Thread: Weird Dream(s)
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Last night I had a nightmare, which is rare. Night terrors I have, but rarely nightmares. I was in my bedroom, but instead of my single bed near the wall I was in a double bed in the center of the room. Other than that the room was the same, including the TV and VCR that have only been in there for about a week. In the dream the sound of the VCR turning on woke me up and the time was 4:47. There's no lighted clock in my room, but there was in the dream.

Then someone knocked on my bedroom door, loudly. I got up and walked to the door, but even in the dream I was still half asleep. I opened the door and said, "Who the - who the hell are you?" Or rather tried to say it, none of the words were really coming out and it felt like my teeth were clenched. Then I screamed and said, "Wake up! Wake up!" and then I woke up. I never saw who the person at the door was. I often have this thing in dreams where I can't see anything and when I try to open my eyes I open them for real and wake up. This was one of those things.

I'm not sure why I was sure the person at the door was a threat. Usually when I dream there is someone in the house, it's a sibling who has a key so there's no fear. Last night it was definitely a stranger and scary. Could be because I was sick yesterday. Illness often sets off my sleep disorder as well as causing nightmares.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (07-20-2010)

Page generated in 0.14835 seconds with 11 queries