Freethought Forum Freethought Forum

Freethought Forum (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   TIME DOES NOT EXIST (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29212)

Awareness 11-13-2015 09:43 AM

TIME DOES NOT EXIST

2 Attachment(s)
Time does not exist, it is just a ignorant clock.

Attachment 10005

What exists are moments, there is no past.

Attachment 10006

And future of course still has to be made.

Having new standards is a good way to get in touch with reality

bobsavegan 11-13-2015 10:09 AM

Re: TIME DOES NOT EXIST

I disagree.

When I was 21 and a freshman in college I wrote this poem...

Time and Time Again

The past is the present,
But only to assist.

The present is the future,
Toward which it must persist.

The future become the present,
And seems like its been missed.

Till it fades into the past,
And there is reminisced.

ceptimus 11-13-2015 10:11 AM

Time is the thing that stops everything occurring all at once.

Awareness 11-13-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsavegan (Post 1242393)
I disagree.

When I was 21 and a freshman in college I wrote this poem...

Time and Time Again

The past is the present,
But only to assist.

The present is the future,
Toward which it must persist.

The future become the present,
And seems like its been missed.

Till it fades into the past,
And there is reminisced.

You can change the poem this moment but not in the past it does not exist any more.

The future still has to be written .

Are you aware of yourself Bob? How about if i ask what kind of tone is your reading voice? Or what kind of tone is your thinking voice.

Try at least to be aware of everything, you replied much too quick.

Awareness 11-13-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceptimus (Post 1242394)

Time is just a dumb counting clock, in reality there is not even a beginning so you can not stop what never began..........

Being aware of the moment you are totally in, be aware of every single you call little thing.

What only exists is the moment, and if you are alone , then it is totally your's

Dingfod 11-13-2015 12:07 PM

It's like listening to myself when I'm drunk.

Vivisectus 11-13-2015 12:48 PM

DRUNK DOES NOT EXIST

Awareness 11-13-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingfod (Post 1242410)
It's like listening to myself when I'm drunk.

No way you're listening when you are drunk Diongfod, although somes time the truth comes out when you are drunk......

Dingfod 11-13-2015 01:15 PM

EN VINO VERITAS, right?

Awareness 11-13-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivisectus (Post 1242415)
DRUNK DOES NOT EXIST

Being drunk exists Vivisectus, sometimes the proof lies on the floor or on your clothes.

There are many things , concepts, etc that just do not exist.

TIME DOES NOT EXIST, we just made that up.

Nature would say : "What is that time? "

It is dumb ignorant measurement.

The past does not exist, we made that up, and the future still has to be made.

My parents Elvis, martin and John do also not exist any more and yet you want the past to be still there.

That is why also i think that scientists were deprived of the tit, well some of them then

Vivisectus 11-13-2015 03:21 PM

Nope. Doesn't exist. just the souls of different drinks, floating about in your brain. Also it is just society telling you you are drunk. I would think you understood that. But then again understanding does not exist.

Dingfod 11-13-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awareness (Post 1242421)
The past does not exist, we made that up, and the future still has to be made.

The past no longer exists, but it was once the present. OR WAS IT? Dun-dun-dun!

Awareness 11-13-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingfod (Post 1242419)
EN VINO VERITAS, right?

RINGO, right?

Dingfod 11-13-2015 04:28 PM

:cowboy:

Awareness 11-13-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingfod (Post 1242459)

:cowboy:

Age quod agis.

Quote:

Doc : In vino veritas.
Ringo : Age quod agis.
Doc : Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.
Ringo : Juventus stultorum magister.
Doc : In pace requiescat!

Doc : In wine there is truth.

Doc Holiday is excusing his own behavior here, and further insulting Johnny Ringo by saying that he is drunk, and saying truthful things he would otherwise not reveal. He had previously said he hated Johnny Ringo for being similar to himself.

Ringo : Do what you do / Watch what you do.

This is one of the most interesting lines because it means more than just watch what you do. The line can be interpreted as be careful, or people do what they do (saying that Doc Holiday is drunk because he is a drunkard), and it can also mean something along the lines of do what you do best, which would be gunfight since Ringo had apparently heard of Holiday's skill. It is a challenge and an insult combined into one.

Doc : Tell it to someone else, not I.

This line is dismissive. Doc Holiday is conveying the fact that he doesn't care what Johnny Ringo is saying and that he doesn't care what his advice is.

A common Latin saying meaning "Let the Jew Apella believe it; not I". The phrase means, roughly, tell it to someone else, not me.

The reference is taken from the work Satires (book one, satire five) by ancient poet Horace. It is derived from a scene where people try to convince travellers of miracles happening at their shrines. The phrase is uttered to convey the disbelief and that they should tell their stories to someone else.

Ringo : Youth is the teacher of fools.

When Ringo taps his pistol he says this, which conveys the idea that Doc Holiday is inexperienced (youthfull) and ignorant of the danger he is getting himself into.

"Juventus stultorum magister" is a common Latin aphorism, or phrase that has many implied and implicit meanings. The sentance translates to "youth is the teacher of fools".

Juventus isn't really a latin word, they didn't use the letter 'J' so it is really Iuventus, which is in the nominative case (subject of the sentence), and it means youth or adolescence.

Stultorum is a latin derivation of the word stultus, stulti which means fool. The "orum" ending places it in the genative case, used (most frequently) to show possesion. Hence of fools.

Magister literally means teacher or schoolmaster. It is in the Nominative case as well.

There is an implied transitive verb such as "is" which would require the nominative case on both sides of the verb. Hence we have: "Youth is the teacher of fools".

Doc : Rest in peace!

To end the conversation Doc Holiday throws the previous warning back into Ringo's face. Doc tells him to rest in peace, or to die, because Ringo is unaware of the danger that Doc presents.

bobsavegan 11-13-2015 06:42 PM

In vino veritas

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In vino veritas is a Latin phrase that means "in wine, truth."

The expression, together with its counterpart in Greek, "Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια" (En oinōi alētheia), is found in Erasmus' Adagia, I.vii.17.[1] Pliny the Elder's Naturalis historia contains an early allusion to the phrase.[2] The Greek expression is traced back to a poem by Alcaeus.[3]

Herodotus asserts, and it is likely enough, that if the Persians decided something while drunk, they made a rule to reconsider it when sober. Authors from Herodotus onwards, however, have dared to add that if the Persians made a decision while sober, they made a rule to reconsider it when they were drunk (Histories, book 1, section 133).[4]

The Roman historian Tacitus described how the Germanic peoples kept council at feasts, where they believed that drunkenness prevented the participants from dissembling.[5]

The phrase is often continued as, "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas", i.e., "In wine there is truth, in water there is health."

Dingfod 11-13-2015 08:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3vK3zQk.jpg

ShottleBop 11-13-2015 11:20 PM

:headasplode:

Awareness and bobsavegan are two different posters! (Until now, I hadn't seen them posting in the same thread, and my visual memory is sometimes poor enough that I didn't notice that Awareness wasn't simply a shaven bobsavegan. Also, "Awareness" seems like the kind of name bobsavegan might choose for himself, should he ever decide that bobwasavegan.)

JoeP 11-14-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShottleBop (Post 1242506)
a shaven bobsavegan

:giggle:

bobsavegan 11-14-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeP (Post 1242519)
Quote:

a shaven bobsavegan

:giggle:

Wishing and hoping...never will happen!

Iacchus 11-17-2015 12:50 AM

But 11-17-2015 04:10 AM

Quote:

:headasplode:

Awareness and bobsavegan are two different posters! (Until now, I hadn't seen them posting in the same thread, and my visual memory is sometimes poor enough that I didn't notice that Awareness wasn't simply a shaven bobsavegan. Also, "Awareness" seems like the kind of name bobsavegan might choose for himself, should he ever decide that bobwasavegan.)

No, no, no. The styles are completely different. You have to know your Freethought Forum uhm.. er.. uh..

Awareness 11-17-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceptimus (Post 1242394)

Time is a dumb ignorant ticking clock, only one moment exists

Iacchus 11-18-2015 06:30 AM

Time and space by itself doesn't require any measurement, and seems to get along just fine, except for those silly human beings! :D

Awareness 11-21-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iacchus (Post 1242769)
Time and space by itself doesn't require any measurement, and seems to get along just fine, except for those silly human beings! :D

Man gave a moment a measurement and they called it time Iacchus, science is very much afraid to give space dimensions, so they conjured up a half assed story that space is expanding.

IF MAN GAVE SPACE DIMENSIONS THAN MAN WOULD HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT THEY ARE WITHHOLDING BEHIND THE WALLS !!

I MAN SAYS THAT SPACE HAS NO DIMENSIONS THAN GOD FINALLY HAS ARRIVED , AND THUS EXIST AND IS OF COURSE OUR MAKER !!