Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Ari

Rate this Entry

Like OMG I like totally died in a protest and stuff.

Posted 10-28-2007 at 10:25 PM by Ari

Yesterday I walked in the anti-war (and apparently pro-palestine) protest in SF for a class field trip (to take pictures of the protest). As if people were confused on SF's position on the war.

Lots of angry people shouting over microphones with people carrying premade signs (handed to them at the rally place) behind them repeating what they were told to say. That doesn't sound too cynical, right?

I participated in the "die-in" on Market street. Where everyone layed down on the street symbolizing one of the dead.

I'm a bit biased but I found lovefest to be more love and peace oriented than the protest. I think mainly because it seemed to be practiced more at lovefest and just talked about at the protest.

I took a bunch of photos, most I found were uninspired, mirroring my mood of the protest.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18480 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lame. See, now, protest styles really need to move on from the cliches of the 60s. The World Bank protests had some new era brio to them, but I suppose it's a lot easier to roll over and play dead than to actually put yourself at risk of death and injury.
  2. Old Comment
    I also got to see Cindy sheehan speak, which was as unimpressive as I thought it would be. But don't worry, just because the administration hasn't listened to the public or its own generals obviously means it will listen to crazy liberal protesters.

I love the bay area but some people here are as disconnected as the religious nutjobs.