View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

Default Re: Video Games - Watcha playin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
How's RF: G play? That's on my short list of games to try.

Currently playing the free version of Pocket Tanks, which I discovered my brother had downloaded to my iPhone. For some reason, a ballistics duel with gimmicky cartoon weapons is extremely entertaining.
I like it and I'm not a big fan of first person shooters (well actually 3rd person in the game, but still).

Big bonus is you can pretty much blow the shit out of everything. Hearing bones crack as you club a EDF soldier with a sledgehammer or run him over with a vehicle is a nice touch as well.

ETA: I do have a couple of small things I don't like.

Number 1 is you carry far to little ammo for you main weapon. 120 rounds (3 clips) for a fully auto weapon is not enough. This means you have to dodge through a hail of return fire to grab ammo off dead EDF troopers.

Number 2 is the spawn rate of EDF troops. It can get ridiculous. The longer you stay in an area blowing crap up the more troops show up. While it's realistic that the EDF would call in backup, having 10-12 troopers show up 30 seconds after you hit a check point can be a pain in the ass.

Number 3, while the AI of your fellow guerrillas is not too bad, they do still have a tendency to walk through my line of fire then the RF gets pissed when you kill a civilian.

Last edited by Zehava; 06-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Thanks, from:
Adam (06-17-2009)

Page generated in 0.18675 seconds with 11 queries