Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Best and Worst and What-not of the Decade

Posted 01-08-2010 at 08:22 AM by BrotherMan

... or how I learned to start worrying and love to hate the Bomb.

It's totally en vogue for folks across the webonets to post their favorite movies from the last ten years. Sometimes broken down by year or braving the depths and finding the rarified few that totally pleased them for the whole ten years. One could call it a meme if they wanted to. I don't care about web trends or calling them memes except to sound better than I really am.

I started the process by simply...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Photos by Me

Posted 10-10-2009 at 04:59 AM by BrotherMan

By a stroke of lucky genius, I have found my photos!

This first set is from a wedding in 2005.

I'm most proud of this one. Mostly because I did some good shooping to get this look.

The venue was someone's backyard garage. Certainly not the best place to stage an impromptu photo shoot! A sad number of photos turned out too dark. This is one that happened to...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

City of Heroes and You

Posted 12-12-2008 at 06:39 PM by BrotherMan
Updated 12-12-2008 at 09:18 PM by BrotherMan

Communicating in City of Heroes
A Visual Guide (visual part of the guide to be edited in later)

Welcome to City of Heroes, an expansive and exhilarating experience where you can fulfill your desire to kick the shit out of evil doers!

You are not alone! There are thousands of people who want to do the same thing! How can we align all these desires to do good?

There are dozens of ways to let those around you know you exist and are capable! And...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Two for one!

Posted 12-30-2007 at 07:49 PM by BrotherMan

Now that the end of the year is upon us, I'm reviewing what I saw and what I want to see. Hey, it's either that or clip my toenails.

Movies for 2008

Not a complete list. I can't tell looking at names what may or may not strike my fancy.

Dungeon Siege – I played the original game. I feel like it's Geek Code to have to see this.

Cloverfield – This better not be like how I hear Lost is. All build up and no resolve. I like JJ Abrams, he...
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You can hate me now.

Posted 12-30-2007 at 07:37 PM by BrotherMan

I know you've been waiting with baited breath, so here it is. My year in movies. I left out rentals because they just don't count. And I didn't watch very many.
  1. Transformers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's just robots beating the crap out of each other. I shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. But I did enjoy it. A lot.

2. Harry Potter :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

This movie was everything
A Very Gentle Bort
Posted in Uncategorized