PDA

View Full Version : Wot? No 'newbies say hello here' thread?

ceptimus
08-31-2004, 09:16 PM
I originally said hello with abused smilie tags, but then I see this has been done already, so I'm nipping back to edit this before anyone notices. :P

livius drusus
08-31-2004, 09:24 PM
ceptimus, my dulcet but always manly swan, what a joy to see you here abusing things. I almost hate to point you to the Say Hi, Gracie (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370) sticky which is the very first thread in this forum for fear that you'll run away, tears streaming down your face, never to return.

Still, I can do no other. Welcome to FF! :welcome2:

/me heaves a sigh of relief that cep used the same sign while nesting thereby missing the whole bug thing (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361)

/me edits in another emote to note that cep was just too slow for her

livius drusus
08-31-2004, 09:29 PM
I just edited the title of the sticky in case it was a wee bit abstruse, particularly for non-US members. You truly never stop giving, cep.

viscousmemories
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Hiya ceptimus. :welcome:

Glad you found your way over here. :)

ceptimus
08-31-2004, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Sorry I didn't notice the 'Gracie' thread - as you correctly guessed, it meant nothing to me (and I suspect to most other Brits). The new subtitle will help any of my countrymen who stumble across this place in future.

Nice looking board you have here. :)

viscousmemories
08-31-2004, 11:13 PM

Thanks, and dive right in. :)

livius drusus
08-31-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Sorry I didn't notice the 'Gracie' thread - as you correctly guessed, it meant nothing to me (and I suspect to most other Brits).

It's all vm's fault. I wanted to call it The Welcome Thread for Non Attention Whores, but he seemed to think we should disguise our assholery until people have had a chance to settle in.

The new subtitle will help any of my countrymen who stumble across this place in future.

Thank you for beta testing it for us so promptly.

Pshaw... This old thing? It's just something I had lying around.