PDA

View Full Version : Assassin In The Palace: Game Thread

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Sintherrata, 27437 S.A.

You wake up to the sound of a scream, then a sick coughing, as if someone were choking on his own blood. Silence comes but a moment later. Chancellor Victor Kazon is found dead in his bedchamber, and along the wall is written a message in blood: "The king must fall."

Someone had infiltrated the crystal spire, and they could be anywhere.

However, King Cievnik Avarian is a recluse, ruling through agents and magistrates. No one even knows what he looks like, except his most trusted guardians, also known as the Faceless Eight. Masked and armored, the Eight know only duty and vigilance.

To protect the King, the Eight dress him up in armor and a mask just like theirs. However, each suit of armor now has a "flaw" - each one unique. Only the loyal Eight would know the flaw and which one belongs to King Cievnik's armor.

It was a good plan... until the very next day, when the Eight convened and met with their King, only to find in the throne room a dead man in a suit of armor matching that of the Faceless Eight.

In blood, a scrawl in blood read, just like before, "The king must fall."

Yet, with one dead, shouldn't there be one less of you? The assassin has obviously infiltrated the Eight... you must find him before he discovers which one of you are the king.

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Setup:

There are 7 guards, 1 king and 1 assassin. The assassin wins if the king is eliminated, whether or not the assassin still lives. The king and the guards win if the assassin is eliminated and the king still lives. The guards know the identity of the king, but not each other. The king and the assassin have no further information.

Reminder: There is no night phase in this game!

The guards know who the king is, the assassin does not. At any point in the game, the assassin may Kill: Player. This, of course, kills the assassin and ends the game. If the targeted player is the king, the assassin wins. If the assassin is lynched, he can kill one player before he dies. Again, if that player is the king, the assassin wins.

Role PMs:

Guard:
You are a member of the Faceless Eight. Long ago you sacrificed everything, even your very name, to protect King Cievnik at all costs. King Cievnik is _______. You win, dead or alive, if the assassin is eliminated and the king survives.

King:
You are King Cievnik Avarian, second of his name, Divine Hand of Tharos and Overlord of Sintherrata. You are also the last of your line. Someone has infiltrated the Faceless Eight, and they want you dead. If you die, you lose. If you don't, you win.

Assassin:
You are the assassin. You know you'll never get out of here alive, but King Cievnik must die before he has a chance to produce an heir, or your sacrifice will mean nothing. At any time you may kill any player by simply typing Kill: Player in the thread. Once you do this, the Faceless Eight and, most likely the king himself, are going to kill you, so you only get one shot. Kill the king or you lose.

Remember:
Faking an assassin kill results in a modkill.
No speculation is allowed regarding the identity of the king, whether it be fake or not. This too results in a modkill.
Absolutely no PMs in this game.

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:16 AM
It is now Day 1.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

There is no time limit in this game.

Players:

1. Crumb
2. Julie
3. Sun Tzu
4. The Tick
5. Adam
6. Ensign Steve
7. Smilin
8. Joshua Adams
9. cappuccino

Roles are now sent. Day 1 ends when someone dies.

The Tick
06-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Ready to go...

vote Crumb
He is a Cylon... :P

:popcorn:

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh noes! We have to deal with not only an assassin lurking about, but also the threat of robotic aliens attacking our, um, castle... does it at least have faster than light travel capabilities?

Megatron
06-24-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm not in this fucking game, you dorks!
:cylon:

The Tick
06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm not in this fucking game, you dorks!
:cylon:

:giggle:

Adam
06-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Checking in.

Vote capp for being the other Cylon.

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Vote: Adam for not giving me a safe fake role. :blame:

The Tick
06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Cappuccino: perhaps you got a better fake role in this game? http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif

Smilin
06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Checking in....

and voting Julie just cuzz I've never played with her and she has to be an assassin...or something or other.....lol

Crumb
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
vote: The Tick :whup:

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh shit! I thought we weren't starting until tomorrow.

vote: Smilin for picking on Julie.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Unvote
Vote Ensign Steve

for trying to portray a "dumb blonde", when she's actually one hippy, chickie!

:D

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh my god you suck!

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok so how do we find the assassin? Are we allowed to ask questions or are we just going to toss votes back and forth till somebody gets lynched?

The Tick
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Ok so how do we find the assassin? Are we allowed to ask questions or are we just going to toss votes back and forth till somebody gets lynched?

Pretty much the only rules were:

Faking an assassin kill results in a modkill.
No speculation is allowed regarding the identity of the king, whether it be fake or not. This too results in a modkill.

So, I suppose asking questions is good.

unvote
vote cappuccino
For hinting that he is a guard, and covering his ass-assin ass.

Crumb
06-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Aren't we all hinting we are guards?

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
How so?

The Tick
06-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I believe everybody already knows the situation: it was a sneaky-soft-guard-claim by capp to suggest "how do we get the assassin".

Everybody knows that people who say what they are, never are that. :giggle:

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, let's nail that assassin! :whup:

cappuccino
where did I hint I'm a guard? I am a guard, I have no need to hint around. Are you being too hasty, The Tick or shall I say, The Assassin?

Crumb
Well I mean as in a regular game of mafia everyone essentially wants to appear as a vanilla townie unless they are claiming a special role. Everyone here wants to appear to be a guard because that's the "safe" role. Right?

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm the doctor. And the cop.

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I believe everybody already knows the situation: it was a sneaky-soft-guard-claim by capp to suggest "how do we get the assassin".

Oh I didn't mean to come across like that, I'm genuinely uncertain on how to proceed.

The Tick
06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
where did I hint I'm a guard? I am a guard, I have no need to hint around. Are you being too hasty, The Tick or shall I say, The Assassin?
Now you said it again!

Earlier you said:
Ok so how do we find the assassin
This suggests that you are on the umm... "town" side.

And that's a bloody lie. I can tell it from your eyes.

Crumb
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
:rolls:

unvote; vote Ensign Steve

Adam
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
It occurs to me that the guards actually have more information here than the king or the assassin, since each of them knows two roles, their own and the king's, while the two specials only know one role, their own. I'm not sure how we effectively turn that to town advantage, though.

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM

:giggles: Are you serious? I wasn't.

Crumb
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Ah, that is true. I never considered that the king knows less than the guards. :chin:

Crumb
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM

:giggles: Are you serious? I wasn't.
Damn right! :blank:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Earlier you said:
Ok so how do we find the assassin
This suggests that you are on the umm... "town" side.

And that's a bloody lie. I can tell it from your eyes.

Capp's either took up drinking or smoking weed.....

That's what you see in his eyes....:yup::popcorn:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 06:09 PM
It occurs to me that the guards actually have more information here than the king or the assassin, since each of them knows two roles, their own and the king's, while the two specials only know one role, their own. I'm not sure how we effectively turn that to town advantage, though.

I suggest we make enough noise so that the assassin rears his head and shows himself...

So, I'd like to role claim as A BIG DUMB ASS now....

now, you sneeky bastard...show yourself....

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Earlier you said:
Ok so how do we find the assassinThis suggests that you are on the umm... "town" side.

Duh...that's the point. The reason I asked because I have no idea how to find him.

All I see is you saying "Oh my god you suck!"

Ok, time to get serious. It seems our best strategy right now is start a speed wagon.

Vote: Sun Tzu because he's hiding right now.

Crumb
06-24-2008, 06:14 PM

I suggest we make enough noise so that the assassin rears his head and shows himself...

So, I'd like to role claim as THE KING now....

:eek: Um won't that get you modkilled? :facepalm:

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 06:15 PM
We shall see.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 06:17 PM

So, I'd like to role claim as NEVERMIND now....

Holy shit!

:blowwhistle:
:bubbles:

The Tick
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
lol

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I read in mafiascum that you want to lynch quickly with little discussion on day 1. Since the good guys are the informed party in this game, discussion mostly helps the uninformed -- the assassin. At least, I think that's how the reasoning goes... I'm trying to find the thread of the original game...

for being ever so slightly scummy,
vote: cappuccino

Smilin
06-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Following JA's lead and

Vote Cappaccino

Crumb
06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd like to wait until the mod resolves the Smilin issue...

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't find capp especially scummy. He just asked how we find the assassin. Given that this is the first time many of us have ever played this game, that is a totally valid question.

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear. Speculating (or faking) the king's identity DOES IN FACT INCLUDE CLAIMING KING. If this happens again... well, you know...

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm not the assassin but eh whatever. :rush:

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:26 PM
So, I'd like to role claim as A BIG DUMB ASS now....

This claim is probably more accurate anyway...
:bk:

Crumb
06-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Unvote; vote Smilin

I think we should get rid of Smilin.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Unvote; vote Smilin

I think we should get rid of Smilin.:bigtear::cryhome:

And based upon your voting history...I believe you to be the assassin....

Unvote; Vote Crumb

Megatron
06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Current Vote Count:

cappuccino: 3 (Adam, The Tick, Joshua Adams)
Smilin: 2 (Ensign Steve, Crumb)
Sun Tzu: 1 (cappuccino)
Crumb: 1 (Smilin)

5 votes to lynch.

Adam
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Unvote; vote Smilin

Why?

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree Crumb is acting weird. Usually on day one he tosses votes around to get people talking. Today he's voting for people who are already talking. What up?

unvote
vote: Crumb

Crumb
06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
This is a different game.

Smilin is now useless as a smokescreen for the king. Getting rid of him won't cost the guards anything at this point.

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 07:42 PM
yeah that's true, smilin's blown his cover.

Unvote
Vote: Smilin

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Smilin is now useless as a smokescreen for the king.

yeah that's true, smilin's blown his cover.

Okay, good points.

unvote
vote: Smilin

Sorry, dude. You fucked up. :shakesmilin:

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
unvote, vote Smilin

Once someone is obviously not the king, it is at worst neutral to get rid of them.

Adam
06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't follow that logic. Why would we lynch someone we're almost positive is a townie?

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Cuz townies don't matter, only the king. Guards are expendable.

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
The assassin will not waste his single kill on someone who's clearly not the king. Hence, we're not actually narrowing his choice at all by killing Smilin.

Adam
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Need to learn to finish my thinking before submitting...

If nothing else, he's a pro-town vote. I'm also a bit leery of just tossing a lynching opportunity into the trash. Look at it this way...do we want to lynch someone we assume is town and have an essentially 0% chance of hitting the assassin, or do we want to lynch any other random person whose role we do not know and have a 1 in 6 shot at the assassin? (1 in 6 because guards know their own identity, the king's identity, and, for the sake of argument, Smilin's identity.)

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Since there's no night phase, we don't have to make our lynches count as much as usual. We don't have to accept a loss of a townie every time there's a lynch.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Unvote; vote Smilin

Why?

Because I'm being my normal, loveable self....

Creating too much noise and havoc for him to process?

Or..is it that he's just being a dick? :shrug:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
You all suck, by the way! :D

FWIW, I JUST discovered there is beer still left in the receiving area...

soooo...I'ma gonna be afk for a while this afternoon...

and...you all suck! :D

Smilin
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
The assassin will not waste his single kill on someone who's clearly not the king. Hence, we're not actually narrowing his choice at all by killing Smilin.

kk...ya'll have outted me...I am a guard...

Kill me if you wish....you gain nothing from my death....

The noise factor here will certainly diminish..but I've always tried to keep the mafia games as well as the entire forum lively.:D

Buncha mean Dick's:popcorn::giggle::wave:

cappuccino
06-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Also thinning our numbers is the only way to increase our chances of finding the assassin.

It's informed majority versus uninformed minority.

Julie
06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
OMG you folks have been busy! it's only noon FFS! I just got out of bed!

smilin :( picking on poor little me like that! How mean. I'm almost tempted to vote for you just cause you jumped on me like that...

but umm I can never follow the votes right...*if* I do vote for smilin that would be the 5th vote right?

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes.

Megatron
06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Current Vote Count:

Smilin: 4 (Crumb, cappuccino, Ensign Steve, Joshua Adams)
cappuccino: 2 (Adam, The Tick)

5 votes to lynch.

