Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Kael

Rate this Entry

Games

Posted 10-01-2008 at 09:19 PM by Kael
Updated 10-08-2008 at 03:10 AM by Kael

So, here's an entry about games...

I'm currently playing Mount & Blade heavily, an indie gem that just released its full version a bit ago. here's a link to their site, as well as the wikipedia page, in case you'd rather read someone else's ramblings about it. The full version is out now, and it's awesome. For those of you who do not wish to read links, it's a medieval RPG, no fantasy elements, and an emphasis on realistic combat, especially mounted combat.

It's also very challenging and loads of fun. There's nothing like slamming an enemy's horse out from under him with a lance, or filling him full of arrows while he chases you in little circles. I usually run about in heavy armor with lance and sword, but I've enjoyed the occasional horse archer character. There's a mod for v 0.960 that puts you down in the middle of the Hundred Years War in France, that one is a blast. I'm hoping it'll be updated soon to the full version.

I want to start seriously playing WAR as well, but due to money constraints that is still delayed. I played the beta, as well as the head-start, and it seriously looks like it will suck me in as bad as WoW ever did, if not more.

I'm also playing a lot of Medieval 2: Total War. Noticing a theme? Yeah, I'm just on a medieval/fantasy kick right now, I normally enjoy a good sci-fi shooter or RTS as much as the next gamer. I played Mass Effect through three times just a few months ago.

Anyway, I have to run to class. I'll probably put up another entry tonight, on recent events and the upcoming election, because we don't already have enough idiots fapping on about it on the internet.:D
Posted in Games
Views 6171 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments