Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

First Flight, part 1

Posted 04-15-2008 at 02:36 AM by Crumb (Cream of The Crap)
Updated 04-15-2008 at 08:29 PM by Crumb

My first flight was this Saturday. A beautiful calm day that topped out around 80 degrees. I arrived around 11, but my instructor was still busy with another student. They took to the air soon after I arrived. There was a consistent line of gliders in the staging area and the tow plane was kept busy all day.

The staging area is the end of the runway where three gliders can line up to wait for the tow plane. You use a golf cart to pull your glider over and then when a glider takes...
Adequately Crumbulent
Posted in Flying
Old

Ah, church.

Posted 04-13-2008 at 06:23 PM by wildernesse

I've been semi-attending a new member Sunday school class at the church I have been semi-attending. I figure I got invited because I started semi-tithing once I was gainfully employed, not because I expressed interest in becoming a member.

Anywho, it's been kind of a history of the UMC so far, which is fine. Today, a person talked about it being the End Times and Rapture and what not. (Leading to our pastor saying some emperor thought such and such was a "damn good idea",...
The cat that will listen
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Last Weekend and Next Weekend

Posted 04-02-2008 at 12:40 AM by Crumb (Cream of The Crap)

So I suppose I should follow up my last blog with what occurred last Saturday. It was wet and cold most of the time, but the weather was changing every few minutes. There were 20+ members there and my main contact George said there were about 80-100 in the club each year. (There are annual dues.)

All in all we put together about a dozen gliders. Some belong to the club and some were owned by some members. I learned quite a bit about gliders and was satisfied with the quality control...
Adequately Crumbulent
Posted in Flying
Old

It's going well

Posted 03-30-2008 at 03:53 PM by biochemgirl

I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 months already. The first month just dragged, but the last month and a half have gone very fast. Of course I've been working a lot and that helps a ton. And I've also been working out a lot too. I've lost about 14 lbs since hubby last saw me and I still have a little less than 2 months to go. I don't think he's going to recognize me :giggle:

I seem to have found my "groove". I'll admit I had spent too much time feeling sorry for myself....
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Gliderport

Posted 03-29-2008 at 02:19 AM by Crumb (Cream of The Crap)

Tomorrow I will be going out to the "gliderport" to assist with glider assembly. The cool thing is the gliderport is only 15 minutes away. :) So getting there is not a big deal. Here is a google maps satellite pic of the gliderport:

(click for larger image)

You can see the gliders parked mostly along the southern edge. :yup: and if you look at the right edge you can see a flying...
Adequately Crumbulent
Posted in Flying