Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

My random thoughts for the day

Posted 04-18-2008 at 01:29 AM by biochemgirl

I was thinking on the way to work this morning...just when the hell did I become an adult? What the hell..I have a J-O-B. Not just a job but a career even! I have a mortgage, I have a car payment, I have bills to pay. I'm all like adult-y and I didn't even know it. Here I am just plugging away and I didn't even realize I'm like...*gasp*.... a grown up! O.k, o.k., not that I didn't know this...but realizing it is just another thing all together. It's not like I haven't been through enough..I...
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's going well

Posted 03-30-2008 at 03:53 PM by biochemgirl

I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 months already. The first month just dragged, but the last month and a half have gone very fast. Of course I've been working a lot and that helps a ton. And I've also been working out a lot too. I've lost about 14 lbs since hubby last saw me and I still have a little less than 2 months to go. I don't think he's going to recognize me :giggle:

I seem to have found my "groove". I'll admit I had spent too much time feeling sorry for myself....
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Yup, just a wee bit excited

Posted 02-27-2008 at 11:28 PM by biochemgirl

I booked my flight to go see the hubby for Memorial Day weekend. :hyper: Yes, yes, I realize that is like 3 months away and he's only been gone a month and a half, but hey, whatever gets ya through the day right?

I'm getting along pretty well. Working a lot. Working this weekend in fact, but I don't mind it. It breaks up the weekends which can be so long. I'm doing a lot of cleaning and organizing of our house. I am going to be painting the living room and dining room here...
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's so quiet..

Posted 02-03-2008 at 08:36 PM by biochemgirl

The first week without hubby was actually, dare I say, kind of nice. It was just nice to have some alone time to think and digest things I suppose. Plus I was so busy catching up from work I hardly had any down time. Then this week it started to get very quiet. I ended up going home to my mom and dad's for the weekend to just get out of the house for a bit. It will be better when spring hits and it warms up and I can actually get outside. It's just right now in winter stuck in the house that...
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's Iowa Caucuses today..

Posted 01-03-2008 at 12:26 PM by biochemgirl

FINALLY! Maybe Hillary and Romney will stop calling my house five damn times a day each.

I might miss them though, we are best buds now and everything. In the end it's best that they go their way and I go mine. :longing:

:giggle:
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized