Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Best and Worst and What-not of the Decade

Posted 01-08-2010 at 08:22 AM by BrotherMan

... or how I learned to start worrying and love to hate the Bomb.

It's totally en vogue for folks across the webonets to post their favorite movies from the last ten years. Sometimes broken down by year or braving the depths and finding the rarified few that totally pleased them for the whole ten years. One could call it a meme if they wanted to. I don't care about web trends or calling them memes except to sound better than I really am.

I started the process by simply...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

An Arf-Arf Here and a Meow-Meow There... E I E I O!

Posted 10-22-2009 at 03:46 PM by Shelli

Due to the Great Pumpkin Shortage of 2009, I ordered Sunday and received today, a case of 6 - 6 pound, 10 ounce cans of Libby's canned pumpkin from TheWEBstaurant store. :jack: After shipping costs were factored in, I paid exactly, per ounce, what I would have paid at the supermarket. Everywhere else I found on the net was more expensive. :payup:

I also found a local store that sells a variety of ethnic foods, including Asian, to buy the tofu at a much cheaper price. There, I can...
ŧiggermonkey
Posted in Fur Kids
Old

An Arf-Arf Here and a Meow-Meow There... E I E I O!

Posted 10-22-2009 at 03:45 PM by Shelli

Since this thread that I created in response to a question isn't going anywhere, I've decided to move the two posts to my blog and post any further comments here. :user:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
This thread is an offshoot from the What's up with you? thread. :yes:

Recently, I've thought about starting a thread on the health care of cats and dogs and this seemed like an opportune time, not to mention, I didn't want to derail the other thread. :train:

ŧiggermonkey
Posted in Fur Kids
Old

Photos by Me

Posted 10-10-2009 at 04:59 AM by BrotherMan

By a stroke of lucky genius, I have found my photos!

This first set is from a wedding in 2005.

I'm most proud of this one. Mostly because I did some good shooping to get this look.

The venue was someone's backyard garage. Certainly not the best place to stage an impromptu photo shoot! A sad number of photos turned out too dark. This is one that happened to...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Coastal Redwood

Posted 08-22-2009 at 05:12 AM by Crumb (Cream of The Crap)

We stopped by a few different redwood parks on our trip back north through California last week. We saw a lot of big trees like this one:

We liked it so much we went and bought one of our own. Here it is freshly planted. :bonsai:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigTreeSmall.jpg
Views:	6275
Size:	834.9 KB
ID:	13   Click image for larger version

Name:	Redwood small.jpg
Views:	6186
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	14  
Adequately Crumbulent
Posted in Plants