Julie
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Ugh I'm just not sure on smilin...

Vote: capp

Crumb
06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Unvote; vote Smilin

Why?

Because I'm being my normal, loveable self....

Creating too much noise and havoc for him to process?

Or..is it that he's just being a dick? :shrug:

I only voted for you because of your "claim". For all I know you could be the assassin. :dunno:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I only voted for you because of your "claim". For all I know you could be the assassin. :dunno:

Ya'll are wasting a perfectly good lynch on me.....

yah...I fucked up.....

Who hasn't fucked up in their lives? My life has been one continuous fuck up....

So...go ahead, and be a dick!:D

Smilin
06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Also thinning our numbers is the only way to increase our chances of finding the assassin.

It's informed majority versus uninformed minority.

and knowing I am town...lynching me accomplishes what?

A wasted lynch and buys the assassin time......

If you know I'm NOT the assassin, why lynch me? Why not try and root out the actual assassin?

Crumb
06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
If you know I'm NOT the assassin
We don't know this. Lynching you loses us nothing.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 09:05 PM
If you know I'm NOT the assassin
We don't know this. Lynching you loses us nothing.

FWIW..you suck, btw....:yup::D

I'm used to it....go ahead...kill me you fuckers! I'll be back to haunt each and every one of yah...

I'll start threads on how much each and every one of you that has voted for me SUCKS!

Crumb
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
It is nothing personal, Smilin. You know I love you! :manhug:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Can't believe I fucked up an am being punished for it....

:pity:

kk...who's gonna deal the death blow?

Come on.....get it over with....ya'll see I'm a lowly guard....

(taking back what I claimed earlier)

Smilin
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
It is nothing personal, Smilin. You know I love you! :manhug:

yah...yah...

yaddah..yaddah..yaddah...

my (wife) STILL tells me the same thing....

I believe your in league with her!

You suck big donkey dicks...btw!:D

Crumb
06-24-2008, 09:21 PM
:cry:

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Ugh I'm just not sure on smilin...

What's there to be unsure about? He's probably guard and that's also what he's claiming.

Julie
06-24-2008, 09:27 PM
He probably is the guard. I can not follow the logic that killing a more than likely guard will get us closer to the assassin. Ultimately all that does is leave the assassin one less guard to wade through to get to the king.

Hence why I did not vote for smilin

Adam
06-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Unless you believe Smilin to be the assassin, I still don't see what lynching him accomplishes. If we believe him to be town, we're better off taking a 1 in 6 shot in the dark at hitting the assassin.

Smilin
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Unless you believe Smilin to be the assassin, I still don't see what lynching him accomplishes. If we believe him to be town, we're better off taking a 1 in 6 shot in the dark at hitting the assassin.:yeahthat::koolaid:

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
He probably is the guard. I can not follow the logic that killing a more than likely guard will get us closer to the assassin. Ultimately all that does is leave the assassin one less guard to wade through to get to the king.

Hence why I did not vote for smilin

I understand that argument, and it seems to be the same one Adam's making. However you didn't say you weren't sure about lynching Smilin, just that you weren't sure about him. It doesn't smell right to me.

Julie
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL no thats just my bad grammar and my not bothering to type lynching.

I'm NOT 100% sure of that smilin is a guard. Hell he could be putting himself in the line of fire to do this and then have us back out and then work under the assumption that he is a guard and all the time he is the assassin... I dont know. But its not enough for me to pull the trigger on him.

Joshua Adams
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Unless you believe Smilin to be the assassin, I still don't see what lynching him accomplishes. If we believe him to be town, we're better off taking a 1 in 6 shot in the dark at hitting the assassin.The problem (and this doesn't mean it's strategically good to lynch Smilin) is that every time we throw suspicion on somebody and they get close to being lynched, the assassin can pretty much be sure that they are not the king. So looking elsewhere means he can cross out two names instead of just one.

It's hard, because the guards and king have to use obfuscation and misdirection even without being able to communicate privately and strategize. We need to be careful about running up tallies, but once they're there, they become much less useful as a decoy. Killing them is logical if there's even a fairly small chance that they are the assassin.

Ensign Steve
06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm NOT 100% sure of that smilin is a guard. Hell he could be putting himself in the line of fire to do this and then have us back out and then work under the assumption that he is a guard and all the time he is the assassin... I dont know. But its not enough for me to pull the trigger on him.
That seems like all the more reason to pull the trigger.

The problem (and this doesn't mean it's strategically good to lynch Smilin) is that every time we throw suspicion on somebody and they get close to being lynched, the assassin can pretty much be sure that they are not the king. So looking elsewhere means he can cross out two names instead of just one.

It's hard, because the guards and king have to use obfuscation and misdirection even without being able to communicate privately and strategize. We need to be careful about running up tallies, but once they're there, they become much less useful as a decoy. Killing them is logical if there's even a fairly small chance that they are the assassin.

:yeahthat:

Smilin
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
:envy:

I'll pull a quote out of the quote generator....

You're all cunts, you all can just suck my big, fat, hairy cock~!

:koolaid:

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Really? 2 pm pacific is really when the activity is shutting down? My boss just left, and I can finally actually play! As opposed to the half-assed playing I've been doing all day.

:sigh: No wonder those New Zealanders bitch so damn much.

Crumb
06-25-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm still around, but I really don't know what to do... :shrug:

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah, me too. And me either. :shrug:

The Tick
06-25-2008, 05:31 AM
I have one word to say:

"hmmm".

Julie
06-25-2008, 06:10 AM
and here I thought it would have been :SpOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooN"

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 06:30 AM
So is anyone going to hammer Smilin? We have to lynch someone sometime. Airing information is bad for the town, so discussing who to lynch and why is really not going to help anything.

The Tick
06-25-2008, 06:32 AM
So is anyone going to hammer Smilin? We have to lynch someone sometime. Airing information is bad for the town, so discussing who to lynch and why is really not going to help anything.

Why are you so badly wanting Smilin to get hammered?

Forcing a lynch might help assassin.

unvote
vote Joshua Adams

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 06:33 AM
I think I've already explained why it doesn't.

