Thread: Climategate 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 02:03 PM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Default Re: Climategate 2.0

Yes, I have a fairly good idea of Antarctic climate. I spend a lot of time on reading about climate in general. What I've learnt of it, even 50 F is quite warm, even on the peninsula. Average summer temp in the warmest parts is approximately freezing.

Look just below the headline. "Scientists describe 20.75C logged at Seymour Island as ‘incredible and abnormal".

I see nothing wrong with noting new milestones. I see nothing wrong with noting harbingers of things to come. If they tend to sound alarming, maybe we should be alarmed. That's why I find it humorous when deniers accuse the observant as being alarmist. Well, yes, and the situation is quite alarming, we should be paying attention and reacting.

As to, yes, but it was record cold in Sheboygan, well, they're going to do that in any case, aren't they? Never mind that the ratio of record highs to record lows is skewed heavily in favor of highs. They won't mention that.

Offering my own opinion, I find it potentially disturbing that these extreme readings, along with the similarly alarming recent readings in Australia, are occurring in the southern hemisphere, where the preponderance of ocean to land mass is thought to have a moderating effect on the rate of warming, but that is just my amateur reflection on the situation.
Crumb (02-18-2020), The Man (02-16-2020)

Page generated in 0.14223 seconds with 11 queries