Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > viscousmemories

Rate this Entry

Body 4 Life, yo

Posted 06-09-2009 at 03:45 AM by viscousmemories

I started the "Body-for-Life" program today as part of my ongoing effort to lose weight and be healthier. A couple of my sisters and one of my coworkers have had good experiences with this. In fact that same coworker has decided to start the program again because I am, so I have a little moral support at work.

The program is extremely simple and outlined in the aptly titled book "Body for Life". I also bought a cookbook called "Eating for Life", and there look to be some great recipes in there.

In a nutshell, the BFL program consists of a certain diet, weight training and aerobics. Here's the rough outline of the plan:

1. ~45 minutes of weight training 3 days a week
2. 20 minutes of aerobics (interval style) 3 days a week.
3. 6 small meals a day with one "portion" of protein and one portion of carbs (adding a portion of veggies for two of the meals) and 10 cups of water.

...and the best part of all:

No exercise and eat whatever you want and in any quantity one day a week.

Unfortunately I had a hectic weekend so I didn't get all the planning, shopping, etc. done that I needed to get done so I had to wing it on food today. I believe I did good, though. I also intend to do workouts in the mornings but because my back was sore after spending an hour putting together a new weight bench this morning :dopey: I didn't do the workout until after work.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22705 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    i gotta say I love the day off concept and it's something i try to do myself. I think it's good to have that day off every week to give your body a break.
  2. Old Comment
    Yeah there's no way I would even consider a diet that totally excluded pizza, fried chicken, enchiladas, dim sum, and biscuits and gravy; that's just not a price I'm willing to pay.
    Posted 06-09-2009 at 12:20 PM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  3. Old Comment
    This sounds like an interesting diet program that can work. I would assume the weight training and aerobics would occur on alternating days. If my schedule weren't what it was, I'd consider trying it out.
    Posted 06-11-2009 at 07:24 AM by MonCapitan2002 MonCapitan2002 is offline
    Updated 06-11-2009 at 10:44 AM by MonCapitan2002