The Tick
06-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I think I've already explained why it doesn't.

Well, if you are an assassin, of course you want to see other people getting lynched.

(Or... perhaps I'm missing something. I'm so used to play Mafia games that I cannot twist my brain to think differently :P)

The Tick
06-25-2008, 06:36 AM

Btw... do we actually need to lynch someone sometime? :P
Could we just sit down, and wait for assassin to go crazy, forcing him to reveal himself with his one-shot kill. :D

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 06:43 AM
Here, I'll explain it again.

The purpose of the guard is to be a decoy. We want the assassin to use his Kill on the wrong person, right? So, if someone takes actions which pretty much proves they're a guard, and not the king, the assassin isn't going to bother with them. He'll narrow his list of possible kings whether they're alive or not.

On the other hand, the rest of us don't really know whether the person is an assassin trying some gambit, or if they're a guard. If we lynch them, we might hit the assassin. If not, it's no big loss. Discussion = bad, and they weren't an effective decoy anymore, so we didn't lose anything we need. It sounds cold and calculating, but that just seems to be the way the game is played.

Hence, what we want to do is try not to spread suspicions around too much. Sure, a FoS here and a vote there don't hurt anything. But if we're already at the point where we're seriously deciding whether to kill someone off, the damage has already been done.

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 06:45 AM

Btw... do we actually need to lynch someone sometime? :P
Could we just sit down, and wait for assassin to go crazy, forcing him to reveal himself with his one-shot kill. :DLOL. I guess so, but I'm sure he's not the only one who would go crazy.

I think these games sometimes have time limits... not this one, of course, but maybe it should...

I think this game was usually played in a chatroom and only took a short while for the whole game. Makes sense, since we don't want a lot of discussion and information flying about, which are the main time-consuming elements of a mafia game.

The Tick
06-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Okay, maybe I'm thinking too much. :)

Let's just play and see what happens

unvote
vote Smilin

That's a lynch.

Megatron
06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Day 1 Final Vote Count:

Smilin: 5 (Crumb, cappuccino, Ensign Steve, Joshua Adams, The Tick)
cappuccino: 1 (Adam)

Tired of Smilin's shenanigans, five of you finally grab him up by the arms and legs, and hold him over the Doom Pit.

An ancient pit, used for executions for over five thousand years, the Doom Pit is lined with blades (many covered with various poisons), spikes (many of which punch out of the walls, powered by clockwork mechanisms), and even more nasty contraptions.

No one gets out of there alive... but they usually take a good long time to die.

"Confess and we shall give you a quick death," a voice spoke.

Smilin, defiant, refused. "I am no filthy assassin! I speak the truth!"

"Very well," another followed. "Throw him in."

However, all the way down, all Smilin could say, even as he was ripped to pieces, burned with acid, and set on fire, was "Protect the king!"...

Smilin, Guard of the Faceless Eight, is dead.

Megatron
06-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Day 2 begins.

Players:

1. Crumb
2. Julie
3. Sun Tzu
4. The Tick
5. Adam
6. Ensign Steve
7. Smilin - Guard, Lynched day 1
8. Joshua Adams
9. cappuccino

With 8 alive, it's still 5 votes to lynch.

The Tick
06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Whoops :P

The Tick
06-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Hmm, I started to look at Crumb's comments:
Ah, that is true. I never considered that the king knows less than the guards. :chin:
Perhaps, because you are the assassin you didn't realize it right away. If you were the king or a guard, you would have immediately realized this.

Now you were just using your assassin-mind to focus on killing the king.

Hmm, you were the one who got worried that Smilin should be modkilled.

Unvote; vote Smilin

Then, after getting confused whether it was an act by Smilin or not, you wanted to make sure that you - as an assassin - would not be confused.

Smilin is now useless as a smokescreen for the king. Getting rid of him won't cost the guards anything at this point.
Well, it did. We just lost a guard.

Anything to comment Crumb?

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Actually the king doesn't know less than the guards. The guards know who the king is, the king knows who he is. Neither the guards or the king know who the others are. They're both in the same position. It's the assassin who knows less than either the guards or the king.

Adam
06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
The guards know two identities. Their own and the King's. The King only knows himself.

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
True, I should have realized that too, guess I'm next on the chopping block.

The Tick
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
True, I should have realized that too, guess I'm next on the chopping block.

Yes :yup:

you must be the second assassin :chin:

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
a little quiet here right now.

just to get the game moving.

Vote: Crumb

Crumb
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I stand by what I said. I don't believe I was wrong about smilin.

One thing you should think about is that in this game there is no chance of the assassin leading a lynch against the king. His (or her) single vote is useless and all those that need to vote with him know who the king is. The lynch is purely the act of the town.

I get a strange vibe from ES.

vote: Ensign Steve

Julie
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I still dont see how killing a person we are pretty sure is a guard is a good thing. Now its 7 against 1 (plus the king) odds just went up for the assassin. That is NEVER a good thing.

Vote:crumb for pushing so hard to kill the townie.

Crumb
06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Odds didn't go up, assassin already knew Smilin wasn't the king. If we would have killed someone else the odds would have gone up.

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Hmm, I started to look at Crumb's comments:
Perhaps, because you are the assassin you didn't realize it right away. If you were the king or a guard, you would have immediately realized this.

Now you were just using your assassin-mind to focus on killing the king.

Hmm, you were the one who got worried that Smilin should be modkilled.

Unvote; vote Smilin

Then, after getting confused whether it was an act by Smilin or not, you wanted to make sure that you - as an assassin - would not be confused.

Well, it did. We just lost a guard.

Anything to comment Crumb?

Are you being intentionally obtuse, or can you just not come up with a better argument for your vote?

vote: The Tick

The Tick
06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Odds didn't go up, assassin already knew Smilin wasn't the king. If we would have killed someone else the odds would have gone up.
How come he knew that Smilin wasn't the king? Smilin - as far as I think - could actually have such tactic :cool:

Are you being intentionally obtuse, or can you just not come up with a better argument for your vote?

vote: The Tick
I think those were sensible arguments - but for the record: I didn't vote Crumb (at least not yet)...

Btw, Crumb said:
I get a strange vibe from ES.
I kind of get the same...

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I think those were sensible arguments - but for the record: I didn't vote Crumb (at least not yet)...

Oh shit, seriously? I totally missed that. Sorry I'm still wiping the sleep out of my eyes. :gmorning:

unvote
vote: Julie

For the exact same reason (only she actually voted).

Crumb
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Why are you "protecting" me ES? Did you notice I voted for you? :chuckle:

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
OH MY GOD YOU SUCK!

I'm not protecting anybody. I'm voting for people who are obviously scummy.

Crumb
06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
And how is Julie obviously scummy?

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I still dont see how killing a person we are pretty sure is a guard is a good thing. Now its 7 against 1 (plus the king) odds just went up for the assassin. That is NEVER a good thing.

This.

Either she's really not getting it (which I doubt, cuz she's a smart chickie) or she's blowing tons of smoke.

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Something about one of Ensign Steve's posts made me strongly suspect she's the assassin.

Unvote
Vote: Ensign Steve

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Go ahead, y'all. Everything I said about suicide in the last game doesn't apply here. It's not a numbers game. Guards are expendable. Our entire purpose is to die in the place of the king.

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
:yup:

Long live the king!

Crumb
06-25-2008, 06:13 PM

This.

Either she's really not getting it (which I doubt, cuz she's a smart chickie) or she's blowing tons of smoke.
I dunno I think she has a point. I mean the assassin couldn't be sure he wasn't what he said he was. Sure everyone we eliminate makes the assassin easier to find, but it also makes the assassins job easier. So maybe we should really not be lynching anyone we don't think is the assassin. :dunno:

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
:shrug:

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Weren't you saying the opposite thing yesterday? And you seemed awfully interested in getting a mod kill... something I've seen the assassin do when he had the chance...

Crumb
06-25-2008, 06:19 PM
I wasn't interested in getting the mod kill, I ws wondering if it was going to happen before I placed my vote on Smilin.

I was saying the opposite yesterday. I am not sure which is best. I haven't played this game before! :P

Megatron
06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Current Vote Count:

Crumb: 2 (Julie, Joshua Adams)
Ensign Steve: 2 (Crumb, cappuccino)
Julie: 1 (Ensign Steve)

5 votes to lynch.

Adam
06-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I dunno I think she has a point. I mean the assassin couldn't be sure he wasn't what he said he was. Sure everyone we eliminate makes the assassin easier to find, but it also makes the assassins job easier. So maybe we should really not be lynching anyone we don't think is the assassin. :dunno:

Isn't that more or less what I said "yesterday"?

Crumb
06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Quite possibly. But someone also said it was better for us to lynch fast.

So vote for Ensign Steve!

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Whatever, Crumb!

I stand by what I said. I don't believe I was wrong about smilin.

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Less talking, more killing. We all know who the king is. It's not like we're going to get him by accident. Guards are expendable. Kill kill kill until you get the assassin by accident, or by design, it doesn't matter. Just kill fast, put the pressure on the assassin, so he blows his kill on the wrong person, or gets lynched before he gets a chance to use it. Talk only helps him figure shit out. Shit that we already know.

This is supposed to be a fast game. :stab:

cappuccino
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome to FF, the place where games turn into molasses.

Ok everybody, get on the wagon for Ensign Steve, I believe she's the assassin. If I'm wrong, you can go ahead lynch me next day.

Crumb
06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Can't a Crumb change his mind?

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
:nope:

Crumb
06-25-2008, 07:19 PM
:(

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
You'll have plenty of time to consider and reconsider your philosophical stances ... at the bottom of the pit of doom!

where the eff is Sun Tzu?

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 07:23 PM
In the interest of following my own advice (:stab:)...

unvote

I figure it's me or him for today's lynch, and I'm not going to actually suicide (because at least I know I'm not the assassin), although I wouldn't fault anybody who voted to lynch me. I do think Crumb's been acting weird and fishy this game, but then it is a different game, and new to all of us. I also suspect Julie. I believe capp is innocent, just mistaken.

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Oh, also, this is it from me for this game until nightfall (or forever if I'm today's lynch). Talk = bad. Lynch = good. Also I have work to do.

:bai:

Adam
06-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Something about one of Ensign Steve's posts made me strongly suspect she's the assassin.

Something like?

:giggle:

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Adam, quit fishing for information. You should blatantly lie about your reasons for voting for someone if it helps protect the king.

Fos: Adam

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Agreed.

Oh wait, I'm not here.

But seriously. FOS.

Adam
06-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I didn't have time at work yesterday to go through the links to other games with this setup, so I may be missing something obvious, or stuck in regular mafia mode. Why would we not want to ask people to explain their reasoning when they vote for someone?

Joshua Adams
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Because their reasons could tip off the assassin in some way as to the identity of the king. Not necessarily all the time, but sometimes.

I don't know what was on capp's mind, but he should just ignore your question, I think.

I'm not saying we should not have any reason for voting for someone. But we need to be selective about revealing our thought processes, since we all know who the king is, we can't let anything slip through.

Julie
06-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow ES you're all up in my face today...and all cause I stood by what I said. How scummy of me.

I'm still keeping my vote for crumb. But if we lynch crumb and he is innocent YOU ES have now landed on my radar...

Ensign Steve
06-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow ES you're all up in my face today...
Yesterday, too.

But if we lynch crumb and he is innocent YOU ES have now landed on my radar...
:facepalm:

Julie
06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
You know you have been up in my face for two days now...You're meeeeean.

I dont like mean people :pout:

That you are just all over the place.....

unvote
vote Ensign Steve

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 02:27 AM
vote Ensign Steve

Although discussion favors the assassin, I just want to point out one thing. The assassin did not know Smilin was not the king because of his claim (and we didn't know Smilin was not the assassin). The assassin knew Smilin was not the king because he was L-1 (4 votes).

Megatron
06-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Current Vote Count:

Ensign Steve: 4 (Crumb, cappuccino, Julie, Sun Tzu)
Crumb: 2 (Joshua Adams, Ensign Steve)

5 votes to lynch.

