PDA

View Full Version : Too Busy and Too Tired

Dingfod
01-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Women are too busy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2675863.stm) and men are too tired (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3131209.stm) to have sex. The first linked article says women in the 1950s got more sex than today's stressed women. The second linked article says most working men, if given the chance of an extra hour in bed, say they would rather spend it asleep than having sex.

Are you too busy or too tired to get as much sex as you would like?

Or as much as your partner would like?

godfry n. glad
01-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Warren...

I'm over 50, I have diabetes and high blood pressure and am on so many medications that I'm surprised I can perform at all.

I'm where I love skin to skin contact, I crave it, but sex ain't really all that necessary. Getting my engine revved up is the problem. Keepin' it going once revved ain't. I fairly sure my partner is far more eager for sex than am I. I do my part, though.

I've aged. Things change. I'm not 19 and I don't have a boner 75% of the day. I can see the tired thing, too.

ms_ann_thrope
01-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Given the chance for an extra hour in bed, I would totally spend it sleeping... especially if I could be all snuggled up next to my honey. Slumber in our cozy bed with my cheek on his chest and his arm around my shoulder is pretty much better than sex, IMO. I doubt that either of us would say that we're happy with the current frequency of our friskiness, but we both seem too tired/busy/stressed to change that right now. :sadcheer:

Adora
01-27-2006, 10:48 AM
First off, I've learned better than to trust BBC 'science' or 'sexual' articles these days... second...

The first linked article says women in the 1950s got more sex than today's stressed women.
Based on what? And are the defining sex by orgasm? Because I really don't think so...

They found that 42% of women who cohabit with male partners have sex two or three times a week. This compares to just one in three married women.
Moral of the story? Don't get married.

Also, sounds like the researchers are possibly as dodgy with their sample bias as their namesake. And considering how female (and male) sexual dysfunctions have been redefined over and over again over the last 50 years, well, y'know.

inland wave
01-27-2006, 11:13 PM
To busy and tired. People who do the shift work life it's a given.
I would love to have more time in a day and have more sex, but usually the time and energy by both parties is just lacking. I say some sex is better than no sex. More sex, well in my dreams...... In all fairness to my husband--the medications that he is taking at this time don't do much for the disire of sex. I didn't have to think twice about the decision of sex vs. quality of life for him. I will have sex less often (or not at all) if that is what it takes to keep him healthy. I love him and want to keep him around for a long time.