Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Gyre

Rate this Entry

TV Free Summer POST 2

Posted 07-04-2008 at 07:11 PM by Gyre

Alright, So in my first post i forgot to mention that i have all 4 seasons of Futurama on DVD so that is my filler entertainment late at night when i can no longer focus on a movie or book.

And the third movie in week one wasn't about alcoholics is was about a an affair of a married man, called Intermezzo, i got that movie as it was the first American performance by Ingrid Bergman, not the greatest film but watching her was nice. It had left out some critical plot points as those would have been immoral for the time it was made.

If you have noticed i have not mentioned many books in my tv free summer posts it's because i have started many and have finished none.
I have 2 novels partially read, and several how to books i have flipped through again and again.

I really love how to books, since i bought a house anyways.

I spend most of my previous TV time in the garden watering, puttering, and trying to determine if some things growing were planted by me in a seeding frenzy or a weed.

if i could figure out how to do pics I will, check the gallery if you are so inclined as i will try posting pics there.

gyre
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13312 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I can show you Monday how to put gallery pics here. :)

What exactly is the difference between movies (or TV on DVD) and TV through your antenna that makes watching DVDs ok when going TV free? :chin:
  2. Old Comment
    TV goes on and on, DVD's end after they are done.
    I could watch TV forever, as my addictive personality will revert to bingeing on whatever is at hand. DVD's end and are not much fun to watch over again forcing me to either find another DVD worth my time or turning the TV off altogether. this sounds like a junkie justifying another fix, i swear the DVD's are it. It's not like i have the complete collection of family guy to watch over and over......

I have posted pics in the gallery, i just have not linked them to this blog yet. I am sure there is some way to do that.