The Tick
06-26-2008, 05:53 AM
:yup:

Long live the king!
Okay, that's a definite assassin-tell.

Less talking, more killing. We all know who the king is. It's not like we're going to get him by accident. Guards are expendable. Kill kill kill until you get the assassin by accident, or by design, it doesn't matter. Just kill fast, put the pressure on the assassin, so he blows his kill on the wrong person, or gets lynched before he gets a chance to use it. Talk only helps him figure shit out. Shit that we already know.

This is supposed to be a fast game. :stab:
So, we shall kill you?

Ok everybody, get on the wagon for Ensign Steve, I believe she's the assassin. If I'm wrong, you can go ahead lynch me next day.
Lynch you next? Sounds good.

vote Ensign Steve

Although discussion favors the assassin, I just want to point out one thing. The assassin did not know Smilin was not the king because of his claim (and we didn't know Smilin was not the assassin). The assassin knew Smilin was not the king because he was L-1 (4 votes).

Sun Tzu: you seem to have eye for what assassin knows. I didn't spot that L -1 that could explain it. Perhaps your assassin-mind is trying to fool us?

I wasn't interested in getting the mod kill, I ws wondering if it was going to happen before I placed my vote on Smilin.

I was saying the opposite yesterday. I am not sure which is best. I haven't played this game before! :P
Yeh, but we'll figure that out as soon as we lynch you, you cylon.

Quite possibly. But someone also said it was better for us to lynch fast.

So vote for Ensign Steve!
"someone said"... someone also said voting you would be good. Perhaps you'd like to follow that advice?

vote Crumb

The Tick
06-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Current Vote Count:

Ensign Steve: 4 (Crumb, cappuccino, Julie, Sun Tzu)
Crumb: 3 (Joshua Adams, Ensign Steve, The Tick)

Not voting: Adam

5 votes to lynch.

The Tick
06-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Adam - what are you lurking there?

Vote somebody.

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 06:42 AM
unvote; vote cappuccino

The Tick
06-26-2008, 10:29 AM
unvote; vote cappuccino
If you are a king or a guard, wouldn't this action of yours mean assassin-type action? According to your own words:
The assassin did not know Smilin was not the king because of his claim (and we didn't know Smilin was not the assassin). The assassin knew Smilin was not the king because he was L-1 (4 votes).
You now unvoted Ensign Steve when he was L -1.

Adam
06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Adam - what are you lurking there?

Vote somebody.

Very limited internet access in the evenings.

By Sun Tzu's logic, we've already given the game away on ES, so vote Ensign Steve.

Megatron
06-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Current Vote Count:

Ensign Steve: 4 (Crumb, cappuccino, Julie, Adam)
cappuccino: 1 (Sun Tzu)

5 votes to lynch.

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 02:25 PM

The Tick
06-26-2008, 02:44 PM
And that's a lynch.

Ensign Steve, better start thinking on who to use your kill-power now.

Julie
06-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Come on ES it's 8:20 our time...haven't you checked in (and OUT) yet today? Or are you sitting there wondering which one of us to take out with you hummmm?

Megatron
06-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Day 2 Final Vote Count:

Ensign Steve: 5 (Crumb, cappuccino, Julie, Adam, Sun Tzu)

Next into the Doom Pit goes Ensign Steve, with an almost eerie sense of calm about her. "If you're going to kill me, get it over with!" she growls as she's dragged to the edge and thrown in.

Everyone seemed to expect her to pull some sort of trick, but she just falls, and dies.

Ensign Steve, Guard of the Faceless Eight, is dead.

Megatron
06-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Day 3 begins.

Players:

1. Crumb
2. Julie
3. Sun Tzu
4. The Tick
5. Adam
6. Ensign Steve - Guard, Lynched day 2
7. Smilin - Guard, Lynched day 1
8. Joshua Adams
9. cappuccino

With 7 alive, it's now 4 votes to lynch.

cappuccino
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Shoot, there goes my theory.

Vote: Adam for fishing for information a bit too hard.

Julie
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
* Julie puts everyones name in a hat and pulls out

vote:Joshua Adams

Adam
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM

He was #2 on the list yesterday, and he shifted his arguments around.

Crumb
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
vote: sun tzu

Julie
06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Well I can see this is going no where and fast!

My pick was random...
adam has a reason
capp has a reason...

Crumb: why pick sun tzu?

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
vote: Adam

Crumb
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
He's laying low.

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
vote Crumb

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
actually, unvote; vote Adam

Crumb
06-26-2008, 06:55 PM
unvote; vote: Adam

Adam
06-26-2008, 06:55 PM
That's three on me. If one more person votes me, we may as well go ahead and lynch me, because that's hanging a big red "NOT THE KING" sign on me for the assassin's benefit.

Crumb
06-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Done. :)

cappuccino
06-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Well that's a lynch, got anything to say?

Julie
06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
wow that was fast...

Adam
06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Adam -> :ninja: :unknife: <- Sun Tzu

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
damn, really????

I had such faith in you adam.

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
:lol: Fail.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Shit, the tick practically role claimed, adam, how could you have missed it???

good job town.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
to be fair, sun was my first pick but that was a couple of days ago.

Smilin
06-26-2008, 07:27 PM
game over?

Izzz it safes to post and make noise here again? :D

Adam
06-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Yah, I sucked at this game, quite possibly because I didn't have time to check out strategies for it beforehand, and I was playing with my regular townie face on.

I picked Sun, btw, because he only got one vote, and that was Crumb calling him out for lying low, and no one jumped on that, so it looked a lot like a WIFOM-y move on Crumb's part just to make sure the king got a vote at some point.

My gut actually said capp, but he was at 4 votes at one point, and I didn't think you guys would have done that.

Adam
06-26-2008, 07:29 PM
The Tick was actually dead last on my suspect list, much like the Waterfront game. I apparently can't read Tick to save my life. :dopey:

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
But the tick only had one vote as well, and es got voted off after she gave it to him.

plus he is the only one who keeps saying shit, if you are the king or a guard.

Megatron
06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Adam is dragged to the pit, but just as he goes over, he casts a baleful stare at Sun Tzu, and somehow wriggles free an arm to shove a concealed dagger into the Guard's chest.

As Adam falls to his death, he thinks, "Well, shit..."

Adam, Assassin, is dead. He has killed Sun Tzu, guard of the Faceless Eight.

...and the guards rejoice.

King Cievnik, otherwise known as The Tick, has survived.

Town wins.

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I really, really wanted Smilin dead, not just because of what I was saying, but because

And based upon your voting history...I believe you to be the assassin....

Unvote; Vote CrumbI practically shit myself, since Crumb had voted for The Tick and Ensign Steve...

I wanted to keep ES alive so that, if anyone picked up on that, they'd at least possibly try to kill her instead.

And then when capp voted ES because of one of her posts, it couldn't have been over anything besides her fosing of The Tick. So I was like :facepalm:.

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I picked Sun, btw, because he only got one vote, and that was Crumb calling him out for lying low, and no one jumped on that, so it looked a lot like a WIFOM-y move on Crumb's part just to make sure the king got a vote at some point.

Phew! That's what I was hoping you'd think. I thought the town made it bleedin' obvious after lynching me for voting for The Tick, but at the same time it also made it obvious who knew (JA, capp) that he was king, and who didn't (Adam).

Crumb
06-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Good game, but fast! :clap:

Smilin
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I practically shit myself, since Crumb had voted for The Tick and Ensign Steve...

I was sure that Crumb was the assassin due to him voting for the Tick early in the game...

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT STRATEGY?

I wanted to keep ES alive so that, if anyone picked up on that, they'd at least possibly try to kill her instead.

And then when capp voted ES because of one of her posts, it couldn't have been over anything besides her fosing of The Tick. So I was like :facepalm:.

She is one of my favorite players as well.... :shy:

Megatron
06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I really thought Adam would take this...

Crumb
06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I didn't vote for you for voting The Tick, ES. :nope:

JamesBannon
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM
BOO! I wanted to see the king get killed! (That's my anti-royalty bias :giggle: )

Joshua Adams
Smilin,

You're supposed to make the king blend in, man! Obviously OMGUS voting him is not going to get him killed. People were really jumpy about anyone voting for The Tick... it's a dead giveaway that he's the king.

Ensign Steve
I practically shit myself, since Crumb had voted for The Tick and Ensign Steve...

I was sure that Crumb was the assassin due to him voting for the Tick early in the game...

WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT STRATEGY?

Are you fucking serious? If nobody ever voted for the king, then all the assassin has to do is see who doesn't have any votes on them. The king should never be in any real danger of being lynched, because everybody but one knows he's the king.

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I didn't vote for you for voting The Tick, ES. :nope:

Yeah, I know.

Adam
06-26-2008, 07:39 PM

The funny part is, I was playing like I was regular mafia scum. I really wasn't fishing for info, I was just trying to FOS capp. Yes, this was after I myself "helpfully" pointed out how little the assassin knew compared to the guards.

cappuccino
06-26-2008, 07:48 PM
:( Was I that obvious? I shouldn't have said anything except just vote. When Ensign voted for The Tick, I figured either she deliberately was doing it in order to make The Tick less suspicious to the assassin or she didn't know who he was. I chose to not take the risk.

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
:( Was I that obvious?

Must not have been, since we won. :cheer:

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
It was obvious to me, since I kinda knew the Tick was the king. It was the only thing ES had done that seemed even plausibly scummy, given that knowledge (Although I didn't conclude it was scummy, since it could just be a bluff, and was). Luckily it wasn't obvious to Adam.

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
btw,

Shit, the tick practically role claimed, adam, how could you have missed it???What are you referring to? Did you know the roles the whole time, or did you see something and figure it out?

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
ask megatron.

the tick was my second guess, adam was my first guess for assassin.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I actually sent a pm to megatron with the subject of "I kill the tick"

the body was

"do I win the game?"

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM
I figured that adam was the assassin and sent him a pm today about it, though megatron already told me.

but yeah I knew.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Adam was an obvious choice because he was acting completely clueless, and was fishing for other people's reasons.

The tick was also obvious because he was the only person that kept referring to the king.

Further, es caught uber suspicion for voting for him from capp, and then you ja swooped in to tell capp to shut the fuck up.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Also, as megatron and I talked we thought that sun tzu might win the game for yall because he went so long without a vote or a post of any substance.

Crumb
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
ETA: n/m

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Why are you confused, crumbles?

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Because your shit reads like word salad like always. Fucking punctuate, dude.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
No doubt, I am working on making my posts more comprehensible.

Thank you for your kind words of correction, biyatch.

:tmgrin:

Crumb
06-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I cross posted with like 99 of your posts, bey.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Ninety percent of the game is half mental.

---John Madden

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
btw,

Shit, the tick practically role claimed, adam, how could you have missed it???What are you referring to? Did you know the roles the whole time, or did you see something and figure it out?

I figured it out.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Yall not voting for the silent Sun Tzu was like complete and utter accidental genius.

I was so impressed. Then, crumb goes and votes for him and even give a reason. I was horrified by everyone giving reasons.

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
and then you ja swooped in to tell capp to shut the fuck up.ya, I had to walk on egg shells there and be as generic as possible, but I was afraid even that would be a fuck up...

The original version of that post was much worse, I was like "Suppose someone were gunning hard for the king (which hasn't happened obviously, since no one gunned hard for anyone yet). If you vote for them just for that it's too obvious, so you should give bullshit or at least different reasons for the vote".

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow, that would have been branding the mark of cain on the kings ass, no doubt about it.

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
JA, I think you played it perfectly. Obvious enough to get the message across to capp, subtle enough that Adam pick up on it.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I think sometimes it is easier to understand what is going on when you aren't actually interacting with the people.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:24 PM
JA, I think you played it perfectly. Obvious enough to get the message across to capp, subtle enough that Adam pick up on it.

quotin to preserve the word salad.

If only the last subjunctive clause had a didn't in it.

:tmtongue:

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 10:25 PM
word salad.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Bunch of words that don't make sense, amiright?

Also, you get minus ten points for quoting the princess bride at me and ruining the natural ipu-given order of things in the universe.

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Word salad is basically an Iacchus post.

beyelzu
06-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I know but es said that my lack of punctuation made my posts word salad. I was just pointing out that her lack of proofreading and poor grammar made it impossible for me to understand her post.

:tmtongue:

mickthinks
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
The tick was also obvious because he was the only person that kept referring to the king.
Yeah, that made it obviously The Tick!

Or Crumb ...

Or Joshua ...

Let's hear it for another Hindsight Hero! :lmao:

Joshua Adams
06-26-2008, 11:42 PM
bey said he PMed Megatron the answer, though...

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, hindsight. Except that he already called it yesterday.

Sun Tzu
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I was trying to act kingy (scummy?). I had an idea to set up a fake king by getting someone to L-2 and then lynching someone else, but there was no way to coordinate it.

Crumb
06-26-2008, 11:57 PM
You did a good job, Sun. :yup:

mickthinks
06-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Joshua: bey said he PMed Megatron the answer, though...
Ensign Steve: Yeah, hindsight. Except that he already called it yesterday.

Yes, and that is quite impressive. But there's a difference between a lucky guess and a sound conclusion. With hindsight we know that bey's hunch was successful. Examine his explanation and his success starts to look flukey.

Mick

Ensign Steve
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
You did awesome, Sun. :cheer:

cappuccino
06-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Oh god, mick, just leave it alone, nobody's got an ulterior motive or anything so just relax.

Sun Tzu
06-27-2008, 12:00 AM
You did a good job, Sun. :yup:

I'm glad I did something right. I've been killed in the first two days in my last 5 mafia games.

Joshua Adams
06-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I was trying to act kingy (scummy?). I had an idea to set up a fake king by getting someone to L-2 and then lynching someone else, but there was no way to coordinate it.I was hoping that sort of thing would happen with Ensign Steve, if Crumb had ultimately been the lynch.

Ah, well, as long as we won.

Sun Tzu
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Joshua: bey said he PMed Megatron the answer, though...
Ensign Steve: Yeah, hindsight. Except that he already called it yesterday.

Yes, and that is quite impressive. But there's a difference between a lucky guess and a sound conclusion. With hindsight we know that bey's hunch was successful. Examine his explanation and his success starts to look flukey.

Mick

I guess it's hard to say since I knew, but it seemed like The Tick was the guy in charge. Also, he got very few votes the whole game. I think beyelzu had a good read and not just a lucky guess.

mickthinks
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Oh god, mick, just leave it alone, nobody's got an ulterior motive or anything so just relax.
Sorry, capp, I don't understand this post. Do you think that it is important that something isn't talked about here?

mickthinks
06-27-2008, 12:36 AM
I guess it's hard to say since I knew, Yep - always difficult to put yourself convincingly in the shoes of someone who knows less that you do.

... it seemed like The Tick was the guy in charge. This is true too, but why should Tick's natural playing style be a king tell? I wouldn't normally expect the one player on the team who knows least to be directing operations.

Also, he got very few votes the whole game. Also true, but not fewer than Julie, or Joshua, I think.

I think beyelzu had a good read and not just a lucky guess. Maybe, maybe not.

:parrot:

beyelzu
06-27-2008, 02:47 AM
I guess it's hard to say since I knew, Yep - always difficult to put yourself convincingly in the shoes of someone who knows less that you do.

That would explain why I always have such a hard time empathizing with your posts.

beyelzu
06-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah, hindsight. Except that he already called it yesterday.

It's like special into the future hindsight, the absolute, bestest kind of hindsight.

Sun Tzu, well played man. Megatron and I agreed that you could win the game for the town, if you managed to not garner more votes. It really was crazy how more guards didn't vote for you considering your relative silence.

Crumb
06-27-2008, 03:04 AM
I forgot he was playing.

The Tick
06-27-2008, 05:25 AM
BOO! I wanted to see the king get killed! (That's my anti-royalty bias :giggle: )
Lol. You should have claimed Queen then :P

Adam was an obvious choice because he was acting completely clueless, and was fishing for other people's reasons.

Further, es caught uber suspicion for voting for him from capp, and then you ja swooped in to tell capp to shut the fuck up.
Adam was the obvious choice?

I had no clue who Assassin was... but was suspecting Sun when he mentioned L -1 thingy. Well, looks like I was wrong :D

... it seemed like The Tick was the guy in charge. This is true too, but why should Tick's natural playing style be a king tell? I wouldn't normally expect the one player on the team who knows least to be directing operations.

Also, he got very few votes the whole game. Also true, but not fewer than Julie, or Joshua, I think.

I think beyelzu had a good read and not just a lucky guess. Maybe, maybe not.

:parrot:
I didn't know that "I was in charge". I was clueless all the time on what to do :giggle:

Anyway... thanks everybody. I still think it was random shooting in the air, and perhaps simply too difficult for the assassin. Maybe if there were 2 assassins (who would know each other?), and the last assassin in game gets one kill attempt after he dies? I dunno... it still feels like game is based pretty much on luck.

P.S. Beyelzu - I'll vote lynch Bey the moment I see you in any future games :wave:

Joshua Adams
06-27-2008, 05:37 AM
There's a variant where you have two kings and two assassins. Also, the number of guards increases. The kings do not know each other, but the assassins do, and may or may not be able to communicate privately.

The Tick
06-27-2008, 05:48 AM
I bet that will get pretty darn confusing :)

Megatron
06-27-2008, 06:38 AM
There's a variant where you have two kings and two assassins. Also, the number of guards increases. The kings do not know each other, but the assassins do, and may or may not be able to communicate privately.

Oh wow, I haven't seen that before.

That would be fun shit too.

Joshua Adams
06-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Look for the game(s) entitled Assassins in the Palace on mafiascum.

mickthinks
06-27-2008, 09:19 AM
That would explain why I always have such a hard time empathizing with your posts. Ha ha! Empathising, bey? For someone who aspires to be a dick? What's to explain?