PDA

View Full Version : hi

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:09 PM
just posted trying to spam the address to my fledgling free speech forum. that thread was pulled. this site has not a fucking clue aobut free speech. i actually got excited when i found it. i thought- awesome- we arent alone. well we are cuz you havent a clue about free speech. free is free, nazis. you could spam your ass off at our site. in fact, we even have a section for it.

this is not freedom. freedom is allowing everything to stand. tihs is just bullshit.

nazis! sieg heil!!

michael :)

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
How about just a normal post before spamming your own website. Arse!

:spam: :spamhammer:

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Whatever. I think that post says everything that is needed to be said about your forum .. I might have joined eventually if you hadn't made it. You don't think it would have been more polite to make a few other posts here first though?

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
x-post with Moosie. Great minds and all that.

curses
just posted trying to spam the address
Check item #4 in the FAQ (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_freethoughtforum#faq_faq_freethoughtforum_rules)
kthnksbye.

michael1111
oh and im sure not everybody here is a nazi...just your admin. heres the terrible crap i posted, minus the info:

hello there..i know this is spam, but it relates to the cause this site fights for. i really believe that free speech and thought are the way out of this 'mess' and is the chance people are waiting for to 'step up'. the internet is the last truly free place going that doesnt require a lot of money. it is a place where you have the freedom to be whatever you want. sometimes thats a rocky road, but the end result is always worth it.

we have created a free forum that aspires to be like this one. i am looking for a few people to help us out. im not asking anybody to leave nor is this a grab for members. i plan to remain a member here, so my intentions are honorable. if you happen to be a person like me, who loves to talk and debate, please pop by in your spare time and help us out. maybe there are topics that have been beaten to death here that would get a new life somewhere else? please give us a shot.

i run another successful forum, but i will not mention it cuz that really would be spamming. its also a free forum, but it has another reason for it coming into being. this website is the seinfeld of speech- its about nothing....and i think that means everything. i thank you for your time and i appreciate any interest shown. you can find us at ----

i encourage anybody reading this to start their own free speech forum. we need to get people talking. we need people to see that beneath the bullshit of what we've been given to believe, there are a lot of common wants and needs we are not taking care of. free speech can help with that. thanx.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:12 PM
ok ok...bad introduction

chalk it up to excitement and a desire to get going.

still- ban it? i had all intention of sticking around. but yes- a bad entrance...

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:13 PM
You really are an arse michael111111111111 if you think you can get away with it again.

viscousmemories
Your first post was spam, a violation of our forum rules (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/ffintro.php?do=ffrules), and it was deleted. I even sent you a nice PM to explain why it was deleted, and I recommended that you go to The Admin Zone (http://www.theadminzone.com) if you were honestly looking for ways to advertise your forum.

However, given your response to me in PM and here, and considering the fact that your "forum" consists of a gibberish "About Us" page, very few threads and a lot of advertisements, I am convinced that your interest in "free speech" is purely commercial. You can feel free to prove me wrong by actually participating in the discussions here, but I won't hold my breath.

MooseIBe
Well it really was and your second post didn't help. Noone here has anything against others advertising their own sites.. I do it myself. But you know you didn't even introduce yourself.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
rules! ooooohhhhh rules. i see. rules in free speech or thinking? how can that be? isnt that an oxymoron?

am i not participating right now? what did i do that was so wrong. tell me without your sheep ways of pointing at rules...bahhhh bahhhh bahhh...what did i do so wrong, besides make a shit and over-exuberant entrance?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
oh fuck off.

michael1111
im agreeing with you moose. i said- bad introduction. im sorry. i apologize for that, but i think you should be more concerned with the love of rules at a place that advertises itself as being free...

Leesifer
Tell you what, mick, you're doing a great job of getting others to join your forum.

viscousmemories
[...] what did i do that was so wrong.
You posted spam, genius. Do I need to explain with fingerpuppets?

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:17 PM
i didnt get away with it again! i didnt...where is the spam? you dont even know who i am? so how did i try it again? im trying to show how adherence to rules so often shits on a good intention. instead of excusing my excitement and bad introduction, you ban an avenue to free speech. see?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:19 PM
you just REPOSTED what was removed.. how the hell do you justify that? You know, I would have been perfectly friendly to you if it weren't for your second post, even though your first was removed.. that would not have prejudiced me against you. But your second post was rude, boy.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:19 PM
so i post a website in a thread that gives props to this one. i post another avenue of free speech. im not selling anything. there is no belief system attached to it. but i know you power hungry mods, cuz im an admin at a successful group. i have banned nothing or anyone and its hard. its easier to power-trip like you do and handle your problems by not looking at them, but you just make a bigger mess. you end up like a nazi, actually banning somebody for promoting free speech, just so you can apply your precious rules. see?

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:20 PM
i reposted minus the link. otherwise...what harm? what harm is my post doing. you say its against the rules, but what harm is that post doing. please explain...

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Who's banned you? You still seem to be making a noise to me. Unfortunately.

Leesifer
Have you, perhaps, noticed that you haven't actually been banned!

viscousmemories
i didnt get away with it again! i didnt...where is the spam? you dont even know who i am? so how did i try it again? im trying to show how adherence to rules so often shits on a good intention. instead of excusing my excitement and bad introduction, you ban an avenue to free speech. see?

If you want to debate that point, feel free to start a thread on the subject and discuss it. If you choose to make your case by posting more spam, it will be deleted. We do not host this site to provide free advertising space for other people's commercial projects.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Moose, will you stop that! :D

MooseIBe
You're not getting it. Your link was removed, which is the admins' preogative. Rather than accept that and show willing to be a member anyway, you posted insulting the site, its participants and the admins. And now you're crying 'poor me'?!

michael1111
my words were banned...what do you think your words are on the internet? let me put it like this:

You are posting on an internet forum. Some are giving shouts out on a blog. That may seem simple and you may take that for granted, but this is an incredible and revolutionary thing. This is access to large groups of people all at once, from all places and walks of life, gathering as unique individuals, free of the confines of the outside world. This is a coming together of what sets us apart, a celebration of difference on a global scale.

Well…that’s if you allow it to be.

There are people who do not adapt well to the internet. They do not see it for what it is or what it can be. Though it may seem like a refuge from the ‘real’ world, it just ends up being an extension of it instead. They apply the rules and laws of others on to their own individuality and they stifle it. They squash those they see breaking the rules and speaking their minds not because it’s a crime (who’s going to stop them?), but because they can’t bring themselves to do the same. They know it is inside them and they long to be free, but they have lived within the box for so long, their being has been shaped by it.

My wife is like this, but she is young enough to see it and I think she’s starting to get it. I used to be like that, but I am just now learning how not to be. I think the difference between us, is that she likes the television, while I just work in it (actually…she does too!). It is HARD work and a personal journey, but one that teaches you that it is ok to be alone because that’s how you are at the core. You are all by yourself, interpreting what you see in front of you. Some know how to push away the microscope ‘they’ put in front of us, being able to see the bigger picture. Some take drugs, some look deep inside and some both. They all journey to the singularity that sits within you; that makes decisions that affect the all, knowing that is already.

This is art screaming back at you. This is a muffled cough on marble floors. This is worth a hundred zillion dollars. This is worthless. It is whatever you make it and that makes it art. You should express yourself to the max. You should shout your truth like you know it doesn’t matter. You should learn to contribute to the whole. You can do that through this pixilated poetry and digital diorama of one’s own truth. You see how what you believe doesn’t matter, but how you live your life does. We are ALL RIGHT in what we are saying because it’s all speculation. We are all TOGETHER in what we are doing because we are part of a larger whole. If you learn to accept that whole for what it is and as a thing you cannot change, but by changing yourself, then you will see the true promise in humanity. It is out there…beneath all the great thoughts and dirty words, we are together.

What are we doing with this living art? Is it some sort of requiem we choose to play out because of a universal funk that can’t be shaken, or is this modern dance where every move you make means something? I guess both are right in a universe full of everything.

Crumb
It is a forum for freethought not free advertising.

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
rules! ooooohhhhh rules. i see. rules in free speech or thinking? how can that be? isnt that an oxymoron?

am i not participating right now? what did i do that was so wrong. tell me without your sheep ways of pointing at rules...bahhhh bahhhh bahhh...what did i do so wrong, besides make a shit and over-exuberant entrance?
It's stuff like this that makes me wish this site had an 18+ rule. Hell, maybe a 13+ rule would help.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM

Don't mess with me girl. I've got a whole PACKET of peanuts here... :glare:

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Um, I don't know who you plagarised that long spiel from, but you didn't write it.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:26 PM
im not crying poor me- im crying POOR WORLD! that this is what passes for freedom? why not give me a warning? why do you need these rules? we dont use them. not once have i ever had to tell somebody to read the tos. i have simply been going to free speech forums looking for some people to help me out. im hoping to further the cause. if its as successful as my other site, youd thank me for it. instead, you just had to fill that need inside...

my back gets up when i am banned or moderated for no reason. there isnt a reason here. and you can say the rules apply to everybody equally, but thats impossible. thats just religion and its got nothing to do with freedom. why not try to handle your problems face to face instead of hiding behind rules?

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 07:26 PM
If you would get off your soapbox for five seconds, Michael1111, you would perhaps realize that we have far less moderation here than almost any other forum on the Internet. Generally speaking, your words will not be deleted here unless you post spam, viruses or illegal content. That you couldn't manage to confine yourself to making a post within those very liberal constraints is not a fault of ours, it's a fault of yours. If you want to host a forum full of nothing but advertisements for other people's commercial projects under the pretense of providing True Free Speech, feel free. We have chosen not to waste our money in that way.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:27 PM

I tell you, if you keep threatening my god, he's gonna come down on you like a ton of bricks. Antlers or no antlers.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:27 PM
i wrote that you twat. you fucking ass. i have a book out. shall i post another? want proof?

michael neil stanton, author of steak and stick figures.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
nothing should be deleted at a forum that calls itself free. i guess we will just have to agree to disagree, knowing im more 'right' ;)

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 07:29 PM
i wrote that you twat. you fucking ass. i have a book out. shall i post another? want proof?
No doubt your forum is the pride of the Internet.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:30 PM
lol...my forum (the other one) is full of characters. lots of swearing. and....ready for it....no banning!! :)

MooseIBe
If you wrote that you wrote it on something with a good spell and grammar checker. Now go fuck yourself, you've wasted enough of my time tonight.

Got any members yet?

viscousmemories
nothing should be deleted at a forum that calls itself free.
So you mean like if 'free' is in the name, or are you using some more precise standard?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM

I tell you, if you keep threatening my god, he's gonna come down on you like a ton of bricks. Antlers or no antlers.

Ooooh lovely salty peanuts ... open the packet .. dip a finger in ..

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
yes...i do use grammar and spell-check. and i actually take my time when i write something like that. shall i post more? want some nice fiction? hung up on rules yourself, moose ;)

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
this site is called 'freedomthought'

(except for certain thoughts)

lol.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
lol...my forum (the other one) is full of characters. lots of swearing. and....ready for it....no banning!! :)

Oh, I get it now. We're not swearing enough here. Obviously freethought means you can swear a lot.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM

lol.

Nope. Check again, mickey.

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM

lol.
Actually it's called The Freethought Forum, Captain Awareness.

lol.

michael1111
oh and im 35 years old. why would you want an 18+ rule? do any of you know anything about real free speech and thought? we have some great teens that post and some seem much smarter than us older folks...

curses
shall i post more?
Ooh, would you? But make it louder, I can't hear you very well with your head shoved so far up your own ass.

Leesifer

Ooooh lovely salty peanuts ... open the packet .. dip a finger in ..

Now you're asking for it, lady. I won't be able to stop him, you know.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
yes...i do use grammar and spell-check. and i actually take my time when i write something like that. shall i post more? want some nice fiction? hung up on rules yourself, moose ;)

Honeybuns, this ain't my forum and personally, I have nothing against rules. I DO have something against people who come in here and insult everyone for no reason. Had you been gracious when your post was removed, had you tried to participate normally, I'd have had every sympathy.

viscousmemories
we have some great teens that post and some seem much smarter than us older folks...
I'm not surprised.

MooseIBe
Now you're asking for it, lady. I won't be able to stop him, you know.

ooooooooh! I'm scared, I'm scared! Time to ...

break out the cashews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:36 PM
well you cant be aware of what you hide from and thats what the tos is for. ive never even read the tos that came with our phpbb forum. we never made our own. who cares? what are you so afraid of? are you trying to dominate the world of free thinking? isnt that kind of an oxymoron?

i would have linked to this site, even if you didnt need it. i see it all as the same goal. did you even take the time to consider that? naw...you just saw the link and you got excited, maybe even sexually from all the power, and in a climax of nerdy precision...you hit delete.

cigarette?

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:37 PM
:flamer: :moosie:

You asked for it.

D. Scarlatti
12-06-2005, 07:38 PM
are you trying to dominate the world of free thinking? isnt that kind of an oxymoron?

Isn't that kind of a non sequitur?

Leesifer
well you cant be aware of what you hide from and thats what the tos is for. ive never even read the tos that came with our phpbb forum. we never made our own. who cares? what are you so afraid of? are you trying to dominate the world of free thinking? isnt that kind of an oxymoron?

i would have linked to this site, even if you didnt need it. i see it all as the same goal. did you even take the time to consider that? naw...you just saw the link and you got excited, maybe even sexually from all the power, and in a climax of nerdy precision...you hit delete.

cigarette?

Fuck me, you really are a total wanker.

(should be enough swearing, I think)

michael1111
i dont know, is it?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM

You asked for it.

Ooooooooh!

chocolate covered brazil, anyone?!

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
i guess its non sequitur in what its hoping to achieve, but an oxymoron when i say it? maybe?

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 07:42 PM
On the contrary I read your post, went to your site, found a gibberish "About Us" page and a nearly empty forum framed with Google AdSense ads, and concluded that despite your claims to be interested in promoting "free speech", you were in fact hoping to increase traffic to your site for purposes of commercial profit. In other words: Spamming. I deleted your spam not "because we have a rule", but (as I explained) we have a no-spam rule because this site doesn't exist to provide free advertising space for other people's commercial projects.

curses
12-06-2005, 07:42 PM

You asked for it.

Ooooooooh!

I've got this lovely trail mix, it's got walnuts, peanuts, cashews, almonds, and chocolate chips in. Trade?

D. Scarlatti
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
[T]his site doesn't exist to provide free advertising space for other people's commercial projects.

You mean I can't interest you in an O'Reilly Factor Christmas tree ornament?

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
youd be wrong, although we are trying to get some coin from google. the last page isnt finished yet. this has nothing to do with money. in fact, i run the other site i have at a loss. i would spam the addy...but you know ;)

i would say your conclusions say more about how your mind thinks and less about me. did you even read the threads? oh well...

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
hello everybody, my name is michael. nice to meet you all. hope to stick around for some debate. :)

(is that better?)

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I've got this lovely trail mix, it's got walnuts, peanuts, cashews, almonds, and chocolate chips in. Trade?

I don't know .. on the one hand .. chocolate chips .. walnuts .. that's great! On the other you don't have pistachios. But then .. I don't have pistachios either.

Okay then *liberates Minus's entire stock of trail mix and hands her a partially sucked chocolate brazil*

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

You asked for it.

Ooooooooh!

Bastards, the lot of you:

:moosie: :abitmuch:

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
i would say your conclusions say more about how your mind thinks and less about me.
Hey, at least I'm not the one who admitted to posting spam in my first post on a forum with a very clear and explicit no-spam rule, then attacked the forum admin as a 'nazi' for deleting it. I don't know what that says about your mind, but I wouldn't want it said about me.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:47 PM

and you:

- :abitmuch:

curses
12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
*liberates Minus's entire stock of trail mix and hands her a partially sucked chocolate brazil*
Aww crap, you didn't tell me that it was partially sucked.(my that sounds rather dirty)

Of course, I withheld the fact that there's only about half a handful of the mix left. :P

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
You know, that moose just doesn't seem to be affected by that very big gun..

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 07:49 PM
oh and im 35 years old. why would you want an 18+ rule? do any of you know anything about real free speech and thought? we have some great teens that post and some seem much smarter than us older folks...
Yes, I do know about real free speech and thought. I'm a True Scotsman, after all, and we know these things.

Personally, I would want an 18+ rule to cut down on the incoherent, juvenile babble of puerile nitwits. I say "cut down" because obviously it wouldn't cut it out entirely. I don't doubt you have some teens with better communication skills than you. I'd still use the rule to reduce the probability of childish posts, because I'm an elitist, fascist, authoritarian asshole.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:49 PM
hello everybody, my name is michael. nice to meet you all. hope to stick around for some debate. :)

(is that better?)

Much better, just don't go round offering nuts to my god, OK?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
*liberates Minus's entire stock of trail mix and hands her a partially sucked chocolate brazil*
Aww crap, you didn't tell me that it was partially sucked.(my that sounds rather dirty)

Of course, I withheld the fact that there's only about half a handful of the mix left. :P

Damnit Minus, that's not a raisin, that's a bluebottle! Whaddaya trying to do to me??

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
i admitted it cuz i didnt really think of it as spam. i was trying to explain myself. maybe im naive, but i never expected to get that reaction at a forum with a title like yours. anyhow...done with this. obviously this isnt as free as i thought. i will stick around and see, but once again it seems that freedom is a tricky thing to find....real freedom. i guess i was just excited to offer some up. wasnt trying to steal people away...just looking for input.

my nasty reaction was a result of your own. you may think youre doing the right thing, but thats what most of the people causing the problems in the world think too...

oh well...

JoeP
12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, own up. Whose sockpuppet is this michael1111? Excellent parody of a loser. And do I have to mention the digits in the losername?

michael1111
your god licks my nuts. is that ok? ;)

Leesifer
You know, that moose just doesn't seem to be affected by that very big gun..

:shakefist:

:moosie: :zombie:

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
OK, own up. Whose sockpuppet is this michael1111? Excellent parody of a loser. And do I have to mention the digits in the losername?

Yebbut there's a website and everything and we are having fun!

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
haha...good one joe. nice attempt at insults. i love when people play stupid to get the point across better...but then- its just a stupid persons point of view :)

what about the numbers?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah stick around and see because, you know, if you judge one forum on people's understandable reactions to a fucking stupid post insulting the admins, you're not a freethinker either.

ms_ann_thrope
12-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Holy crap, it's as if Carlos and alphamale made a baby!

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
just to add.. seriously, stick around. Because you wouldn't be the first person to make a fucking stupid entrance here and later settle down and get along with people. So try it.

viscousmemories
my nasty reaction was a result of your own.
I understand your being upset about your post being deleted but you obviously anticipated the possibility or you wouldn't have included a preemptive apology for its being spam and you probably wouldn't have had a copy of it handy to repost. You are free to disagree with our no-spam rule, but as I said earlier I doubt very much that you would be able to have much useful discussion on a forum where spam was freely allowed.

you may think youre doing the right thing, but thats what most of the people causing the problems in the world think too...
Of course, and naturally that goes both ways.

MooseIBe

Now there's a bannable thought.

Nazi admins! Remove this woman from the forum!

curses
12-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Damnit Minus, that's not a raisin, that's a bluebottle! Whaddaya trying to do to me??
One of these? (http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/bluebottle.htm) I was just giving you a new pet.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 07:57 PM
i havent left yet, moose. i can free-think with the best of them :)

another scotsman? my moms from outlaw mcgregors and has a long history. figures ;)

whats with the numbers? im willing to talk...11:11?

