Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > lisarea

Rate this Entry

Celebrity Profile: Henry Winkler

Posted 02-13-2008 at 01:40 AM by lisarea

If you are like most people, when you hear the name "Henry Winkler," your first thought is of "The Fonz," the cool, leather-jacketed character from television's "Happy Days."

Winkler himself, however, might surprise you. Unlike his television character, Henry Winkler is a talented actor whose ability to take on the role of his enigmatic character is testament to his years of training in the acting craft.

"I have never thought of myself as being 'cool'," says Winkler, "In fact, I think my classmates in high school would have called me a nerd!"*

It is difficult, however, to believe that the intelligent, witty Winkler could ever have been considered a nerd. Wearing a brown sweater with matching brown shoes, Winkler's overall appearance and demeanor may not have the flash and vim of the Fonzie persona, but all the same, he conveys a cool, if low-key, confidence.

So while the Fonz may shout his coolness from the rooftops, the humble actor behind the character is content just to spend his evenings playing board games and enjoying a meal with his family and friends.

*Note: Many of the specifics in this article are based on memory from one time when someone was talking about something boring, and I covertly read part of some biography of Henry Winkler that I don't remember the name of now. As such, some of the material quoted may not be verbatim.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18409 Comments 4 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    HW was in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. He's involved with literacy initiatives and was speaking at a couple of grade schools. My friend who works at Visit Milwaukee hung out with him for a bit and showed him around. She said he was a great guy.
  2. Old Comment
    This is the worst celebrity profile of Henry Winkler on this whole site. I recommend it to anyone else curious about the blogpost counter on a member's posts.
  3. Old Comment
    I have learned so much about Herbie Wintller here, more than than I would have ever thought.

Thanks Lisarea!
    Updated 11-23-2008 at 06:03 AM by Kyuss Apollo
  4. Old Comment
    :lol: