PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles

Scotty
11-09-2004, 03:09 AM
I was impressed. The Incredibles (http://www.theincredibles.com)

I didn't see another thread on this, but I really couldn't approve of this movie more.

It wasn't that it was a surprise story or anything like that, it was just so well executed, so well "acted".

In terms of how I have always wanted and imagined super-hero combat to take place, what it would look like, everything, this is the movie.

Good storytelling makes it (it also reminded me of the old James Bond movies, Dr. No, Goldfinger, in location, and sometimes music).

I may even go see it again in the theaters.

Does this simple review scare anybody else? Is this the same Scotty we know and have seen screwer movies?

-Scott

ApostateAbe
11-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the recomendation. I heard good things about it elsewhere too. I'll put that in my things-I-might-do list.

viscousmemories
11-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Thanks Scotty, I'll check it out. I took a niece and nephew to see another Disney/Pixar project, Monsters, Inc., and really enjoyed it.

livius drusus
11-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Erm... We've seen Scotty screwer movies? Where was this and how did I miss it? Oh well, in any case, thanks for the positive review, Scotty. It's definitely on my list.

P.S. - Care for a move to A&L?

Scotty
11-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Go ahead and move it, that is fine, I didn't expect much response, I just liked the movie.

Yes, I typo a lot.

It i just well done, the imagery is fantastic, the characters worked together well, it is what the superhero movie should have been, not what most were, and then are.

It has very typical plot devices, the "Token Black Guy", but I laughed and had a good time, which just doesn't happen in many movies for me.

I enjoyed myself. Go figure, in a theater.

Besides, now my wife has been calling me Mr. Incredible, can't get much better then that. ;)

Okay, I have some reviews done on http://www.moviepie.com if you want to search the site for them!

-Scott

HelenM
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
We went to see it on Sunday and we all enjoyed it.

Helen

godfry n. glad
11-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Okay, I have some reviews done on http://www.moviepie.com if you want to search the site for them!

-Scott

I went. I read. I was almost turned off when it was compared to Finding Nemo, which had to be one of the most saccharine and uninspired animated film of some time. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks, Scotty.

godfry

Scotty
11-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Oh, that review of The Incredibles was not mine, but I have a few on there, of the "New" star wars, and one on The Grinch.

I would say that The Incredibles is much more enjoyable (for me) then Finding Nemo, as I couldn't get into that movie very much, I think I started and stopped watching that move about 5 times.

-Scott

HarryLime
11-11-2004, 06:25 AM
I saw it Sunday, and enjoyed the hell out of it. The director, Brad Bird, also helmed The Iron Giant, which is one of my favorite films of all time, right up there with Ikiru and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Beautiful film. The Incredibles isn't quite that good, but I loved it nonetheless.

Will