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Oooh! they look nasty minus. Though not as bad as Australian box fish jellies :D

Michael .. well .. your call. I will interact with anyone who acts sensibly, regardless of what they've done before. Yeah you started badly. Keep trying, maybe you'll fit in. Maybe you won't, I dunno.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
a big kiss for you all!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/michael1111/kissyme.jpg

and a bit from my other side:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/michael1111/billymike2small.jpg

take care :)

curses
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Hahaha. Loser.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Well that was surreal. Still, it's all helping to get us through life, no?

curses
12-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Well that was surreal. Still, it's all helping to get us through life, no?
Well, helping me get through a long day at work. It was quite entertaining.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:06 PM
who is a loser? me? come on now...dont be so mean :)

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:07 PM
No doubt all the historical struggles to protect the freedom of speech were intended to ensure that self-righteous narcissists would be able post photos of themselves giving the finger and call people twats on the Internet. You really are a beacon of truth for us all.

michael1111
the internet is not just an escape route to freedom (real freedom)....its also living art. i love it.

Leesifer
Blimey, there's a lot of weirdos out there.

JoeP
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Um, I don't know who you plagarised that long spiel from, but you didn't write it.Exactly! It was the only post of "his" with capital letters. And I hate people who don't use capitals (except beyelzu of course)

JoeP
12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Holy crap, it's as if Carlos and alphamale made a baby!:rofl:

just to add.. seriously, stick around. Because you wouldn't be the first person to make a fucking stupid entrance here and later settle down and get along with people. So try it.Hey! Don't tell him that yet! There's a lot more insulting to do yet!

Now back to the Moose and Lees show.

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Just FYI michael1111, I have configured the software such that user profiles aren't visible to search engines. So if by some chance you are only posting here to promote the link to your forum in your profile, you're wasting your time.

Of course in my opinion you're also wasting your time if you're just trying to woo people with your charming personality so they'll look at your profile and follow the link themselves, but that's neither here nor there.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 08:13 PM

Well it's much more interesting!

We're doing naked mud wrestling later, you know.

michael1111
lol...i am a beacon of truth! a narcissist? naw...just showing you what youre dealing with. im sure you assume things about me that arent true, like when you went to the site and unfairly assumed im a money-grubber, when i hate money.

thats me, and yes- im good looking. so what...it shouldnt matter. i also work for cbc newsworld in toronto canada. i switch and direct live news among other things. i am married and live in a nice apt in downtown toronto, right on lake ontario. we have no children (yet), but have a cat and a hairless chinese crested. i have co-authored a book and had some art placed in magazines. i also write poetry that is often well-received. in fact, a book of short stories and poems is my next project. my photos have been used to help with other free speech forums in their 'look'. i am an alcoholic and havent had a drink since aug 11/93. i am hoping to make a documentary about the 11:11 phenomenon.

thats who i am. still a chump, i guess, but one that loves free speech...even if it contains a link...

Sock Puppet
another scotsman? my moms from outlaw mcgregors and has a long history. figures ;)
That was a joke, scout. See this definition of the No True Scotsman Fallacy (http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/No_True_Scotsman).
whats with the numbers? im willing to talk...11:11?
Spammers often use an arbitrary string of numbers after a username, and then pick another random set when the previous account is banned. It's also used often by AOL kids who carry over the same username as they use in the AOL chatrooms, so that all of their little buddies know it's them. They tend to be superfluous on most message boards (if their membership is below, say, 10K or so), so using them on a relatively small message board is viewed with suspicion.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:14 PM

Well it's much more interesting!

We're doing naked mud wrestling later, you know.

You'll have to remove your antlers first. :lecher:

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Just FYI michael1111, I have configured the software such that user profiles aren't visible to search engines. So if by some chance you are only posting here to promote the link to your forum in your profile, you're wasting your time.

Of course in my opinion you're also wasting your time if you're just trying to woo people with your charming personality so they'll look at your profile and follow the link themselves, but that's neither here nor there.

youre an asshole. the first part is nonsense...i didnt even know that was possible. i work with a webmaster and dont pay much attention to computer stuff. the second part is true. what are you so afraid of?

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:16 PM
well the 1111 in my name is a holdover from something else. it pertains to the 11:11 phenomenon. you people are paranoid. you care too much about what others are doing to 'get you'. so silly...relax...

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 08:16 PM
hey, me and my rack are a TWOSOME!

She's scared, laydeez and gentlemen, she's trying to back out of it...

D. Scarlatti
12-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Is that a pink shirt?

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
hey, me and my rack are a TWOSOME!

She's scared, laydeez and gentlemen, she's trying to back out of it...

No way am I scared, bring it on baybee.

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I was just answering your question, scout. I really don't care about your username. Spamming is the admins' problem, so I don't ultimately give a shit. AOL kiddies don't bother me much either, and if they did, there is a whole host of Ignore features here.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
youre an asshole. the first part is nonsense...i didnt even know that was possible. i work with a webmaster and dont pay much attention to computer stuff. the second part is true. what are you so afraid of?

All hail the webmaster! :bow:

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
And you're an idiot, but so what? I'm not afraid of anything, I've just noticed that spammers tend to follow a certain pattern of behavior that you (coincidentally, I'm sure) emulate perfectly.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Now, vm, don't use such big words, you'll only confuse him.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:24 PM
naw...im no spammer and you know it. even though i dont ban it, i cant stand spammers. thats why i came in like i did trying to explain things...being upfront. paint it whichever way you want, but its still an ugly picture in my eyes...

never been a spammer. ever. think what you want :)

cappuccino
12-06-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm wondering why this thread is already at 5 pages.

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Okay, fine. You're not a spammer. I'll take your word for it.

:welcome: to the FF!

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm wondering why this thread is already at 5 pages.
Hey, it's not every day that you get to see a trainwreck that started in the OP.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Is that a pink shirt?

LOL

now that was funny...uhhh....its salmon :blush:

D. Scarlatti
12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
That's what they all say.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Okay, fine. You're not a spammer. I'll take your word for it.

:welcome: to the FF!

ok...peace. nice to be here. sorry to have gotten my back up like that.

its at 5 pages cuz im so adorable and you cant get enough of me :)

cappuccino
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
now that was funny...uhhh....its salmon :blush:

With funky patterns that make my eyes go cross-eyed. :dizzy2:

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
No worries. :peace:

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
its at 5 pages cuz im so adorable and you cant get enough of me :)
Please get corroboration of that before you post more pics. Thanx. :wink:

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:35 PM
lol...whatever. i wouldnt have posted them otherwise ;)

to each their own :)

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Ahem. It's at five pages cos me and Lees are gonna put on a naked mud wrestling display..

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, never say never, welcome to :ff: michael1111.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Ahem. It's at five pages cos me and Lees are gonna put on a naked mud wrestling display..

I'm ready!

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Incidentally michael1111, the references to the numbers in your handle is explained here (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3647), in a lighthearted thread about how people with numbers in their names tend to be spammers.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 08:50 PM
well .. okay .. I just need to get oiled up. And ..

maybe after a good breakfast would be better??

michael1111
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
ok ok...yes- im a spammer.

KIDDING! wouldnt that be something- an adbot that fucked around with you? heyyyy...that would make for a great performance piece :chin:

seriously...peace. my intentions are and were good. ive been doing this forum thing for a while, running a few of my own, and though i know you dont have to accept my word for it because this is all being interpreted by you (the beauty of the net) , ya gotta believe me when i say, i came here for honest reasons.

i just want the freedom vibe to spread. i have experienced it first-hand because i gave it a space- total freedom with no banning, and its taught me a great deal. its not only taught me, but plenty of others. the problem is that this absolute free speech forum was born from something specific. that meant that it couldnt spread too far.

a couple of people with websites have taken it upon themselves to do that. thats what i came in here for. i was looking to get some input, from what must be smart people if they made this choice. its the same choice i made. i was drumming up business for an absolute free speech forum.

much as i hate them, a rule is a rule and i must obey in a reality ruled by a majority that believes we need them. i encourage you to look at my profile and help bring a bit of 'this' somewhere else that doesnt have any. i am not asking anybody to leave this place. thats what a spammer does. i would hate it if somebody came to my original site and worked actively to steal people away, but i never worry about it because it was so good for me and i could see it was for the people that mattered.

i knew good people wouldnt leave because it was a totally free forum based on nothing, so those that did leave were just running from themselves. who needs them- let them sort out their own issues. anyhow, its a struggle to stick to total freedom, but its a discipline well worth the effort. i am a better person for never having turned to the rules. when you do, youre ruled. there is no freedom in that. that is all i was trying to promote when i came here. i have googled other free speech forums and done the same. im just looking for a little interest from people who think along the same lines i do.

i think there are a lot more of us than we realize. i think its a vibe that needs promoting and so i do it. sometimes, i step on toes that i thought werent there, but that doesnt make it hurt any less. i apologize for being a dick. give me a chance and take me at my word and iwill stick around to piss you off and entertain you. im already living up to my end of the deal. ;)

vive le free speech! i am asking you to simply spread your own truth, no holds barred. anybody getting in the way of that offer has issues. even if you want to destroy it- youre invited. freedom is a challenge...non sequitor?

(this free forum may not be my version of it, but its still something i can respect and i applaud you all for your effort)

spam yourselves.

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
No, spam you and watch me wrestle Moose to the floor, after we've both had a good lunch.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
oh and i smoke weed on my days off ;)

(yeah i know, i shouldnt)

ramble on!

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:02 PM
No, spam you and watch me wrestle Moose to the floor, after we've both had a good lunch.

spam off, all of you! im going to go eat some chili.

Sock Puppet
12-06-2005, 09:06 PM
i knew good people wouldnt leave because it was a totally free forum based on nothing, so those that did leave were just running from themselves. who needs them- let them sort out their own issues.
That's one helluva leap there, scout. Try not to hurt yourself with those. It's entirely possible that some folks might've left because, say, they didn't like your site, or your members. Or they got distracted by shiny things elsewhere on the Intarweb. Not every rejection is the sign of a flaw in the rejector's character, although I can certainly see the ego-stroking advantages to believing that. Sometimes, somebody might just think you suck.

godfry n. glad
12-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Mr. Hankey!

Leesifer
12-06-2005, 09:11 PM

spam off, all of you! im going to go eat some chili.

I hope it's not spam chilli. :vomit:

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:16 PM
oh people think i suck! but thats the point. the forum was basically about nothing. it had nothing to do with me. all kinds of topics were discussed. the only thing that kept people there was themselves. there are plenty of people i think suck, but i wouldnt leave it because of them, when there are so many more i like and get along with.

nobody gets banned. there was no moderation. i am just a member and that has never wavered. i have even had horrible emails wishing me death, but i wouldnt ban anyone for that. why? the whole experience is my own. nobody is going to stop me from saying anything, especially when the reason i am there is my own. i am just there for myself, to say what i want with others who also find it to be a good form of personal therapy.

sure, people may have left cuz they hated me or somebody else, but its their choice to leave. its not my fault. their fate was never determined by a rule or code of conduct. it was determined by themselves. they did it inside a floating space of true free speech and thinking.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:16 PM
oh im allergic to spam chili.

cappuccino
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd rather have at least a code of conduct over existing in a pure space of free speech and thinking which doesn't really exist. People inevitably form cliques and pass judgements on newcomers. At least FF has a few explicit rules written out instead of leaving things to chance.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:22 PM
that does happen. youre right. but there are some who 'get it' and hang in there. im one of them. do you really think i fit in any kind of group? lol :P . some people form off into splinter groups. it happens all the time. why should that detract from my own example? why should the corrupt behaviour of others corrupt me? fuck em. :)

plus its a smorgasbord of topics sometimes. i like it :)

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:24 PM
and in any group ive ever been in, member or owner, those who splinter off and form other groups, always do it over the rules. rules are religion and who can agree on that? i digress...

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 09:24 PM
are you stoned? that would kind of explain things.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:25 PM
why would that explain things? this is how i always am and what i always think. im just slower when im stoned :)

thewantingseed
12-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Dear sweet christ, what have I been missing? Is this guy for real?
I'm going to stay away from this thread from now on.
It's scary... :runaway:

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
nobody gets banned. there was no moderation.
So anyone is free to spam every forum on your site with threads promoting viagra and breast enlargement, hardcore porn and links to malware and viruses and you don't do anything about it? I find that hard to believe, but if it's really that important to you that it be a place of unfettered free speech open to all, why won't you link to it? I'd like to see it in action.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:44 PM
actually no...you got me there. however, our webmaster found a crafty way to prevent it. now when you post as a guest (cuz like a free forum should- its open to even anonymous people) you are required to fill in one of those codes. a vericode i think? so people can still post, but spambots are stymied.

that said, some are getting through. we had a couple of adbots from russia that figured it out. now thats genius. my hats off to them...for now :)

and a bot is not a person. even if you argue its an extension of the person, i guess the only rule to the forum is that it has to be you posting. i think thats fair and still free. if not, it robs others of theirs...

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:46 PM
why is it scary, wantingseed? lol...it might be strange, but any reaction you have to it is your own. dont be afraid...im not :)

dont stay away. join the fun!!

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
So why do you choose to stifle the spambot programmer's free expression? Are you a nazi? Don't you believe in free speech? :P

cappuccino
12-06-2005, 09:49 PM
you got to admit this is the strangest introduction thread I've ever seen.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:52 PM
haha viscous! i guess you got me there :P

but come on!!! :D

i have a way with introducing myself. i really do love the internet. and i really do have a lot of respect for people who see the way out in free thought and speech.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 09:55 PM
and i dont really stifle their expression, i just choose not to look at it. by all means, do whatever you want, just leave me the option to not pay attention. take that away and youre not following the golden rule (the only rule) and ill be your example as to why you should :)

i love being mean to meanies. i mean I LOVE IT! :D

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey, I already said no harm no foul on the whole intro thing. But I could talk all day and night on the subject of forum administration, and I have. Why do you think an automated anti-spam filter is superior to our method of personally judging each post ourselves? It seems to me that your method is more likely to inadvertently stifle someone's honest attempt to express themselves than ours. After all, had your post simply been filtered out we'd probably not be having this discussion.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry to disappoint you on your wonderful way to get rid of spam bots but I have every security measure known to man on mine and I still get the odd one. Today I got a most ingenious one which actually posted five random messages on random threads which at casual glance wouldn't have seemed like spam (ie if you were not looking at them in the context of the thread but just as a list of that person's posts). It was advertising an online casino in its sig and profile though, which was a bit of a giveaway.

MooseIBe
12-06-2005, 10:01 PM
that was to Michael btw.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 10:02 PM
no no...i think there is a difference between bots spamming and people. ive never had a real problem with people spamming ever. and we dont filter anything out...we require a code to be filled out to post, a mechanism that contributes to everybodys freedom. i have no problem with people sending out bots, just like they should have no problem with me finding ways to ignore them. if you want to spam, post away...you just have to show up. i dont have to listen to a bot...the worlds in a big enough mess because of messengers carrying others intentions.

michael1111
12-06-2005, 10:04 PM
but yes...its something that could be argued long and hard...

thanx all for the chat. went all kinds of places, but seemed to end ok. ill stick around and ive bookmarked ya. i even spammed this site at my own. :)

ciao for now

viscousmemories
12-06-2005, 10:08 PM
We have a rule against threads having the same topic for more than five posts. :giggle:

michael1111
12-06-2005, 10:09 PM
you bastards! ;)

pescifish
12-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Hey! Why isn't this intro thread in the Greetings and Salutations forum?!
I demand proper forum administration!

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot...

Welcome to the FF, michael1111!
:mob:

viscousmemories
12-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey, good point. Consider it moved...

Legs
12-07-2005, 06:14 AM
How did I manage to miss this entire thread (until just now?)

:foggy:

viscousmemories
12-07-2005, 06:17 AM
The first 154 posts came between 12:09 PM and 3:09 PM. Maybe you were napping? :)

pescifish
12-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I blinked!

godfry n. glad
12-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Hey, Pesci...

It's been quite a ride. You're just getting here?

I'm waiting for michael1111 to meet alphamale.

:D

This should be fun.

:choices:

pescifish
12-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm kinda glad I waited until the dust settled, godfry. :peace:

[ETA: Ooops, I edited that right out from under godfry. My original post said

"I'm betting on the new guy, godfry :yup:"

but I decided I wouldn't be so contentious. Too late!]

godfry n. glad
12-07-2005, 07:30 AM
I think the wager would have to be on how long it takes for alfalfasprouts to put mick on ignore and how we can tell.

Pool anyone?

Ensign Steve
12-07-2005, 07:33 AM
I think michael is more Carlos' type. What with the :godwin: and all.

godfry n. glad
12-07-2005, 07:48 AM
I think michael is more Carlos' type. What with the :godwin: and all.

I think that's why it will be enjoyable. Just wait 'til alfalfasprouts finds out mick is a Canuck.

:shitfan:

anybody?

Legs
12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Just wait 'til alfalfasprouts finds out mick is a Canuck.

Say it isn't so :doh:

livius drusus
12-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Quite a unique intro thread, I must say. Welcome to FF, michael1111. :welcome1:

beyelzu
12-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Um, I don't know who you plagarised that long spiel from, but you didn't write it.Exactly! It was the only post of "his" with capital letters. And I hate people who don't use capitals (except beyelzu of course)

of course

:tmgrin:

michael1111
12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
ummm...i did write it. if you wish for proof, email me privately and i will supply it.

thanx,

michael neil stanton

beyelzu
12-07-2005, 06:06 PM
the of course was in response to the whole beyelzu is the exception to the necessity of capitalization rule of love here at ff.

michael1111
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
hey i like the way you write! :P

michael1111
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
and hunter s thompson is the inspiration for my new sites title...gonzo. cool :)

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 07:41 PM
It's been mentioned that you are a Canuckian, Michael. Which part of Canada?

I apologize if it's somewhere in the last six pages, I didn't read them all. :shrug:

michael1111
12-07-2005, 07:47 PM
you didnt read them all!? what kind of a sweetie are you?! :P

i am living in downtown toronto.

Crumb
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh, so you're gay? :ptht:

michael1111
12-07-2005, 07:53 PM
now come on, crumb bum, dont be so jealous. im not gay im just good looking. :D

haha! :P

Crumb
12-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Now I can't believe a word you say.

michael1111
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
aha! touche!!

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 08:15 PM
now come on, crumb bum, dont be so jealous. im not gay im just good looking. :D

You only got a few votes from those of questionable taste so far. :P Let's say the jury is still out on this one. :wink:

At the very least, arrogance and pride that leads to gloating and other such vices are very, very ugly.

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Now I can't believe a word you say.

:thumbup:

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 08:21 PM
And yes, I am a Canuckian. A Saskatchewantonian, to be precise.

michael1111
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
oh im just kidding around...relax! geez. i like having fun...im like this in 'real life' too...i dont put a lot into judging people on how they look.

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 08:23 PM
oh im just kidding around...relax! geez. i like having fun...im like this in 'real life' too..

:eek:

:P

I can kid around too, just as long as it's clear that's what's happening.

michael1111
12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
messing around, eh? so you do think im hot...well, of course. :smoove:

Sweetie
12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Dammit, a smilie that represents a ladylike "snort" hasn't been invented yet.

Plant Woman
12-08-2005, 01:16 AM
now come on, crumb bum, dont be so jealous. im not gay im just good looking.

Yeah but, wash away all that makeup and let us make the call!
:flashpic:

Crumb
12-08-2005, 01:24 AM
:chuckle: