Freethought Forum Freethought Forum

Freethought Forum (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php)
-   News, Politics & Law (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Conservatives say stupid shit (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25470)

beyelzu 08-24-2011 04:54 PM

Conservatives say stupid shit

For anyone who may have said something stupid be they a news radio, fox news or political personality.

I was listening to Neil Bortz this morning and he goes on and on about how stupid people go on to become teachers. He talked about how alot of teachers were in the bottom half of their graduating class. His answer, pull your kids out of public schools and put them in private schools.

:sigh:

Cuz evidently, private schools don't have teachers.

ShottleBop 08-24-2011 05:22 PM

Re: Conservatives say stupid shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyelzu (Post 977294)
For anyone who may have said something stupid be they a news radio, fox news or political personality.

I was listening to Neil Bortz this morning and he goes on and on about how stupid people go on to become teachers. He talked about how alot of teachers were in the bottom half of their graduating class. His answer, pull your kids out of public schools and put them in private schools.

. . . or pay them even less than they get paid in public schools.

ImGod 08-24-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyelzu (Post 977294)

I'm pretty sure that all professions graduate around 50% of their students in the bottom half of their graduating classes.

Kael 08-24-2011 05:33 PM

I heard that 50% of teachers are below the median. :blank:

lisarea 08-24-2011 05:36 PM

I've also heard that teachers take 40% of their "sick days" on Mondays or Fridays.

Sock Puppet 08-24-2011 05:51 PM

This is unacceptable.

Ensign Steve 08-24-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kael (Post 977313)
I heard that 50% of teachers are below the median. :blank:

It's worse than that. Half of their students are below the median as well. It's a vicious cycle! Palin/Bachman '012! :#1:

Escapegoat 08-24-2011 08:58 PM

What happened to not leaving any children behind? I think we should fire any teacher who does not have a solid majority of students in the top 50%.

That'll fix it.

Stephen Maturin 10-07-2011 02:43 AM

Until today I had no idea that liberty, economic prosperity and dwarf tossing were so inextricably linked.

Jerome 10-07-2011 03:07 AM

:KITT:

D. Scarlatti 10-07-2011 04:27 AM

Stupidest thing I heard today was Republican Senator Scott Brown, saying "Thank God" Elizabeth Warren kept her clothes on during college, after she zinged him good about his Cosmo layout. A gentleman would have laughed and acknowledged he got straight out pwned but nope he had to be a prick.

Stormlight 10-07-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin (Post 989237)
Until today I had no idea that liberty, economic prosperity and dwarf tossing were so inextricably linked.

Always remember: people like this get actually voted into office! It boggles the mind.

D. Scarlatti 10-07-2011 02:22 PM

Nervous American Voters Worried About Botching Another Election

thedoc 10-07-2011 03:01 PM

Don't the majority of the voters, vote for the wrong candidate?

Stephen Maturin 10-07-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Scarlatti (Post 989259)
Stupidest thing I heard today was Republican Senator Scott Brown, saying "Thank God" Elizabeth Warren kept her clothes on during college, after she zinged him good about his Cosmo layout.

Hadn't heard about that shit until reading your post! Apparently he made the comment to a couple of dipshit DJs and their idiot audience yesterday morning. If anything, the "analysis" he provided after the comment was even stupider:

Quote:

"You know what, listen: Bottom line is, you know, I didn’t go to Harvard, you know,"
:laugh:

Neither did Warren, but hey, never let facts stand in the way of some catchy anti-intellectual-elite pandering.

Quote:

"I went to the school of hard knocks, and I did whatever I had to do to pay for school"
:laugh:

Tufts University and Boston College Law School will be happy as pigs in shit to know that such a distinguished alumnus considers them "the school[s] of hard knocks." Also, I wonder whether Sen. Brown ever sucked dick for tuition money, seeing as how he did whatever he had to do in order to finance his sojourn through the school of hard knocks.

The funniest part about this idiocy is the timing. Warren made her comment on Tuesday during a debate. Brown horked up his retort two days later during a radio interview. Here's an instance of slow-wittedness being an asset. Brown obviously has no impulse control regarding what he says. Had the "Thank God" comment occurred to him on the spot during the debate, he would have launched it from his shitter right then and there. That might have generated a devastating comeback from Warren, and maybe a lot more ugly political fallout. (Or maybe not. Brown's target audience no doubt loves that sort of shit.)

Watser? 10-07-2011 09:13 PM

Speaking of stupid/vulgar jokes:
Quote:

Italian opposition politicians have been joined by a leading Catholic publication and even government MPs in expressing outrage after Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi joked he was thinking of renaming his political party Forza Gnocca, which translates as Go Pussy.
Berlusconi causes outrage with suggestion to rename party Go Pussy | World news | The Guardian

LadyShea 10-07-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin (Post 989237)

Quote:

"All that it does is prevent some dwarfs from getting jobs they would be happy to get," Workman said.
I :heart: this quote so much it hurts

Watser? 10-07-2011 09:27 PM

The first part of that quote too:
Quote:

"This is an example of Big Brother government."
:sniggle:

Dingfod 10-07-2011 11:30 PM

Based on the OP alone, this thread could be epic.

Mitt Romney says President Romney will reverse those massive Obama military budget cuts that never happened.

lisarea 10-07-2011 11:47 PM

There's a live stream of conservatives saying stupid shit on here, for all those who don't hear it enough in the wild.

Clutch Munny 10-08-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisarea (Post 989534)
There's a live stream of conservatives saying stupid shit on here, for all those who don't hear it enough in the wild.

LOL take the poll on the webpage. Right now it's sitting at 63% "Other". I suspect folks other than the target audience -- um, like me -- are filling out the poll and noticing that "Kicking Dick Cheney in his saggy nuts" is not a formal option.

ChuckF 10-08-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch Munny (Post 989549)
LOL take the poll on the webpage. Right now it's sitting at 63% "Other". I suspect folks other than the target audience -- um, like me -- are filling out the poll and noticing that "Kicking Dick Cheney in his saggy nuts" is not a formal option.

http://i.imgur.com/2Jz1e.png

:frysees:

Stephen Maturin 10-08-2011 01:41 AM

Because all women are one women, goddammit! [insert crying bald eagle photo here]

The 63% "other" vote might also have something to do with the fact that the poll lacks an express Birfer Option. WTF kind of values voter poll lacks an express Birfer Option ffs?!

Angakuk 10-08-2011 02:21 AM

With reference to the Onion article and speaking of saying stupid shit:

"Right now I am leaning toward voting for Herman Cain. Why? Because I like pizza, even bad pizza." - Angakuk

Qingdai 10-08-2011 02:58 AM

Virginia Foxx Republican of N.C., ""I also would like to point out that there was a bill -- the hate crimes bill that's called the Matthew Shepard bill is named after a very unfortunate incident that happened where a young man was killed, but we know that that young man was killed in the commitment of a robbery. It wasn't because he was gay. "
In front of his mom, on the floor of the House of Representatives.

That must be that Southern hospitality that we've heard about, invite someone to your "house" then insult the shit out of their dead relatives.