Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
Rate this Entry

I forgot about blogs!

Posted 11-29-2007 at 07:12 PM by curses

It looks like I have a lot of reading and commenting to do.

I just bought my husband the coolest book for Christmas. It's Frank Lloyd Wright in Pop up. It's full of popup buildings, it's soo cool :excited: I also furthered my gargoyle and egyptian cat collection. Hooray for "antique" stores.

Also..we've finally figured out what's wrong with my car. The whole entire hybrid system is shot. Now I'm 500 miles short of the end of the electrical system's warranty, so that bit's covered :relieved: Basically it means that the small battery that powers the starter and computers is shot (special 12V one), the large high voltage battery that powers the car is shot, several computer systems have been replaced just in case, and the reprogramming of the rest of the system to accommodate the new computer as well.

What's not covered, however, is the transmission, which is completely shot. Now it's not a normal automatic transmission. Oh no, this is a special one designed just for the first generation Prius( Prii?) Here's a pretty good lesson in the variable transmission that the Prius uses, if anyone's interested. Needless to say, it's a $9k fix including parts and labor.

We've been on the phone again with Toyota, Inc to see if they'll help pay for this. I started having issues with the transmission (that's been the problem all along) just 500 miles after the warranty expired, and I have the documentation to prove it :pleased: So here's hoping Toyota will at least meet us half way (if not cover the whole cost of the transmission). They're supposed to call us back tomorrow.

But here's a lesson I'm glad I learned..People, keep the receipts and printouts from all work you have done on your car!! Not only does it help the resale value (proving how well the car's been maintained), but it can help with future repairs as well!

OK, now I've really got to start cranking on the secret santa gift. it's taking longer to make than I thought!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22274 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You're not really selling me on a hybrid, you know.
  2. Old Comment
    A wise move, as the second generation ones are just now hitting their stride. New technology always has a few glitches in its first few runs.
  3. Old Comment
    What's the latest news on this?