Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Adventure 56

Posted 06-24-2008 at 08:21 PM by wildernesse

If you are interested in how adventure 56 went, you can read about it on my blog--link!
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ah, church.

Posted 04-13-2008 at 06:23 PM by wildernesse

I've been semi-attending a new member Sunday school class at the church I have been semi-attending. I figure I got invited because I started semi-tithing once I was gainfully employed, not because I expressed interest in becoming a member.

Anywho, it's been kind of a history of the UMC so far, which is fine. Today, a person talked about it being the End Times and Rapture and what not. (Leading to our pastor saying some emperor thought such and such was a "damn good idea",...
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Sigh.

Posted 01-11-2008 at 02:27 AM by wildernesse

Many of you have probably heard of the murdered hiker in north Georgia--a young woman, hiking with her dog, attacked on a trail in a popular state park. It's a terrible story. A friend of mine mentioned it on my blog, and The Moms have also brought it up. Don't hike by yourself! It's dangerous out there!

It's so frustrating to me.

Yes, hiking alone is not as safe as hiking with someone. Yes, it can be dangerous for women to be alone out in the world (anywhere)....
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Belated Thanks!

Posted 11-26-2007 at 12:43 AM by wildernesse

Ok, because I'm a dork, I forget to come back and check for comments here. Thank you all for your kind comments about my adventure list! I keep coming up with additional adventures, but I'm trying to let them be for now. Once I get through the 30X30 challenge, maybe I'll figure out a solution for that!

I'm thinking that I will get my nerve up to go to the Audubon meeting in December and see if I can tag along on the Christmas Bird Count this year. Fingers crossed that I can make...
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Adventure 30

Posted 11-22-2007 at 11:54 PM by wildernesse

Well, I did make rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. You can read about them and see pictures of the finished product on my regular blog--the link is in my profile.
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized