear on the health of my soon-to-be-born little baby girl that I am NOT scum, but it feels like that may be a violation of rules or something since no new mom would ever even joke about that!

This 2 cop thing is still just so fishy. But I cant see the reasoning for scum outing as a cop when there was no real pressure to do it. It's just risky to put yourself out there as an either/or scenario when you have better odds hiding in the masses.

Back tomorrow morning!
I'll put in a vote then.

Smilin
05-12-2008, 01:54 PM
however

unvote, vote trill

What? I've been quiet because I have not been online. Weekends are like that. I had a 3-mother Mothers Day today. Grueling.

I would totally swear on the health of my soon-to-be-born little baby girl that I am NOT scum, but it feels like that may be a violation of rules or something since no new mom would ever even joke about that!

This 2 cop thing is still just so fishy. But I cant see the reasoning for scum outing as a cop when there was no real pressure to do it. It's just risky to put yourself out there as an either/or scenario when you have better odds hiding in the masses.

Back tomorrow morning!
I'll put in a vote then.

My gut feel is to believe Trillian. While I did vote for her earlier, it was just a probing question.

AND, Mother's day weekend WAS hell! I agree!

And 2 cops in this game? JB & mrickaby?

Gotta have time to review what all has happened since Friday, WHY in the fuck ES got lynched and what is up with the dual cop claim?

Will be back later on today to cast my vote...

Later, Taters!

beyelzu
05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
trill while at work i thought about it some more and the killing of es just reeks of you.

im suspicious of you and smilin right now. im not really buying his super confused action and i find his confusion about es's death to be interesting.

but if you were to pick a kill it would have been someone like es and i dont trust mrickaby's counter claim for shit.

the whole no point in claiming if your mafia issue, i dont know about that.

seems to me it would be worth the gamble for the mafia to try to get the cop offed right away so those are my current suspects.

the only scenario that makes sense to me where we have two cops is a ton of evils or an insane/naive cop and a regular cop.