Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Skydin

Rate this Entry

Suicide.

Posted 04-26-2008 at 09:34 AM by Skydin

What the fuck, everyone? Why is it everyone seems to be talking about killing themselves lately? Its probably just me, but it seems like on every forum I go to, someones discussing suicide in some form or another. Am I the only one bothered by this? Killing yourself isnt something to be talking about. Death isnt something I fear, but its not like killing yourself. I want to die after I've actually accomplished something and I want to die doing something worthwhile. Not in some cheezy, overly romanticised way like most peoples death-scenes.

This is from a thread on another forum.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthais777
Sucide is a selfish, horrific waste of life. That is what i've come to believe, what i've come to understand. it's why, no matter how much i'll contemplate it, i'll never do it. Because i'm being selfish, pathetic, and a coward. No matter what happens to me, someone has it worse and is surviving. No matter what depths of hell i drop to, i can fight on. And i will, for those who love me, and for myself, so that my life will not be a footnote, and my death will not be a waste.
I'm strongly tempted to slit my wrists for that statement alone. If suicide's such a cowardly thing to do, why don't you try it? I don't think you have the guts. And selfish? The f*** does that mean? If you feel so beholden to others that you won't kill yourself, you're nothing more than a puppet. Everyone deserves the right to suicide. No-one has any right to dictate to you what you do to yourself.
I call bullshit.

Everyone has the right to it, yes. But everyone, EVERYONE, you interact with, whether you like it or not, influences the course of your life in some way, no matter how small. You wouldnt even be aware of it, but what people say can effect your mood, your philosiphy, or a handful of other important things depending on what it is you talk about.

Its not a right, its an unavoidable fact.

And, it is the cowards way out. Me for instance. I'm not fucking weak enough to give in to the pressures and depressions this life gives me, because by my way of thinking, if I surrender, they win, and things that stupid, wrong, or morally disgusting do not deserve victory of any kind.

So long as I'm alive, I'm fighting, and I'm fucking living. It's everything I am, and I have no longing to become nothing. I've seen what nothing is, I see is about 3 times a year, based on just how depressed my mother gets over the winter, and to be honest, it disgusts me.

I dont fear pain, or death, but I'm not ready for them, because I still want to do things, the world isnt a good place, and before I die I want to at least try to make some sort of difference. I cant do that dead. Even if its just in one little corner of my shitty little town. If theres nothing I can do, great, fuck you, I'm still trying.

Suicide isnt a right, its a weakness. Its something people need to get over, just another form of stupidity. There are situations where its perfectly acceptable to be stupid, but very few people actually encounter thsoe in their lifetimes, at least, not to that degree of stupidity.

If you still listening, as for selfishness, so... its a good thing if you leave people who loved you, people you actually care about, just left with your death when there was no good real reason for you to take it? Is it that you enjoy seeing those you care about hurt, or are you so morally decayed that you just dont care?

I'm sorry if I seem overly agressive, this is a bit of a sore spot for me. I love my mom, but at the same time, I resent her, and I cant stand the way she gets when she gets like this. Its absolute bullshit and everyone but the people living it know it.
Now, obviously I have some issues with suicide. But, still. Who thinks about that kind of thing, and why would you want to?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9669 Comments 3 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think about suicide and just dying in general quite a lot, not so much about committing suicide myself, but about the topic in general. Why? I guess I'm just wired that way. I blame god.
  2. Old Comment
    I remember when I wanted to. They called it depression. The simple fact was, my life actually, really did suck at the time, and getting out of it would be incredibly difficult. Now that I actually am out of it, I feel a great deal better.

It's not always a 'phase'. Sometimes people are genuinely miserable.
  3. Old Comment
    I'm naturally depressive, I dont see a therapist or take medication, and I've had to directly intervene in order to stop my mom from commiting suicide. So, yeah. Iknow about being miserable.

That said, Since I've written that, I've calmed down a little on the subject... a little.