PDA

View Full Version : Hoshi Saga

Ensign Steve
09-27-2008, 07:51 PM
This is what I'm doing today instead of work:

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2007/05/hoshi_saga.php

pescifish
09-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Took me considerably longer than the person who posted they finished all levels in 13 minutes.

But I enjoyed the variety in each level and it must be a good game since I suck at this stuff and was able to make enough progress to stick with it, but it also seemed to keep real game people engaged. Made me think of how each level was programmed, too.

Ensign Steve
09-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow, you did better than me. I couldn't solve 2 of them (out of the 3 games) which left a couple of the levels locked.

pescifish
09-28-2008, 08:40 AM
I've only completed the first game at this time. I'm stalled out on with #70 (the one before credits) still uncleared on the second game.

Considering I know this is bad-bad-bad-thing for my eyes at a time when I just resolved to do what it takes to help them out, I hope I don't try Saga 3 for another week or so.

It's very unusual for me to play computer games because I usually don't have patience with my vast suck-itude. This one seems to give me just enough hope to keep trying.

Ensign Steve
09-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I can totally relate.

fragment
09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, so much for studying this evening...

Ensign Steve
09-28-2008, 09:07 AM
:giggles:

pescifish
09-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm gonna get that mofo #70 if it kills me.

Then I'll stop.
I will not start Saga #3.
I will not start Saga #3...

I am not embarrassed to say that I cheated any and every way I needed. I used the hints on the first game quite a bit, but only consulted them 2-3 times in the second game. Not that they help, since you still have actually do it.

Also, there's one where I took a screen capture of a fleeting something that you have to observe for details. I did the screen capture because my eyes aren't fast enough to catch all the details in a glance, which I sorta thought was disability-legal. It turned out the memorizing part is the hard part for everyone else, so my screen capture was a total cheat on that one.

And I used my wacom pen during the levels where it was a better control device and my mouse on others.

Total fraud and still proud!
:fishie:

pescifish
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
:hands2:
Yay me.
:lonebday:

I will not start Saga #3...
Step away from the computer!
:copno:

Nightson
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Three is actually probably the easiest and fastest (although still fun).

pescifish
09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
:ohnoes:
Don't tell me that!

Ensign Steve
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Also, there's one where I took a screen capture of a fleeting something that you have to observe for details. I did the screen capture because my eyes aren't fast enough to catch all the details in a glance, which I sorta thought was disability-legal. It turned out the memorizing part is the hard part for everyone else, so my screen capture was a total cheat on that one.

Yeah, I just drew a quick sketch of it on a post-it. Made the level super easy. It's not cheating. It's using all available resources.

S.Vashti
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I have to show my mom these games, I think she will like them. I didn't get a couple, but it appears that there might be something odd about that level, I didn't get a hand as a cursor when the cheat said there would be one. So I had to skip them.