View Single Post

Old 08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
puzzler

Question Poker: Table I, Game I

Okay, here we go. I intend to use RCC's (RCC is aka suddenly) rules, as he seems to know what he's doing - these are in the linky from the opening post, but I'll try and explain them as we go along, as most of us here are forum poker newbies.

I'm a newbie at texas holdem myself. If I do something stupid, I'm sure you'll let me know, and we'll sort the problem out, or start over if things are ruined.

There is a beginners introduction to the rules of texas holdem here

Each of us has 20 chips to start. I'll explain what the numbers and letters mean below. We're seated at the table like this:

Hand 1 preflop

1. livius drusus (20)D
2. Leesifer (19)sb Post 1
3. Widget (18)bb Post 2
4. beyelzu (20)
5. viscousmemories (20)
6. godfry n. glad (20)
7. quiet bear (20)
8. D. Scarlatti (20)
9. Godwhacker (20)
0. slimshady2357 (20)

The numbers in brackets are how many chips you have left - most of you have 20, but Lees and Widget have already put some chips in the pot - see below. liv is the Dealer for the first hand - that's what the D means. 'Hand 1 Preflop' means that this is the first hand you've been dealt, and you've not seen the community cards yet that everyone shares to make the complete hand (these are called the flop).

Lees and Widget have 'posted the blinds.' As they are seated next to the dealer, they have to put a predetermined number of chips in the pot to get things going. Lees is the 'small blind' for this hand and has had to put one chip in the pot, Widget is the 'big blind' and has put two chips in.

As soon as I've posted this, I'll be PM-ing you your two-card hand, and then we then have a round of betting (called the 'pre-flop') before you get to see any more cards.

The player after the big blind, beyelzu in this instance, will be the first to act. He can either raise, call or fold - he does this by posting in this thread - then it's vm's turn and so on... Don't post out of turn, please be patient.

You can pm or email people to remind them that it's their turn to act. People can also PM me, if they know in advance what they intend to do, and I'll post for them.

If you decide to raise, please say what you're raising to, rather than how much you're raising - this makes it easier for others to know the current bet, without tracking back. The first round of betting might go something like this:

beyelzu "fold"
viscousmemories "raise it to 5"
godfry n. glad "fold"
quiet bear "fold"
D. Scarlatti "raise it to 8"
Godwhacker "fold"
slimshady2357 "call"
livius drusus "fold"
Leesifer "call"
Widget "fold"
viscousmemories "call"

In this example, Scarlatti was the last person to bet, the preflop action concludes when we get back to him, and then we'll move onto the next stage.

I'll start a parallel thread for questions and comments now - please keep this thread just for your game actions - so that it's easy for everyone to follow the play.

Okay, first to post, once he gets his cards is beyelzu, then vm, then godfry, and so on...

Page generated in 0.35413 seconds with 10 queries