Freethought Forum Freethought Forum

Freethought Forum (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   drugs (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30017)

Miss Shelby 09-10-2019 09:42 PM

drugs

Has anyone ever used cbd oil?

lisarea 09-10-2019 10:00 PM

Re: drugs

I just started taking some based on a friend's recommendation. She says it really works for her for arthritis. I just got it to see if maybe it helps with sleeping and/or general achiness and stuff, but I can't really tell yet if it's doing anything.

If you get plain CBD without any THC added, it doesn't get you high or anything. For some reason, I heard that dispensaries are only allowed to sell the kind with THC, so I got mine online. (Not at Amazon--they sell fake stuff.)

Ari 09-10-2019 10:32 PM

I know multiple people who use CBD oils and balms for Arthritis.

As pea mentioned, not all oils are created equal so getting from a trusted source is important. I’m not sure where many places are getting it from but in the cannabis plant it is often in an acid form that needs heating or processing to be bioactive. Brands more aware of the chemistry will give you a better result, since it’s not quite the same as essential oils.

For best results it’s best taken with milk or chocolate or something fatty as most the cannabinoids are lipid soluble and will more easily enter your body with some oils or fats. CBD also moderates how THC affects you so the crazy high 1000:1 CBD to THC ratio products shouldn’t provide much of a high effect in comparison to a closer ratio. This also means that while on CBD purposefully getting stoned on weed will be a bit harder and certainly different.

Having tried them, in my experience, 100% pure THC is a different high than 99.9% THC with 0.1%CBD, is a different high than 50% THC with 50% CBD, and is a different high from 1% THC with 99% CBD. While all but the last I would put in ‘being stoned’ they are different enough that a tailoring of ratios is clearly important to get the experience one wants out of these chemicals.

While it’s the new *it* drug, it is still indeed a drug and there are some counter indications when using it, like again my personal experience is that more than a small amount of CBD will cause me minor depression a few days later. (For others it may just help with depression, the science is still out on that). It does most likely interfere with certain psychiatric medications, so if you’re on other meds, double check before starting a constant regime.

The science currently points towards it indeed being a pain blocker and cannabinoids are most likely responsible for things such as the ‘runners high’ as well as other pain signal reduction previously all credited to the opioid system.

Kamilah Hauptmann 09-11-2019 01:24 AM

Certain roadside drug tests can't tell the difference between CBD and THC.

JoeP 09-11-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Shelby (Post 1329450)
Has anyone ever used cbd oil?

Admin warning: as an established user, with a thread title like that you are practically obliged to include commercial links.

Miss Shelby 09-11-2019 05:34 PM

Thanks everyone, this has been informative. I cannot stand the feeling of being stoned on pot, but have heard it works well for insomnia/anxiety. I just don’t want to try it if I am gonna feel weird. Speaking of, it IS strange they don’t sell it legally unless it contains THC. But anyhoo, yeah feel free to change the name of the thread to medication or pot free pot or legal THC, admin if need be . THANKS GUYS

ZEZOZE 09-13-2019 12:46 AM

dammit.

this thread lead me on.