Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > slimshady2357

Rate this Entry

Having nothing interesting to say.

Posted 10-03-2007 at 02:24 PM by slimshady2357

It was my hope to keep this blog going at least semi-regularly. Unfortunately, it would seem that I just don’t have anything interesting to say. I’m not sure why that should be, really. I’ve learned many interesting things in my life and while it’s true that I’ve forgotten most of them, I'd have thought that a few would still be accessible. And of course that doesn’t even include the possibility of new interesting things happening to me.

I suppose I’m not really a ‘current events’ sort of guy, I don’t follow the news very closely. I live a mostly relaxed, routine and simple existence, which is perfectly lovely as far as I’m concerned. I don’t live well with constant excitement and conflict; it tends to make me feel ill. My work isn’t very interesting. I’m not particularly spectacular at anything (except making buns ;)). I’m not excessively generous or volunteering. I don’t have strong political leanings. I’m not on the cutting edge of science or technology.

You may be wondering ‘What the hell did you think your were going to blog about’? I don’t know, I suppose I thought things would just come up. Well, things are not coming up. At least nothing I feel is really worth a blog entry. There are loads of lovely things happening in my life, but I guess they just don’t move me to write about them. I think I will either have to blog very occasionally, or lower my expectations in regards to what is ‘blog worthy’
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 26955 Comments 6 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I vote for "lower your expectations" :) IMHO blog entries don't have to necessarily contain the most groundbreaking or jaw dropping things. It's amazing what can get a conversation started, even if it's just what you had for dinner.
  2. Old Comment
    Definitely lower your expectations. I know I'd love to hear about the lovely things. Not only are they worth a blog entry, they're exactly what blogs are for, imo.

Besides, any dirt you can give us on Sou is always a Good Thing(TM). :giggle:
  3. Old Comment
    Your blog is worthwhile just so I can see the shaggy cow! I love that cow! One of my all time favorite books was about a guy that lived alone on a farm with his cow. A simple life, like a single rain drop on a leaf can be more spell binding and lasting in ones mind than just a storm.
  4. Old Comment
    I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. Remember that ancient curse: May you live in interesting times? That's me.
  5. Old Comment
    Another vote for "lower your expectations", and I'm telling myself as much as you. I've been intending to start blogging since I installed this add-on, but haven't thought of anything "blog worthy" myself.
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 03:51 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, I hope to lower my standards soon! :yup: