PDA

View Full Version : Journal edit bug

Dingfod
07-18-2004, 02:09 PM
When I went to edit my journal entry, it placed a backslash "\" in front of every apostrophe. It has happened twice.

Warren

viscousmemories
07-18-2004, 03:51 PM
When I went to edit my journal entry, it placed a backslash "\" in front of every apostrophe. It has happened twice.
Thanks, Warren. I'll see if I can find a solution.

viscousmemories
07-19-2004, 01:48 AM
I can't reproduce the issue, Warren. What OS and browser are you using?

Dingfod
07-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Windows XP Home and Mozilla Firefox. No wait, I was at work. Windows NT (I think) and Mozilla Firefox. I just checked here at home and I cannot reproduce it either. I'll check tomorrow at work and get back to you.

Thanks,
Warren

Blake
07-19-2004, 07:40 AM
It was happening with me too. Oddly, it doesn't affect the rendering of the text. <shrug>

Dingfod
07-19-2004, 07:06 PM
It was happening with me too. Oddly, it doesn't affect the rendering of the text. <shrug>Really? I didn't try it. I edited out all the backslashes before reposting.

I cannot duplicate it at work either... now.

Warren

Dingfod
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
It did it again, but like Blake said, it doesn't affect the rendering of the text. So, nevermind.

Warren

viscousmemories
07-23-2004, 05:40 PM
I will gladly nevermind. :didi:

The journal system we're using is what's known in the industry as an "unsupported hack". In other words, it was the most feature-rich and functional available journal system, but there have been many degrees of separation between the person who wrote the original code and the person who released this version, and not one of them has the least bit of interest in supporting it.

So until a better system is released we might be stuck with any little bugs this one has. Unless I become much better at php programming than I am today. If a better one does come out, rest assured that we will only implement it if we can import all the data from this one. :)