PDA

View Full Version : *throws a baseball into the void*

BlueQuark
02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
... but in a curved universe, would the baseball ever return? hmm...

Hi everyone!!

1. How'd you find the Freethought Forum?

I visited that oh-so-cool site, google. Typed in "freethought forum" to see what popped up, and all of you were sneezed into existence. :D

2. Are you a member of any other online forums? Which?

Nopers. I've been on other boards before, but the level of free expression I was seeking wasn't granted... until I stumbled across this place, methinks.

3. How do you feel about smilies (emoticons)?

Smilies are too cool.

4. How do you feel about 2000+ smilies?

Smilie heaven!

5. Is flaming:

A. Hilarious
B. Beneath you
C. Irritating as fuck

Irritating as fuck if it makes no sense at all. Funny if it's actually intelligent flaming..

6. Is vulgar language:

A. Hilarious
B. Beneath you
C. Irritating as fuck

Oh, fuck it, I'm gonna miss my damned bus. No, really. That answer it? ;)

7. Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because Colonel Sanders was in hot pursuit with a machete.

8. Who pays for your food?

Me, most of the time.

9. What's one thing you've always wanted to do but never have?

Go backpacking through Europe and visit every single historical site available to me.

10. What is your single favorite place in the world?

A tiny little beach called Ipperwash with ONE main road, and a gazillion grains of sand I fell in love with several years ago.

11. What's the significance of your username?

Closeted science geek? :chin: That, and I didn't want to be a red or a green quark.

12. What about your avatar?

Get back to ya on that one.

viscousmemories
02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
:welcome: to the FF, BlueQuark.

livius drusus
02-13-2006, 01:41 PM
A lovely intro post, BlueQuark. Thank you kindly.

Go backpacking through Europe and visit every single historical site available to me.

You simply must check out our Museum (http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/gallery/index.php?). I bet you'll get a kick out of the Travel category, especially the justaman confronts Europe set. :museum:

Welcome to FF. :welcome1:

Legs
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
:welcome3: BlueQuark

fragment
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome to :ff:, BlueQuark!

Leesifer
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome to :ff:, BlueQuark.

livius drusus
02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Pay no mind to the green monstrosity smiley, BlueQuark. I uploaded it when I was young and foolish and now these rat finks won't let me live it down. (Or replace it. :shakefist:)

California Tanker
02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
see what popped up, and all of you were sneezed into existence. :D

Most excellent. Another Douglas Adams fan.

There's a few of us on here.

NTM

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This had made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move. Many races believe that the Universe was created by some sort of god or in the Big Bang. The Jatravartid people, however, believe that the Universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. They live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief. Theory of the Great Green Arkleseizure is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI.

Crumb
02-13-2006, 06:16 PM
:hisign: BlueQuark

Joshua Adams
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Welcome, BlueQuark

[Someone should update the 2000+ smilies, thing. 2500+ smilies sounds more impressive]

Shake
02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Welcome, BlueQuark!

Hope you've found what you've been looking for.

livius drusus
02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
[Someone should update the 2000+ smilies, thing. 2500+ smilies sounds more impressive]Good point. :fixed:

BlueQuark
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for ze welcomes, everybody!!

Yeah, I can go a litttttttle nuts with the smilies. And be warned, I go pretty nuts with the rambling too. I suspect most of you won't care, though! And I am soooo happy someone caught the Douglas Adams quote, I knew one of ya would. I love his stuff, he's great.

Douglas Adams, Carl Sagan, Bertrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Robert G. Ingersoll -- guess you could say they're my favourite five. :D

livius drusus
02-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I can go a litttttttle nuts with the smilies. And be warned, I go pretty nuts with the rambling too. I suspect most of you won't care, though!

You are correct, sir. On both counts. :beaugest:

BlueQuark
02-15-2006, 04:14 AM
Livius, make that "un-sir", "ma'am", "madame", "miss" or whatever the hell else ya want -- as long as it makes me female. :innocent: Cause I think that could maaaaaybe be a tad more accurate.. just maybe.. :giggle:

Hrm..

I've gotta say that I LOVE the many, many icon options!... even though I ended up making one myself. All of the Finding Nemo stuff's just too cool.

Okay, now that I have a leeeeetle time...

*jumps into the other discussions*..
after I dance like crazy.

:rasp:

yeah. Icon crazy fer sure.

livius drusus
02-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Oops. You'd think after the number of times people assumed I was male I'd learn that whole ass-you-me thing. :blush2:

Have fun dancing and jumping. :bundance: