Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Fragmentation

Scattered commentary from my time on the planet...
  1. Old Comment

It begins...

Sweet. I thought EAOS looked more interesting, so maybe I will take it instead. Need to talk to some people during course approval.
  2. Old Comment

It begins...

Oh, and paleo-ecology? EAOS is a useful paper for that, apparently. Don't worry - they'll tell you that in 2nd year Plant Ecology, when the palaeobotanists come to talk to you. Of course, if you're a botany major, by then it's too damn late, and EAOS is off the schedule. Naturally!

But it's not required, it's apparently just a useful paper.
  3. Old Comment

It begins...

FYI: Prerequisites don't mean shit here. I've done two of the three third year climatology papers, and I never did Geog 101. I just bowled up on course approval day, cornered the lecturer, and explained why I wanted to do his course. Both times, with two different lecturers, there was no problem.

Don't take this as gospel - they may get uptight in future and not do the same thing, but I can't see why. I passed, dammit!

And I wanted to do the EAOS paper, but it's bloody hard to do in 2nd/3rd year if you're doing botany papers. (Heads up: botany clashed with everything. Always. But after talking to the HOD, he tweaked my major requirements so I could swap papers for botany major requirements in order to take the interesting papers in other departments.)
  4. Old Comment

It begins...

Go fragment! There is something so very satisfying about studying again. Expanding your brain and horizons.
  5. Old Comment

On the blogroll...

Thank you for the link, fraggles. It's a little hard for me to grok still, but I've bookmarked it for regular reading. :thankee:
  6. Old Comment

It begins...

Nah, first time round I sorta drifted into a Bachelor of Arts majoring in philosophy. I enjoyed some of it, but never had much commitment to the subject or what I could do with it, and one particular required paper was the kiss of death.
  7. Old Comment

It begins...

Cool fragment! That looks like an interesting course load. Were you studying the same subject matter the first time through?