Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Ari

1. Old Comment

Like OMG I like totally died in a protest and stuff.

I also got to see Cindy sheehan speak, which was as unimpressive as I thought it would be. But don't worry, just because the administration hasn't listened to the public or its own generals obviously means it will listen to crazy liberal protesters.

I love the bay area but some people here are as disconnected as the religious nutjobs.
  2. Old Comment

'Digital Enhancement' and selling prints

Thanks, I may expand it.
  3. Old Comment

'Digital Enhancement' and selling prints

Very interesting blog entry, Ari. This should totally be an article (hint, hint).

The question of what constitutes a photomanip is hotly contested at deviantART. Darkroom modifications can make a lot more changes to the "original picture" than a photoshop filter, after all, and yet, some artists are incensed that their photography pieces might be moved to the photomanip gallery when no digital alterations were made.
  4. Old Comment

Like OMG I like totally died in a protest and stuff.

Lame. See, now, protest styles really need to move on from the cliches of the 60s. The World Bank protests had some new era brio to them, but I suppose it's a lot easier to roll over and play dead than to actually put yourself at risk of death and injury.
  5. Old Comment

Bungie to be Free

Whew! I thought I was going to have to jump off a bridge or something.
  6. Old Comment

Bungie to be Free

Cool. The roomie and I played Halo I and II, and if he decides to get an X-Box when he gets back from Europe we'll be playing Halo III.
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 04:16 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  7. Old Comment

Public places

:laugh:

It's like the runners in Ann Arbor's "Nude Mile" who complain about people taking their pictures. Duh!
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 04:13 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  8. Old Comment

Last semester stuff

Cool pictures, Ari. :thumbup:
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 03:44 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  9. Old Comment

Public places

I'm going to be mean, but that's the mantra of the drama queen. By complaining, she's constantly drawing the group's attention to her. I know this because I do the same thing sometimes. It's a bad habit that's hard to break.
  10. Old Comment

Last semester stuff

What a lovely, colorful, harmonious page. You have a real knack for pattern, Ari. Even the color studies and the pictorials have a strong sense of it.

I think my favorite may be the close-up of the knifed green apple, but if you asked me tomorrow I'd probably pick something else. Great stuff. :thumbup1:
  11. Old Comment

Last semester stuff

Thanks! I really like the composition on 'Light Heads' as well as the sun one. Good stuff!
  12. Old Comment

Intro

A non-battery operated camera is so on my yuletide wishlist. Once again today I was in a position to take some great pics (at the beantown jazz festival--I was less than 10 feet away from vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson) and the dumb batteries in the digital camera pooped out.

I never realized you were a photography major either. Good luck with your edumacation, and soak up lots of that mild california weather for us New Englanders lol
  13. Old Comment

Intro

I didn't know you were a photographer, Ari. That's great. Add me to the chorus of people clamoring to see your work. :cheer:
  14. Old Comment

Intro

Thanks. Sure I'll post some of my work.

Curses, I'm thinking advertising photography to make money, where I might have some creative play but not the stress (or same kind of stress) as say wedding photography. I have a Canon Rebel XTi as my digital and my old Canon RebelG as my film. Although I would like to get a nice old manual film camera, since my digital is the jack of all trades a film camera that doesn't crap out when the battery dies would be nice.
  15. Old Comment

Intro

Slimshady speaks the truth! I'd love to see some of your work as well.

What are you hoping to do once you graduate?
    What camera do you have?
  16. Old Comment

Intro

Hey, good luck with that (the school thingy, not the blogging thingy).

Make sure to post some of your work, I bet I'm not the only one would like to see it!:yup: