Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Retirement

So far, I am so busy I haven't had time to enjoy not working. Today, I went to a furniture store to buy a new bed frame to replace the one I broke when trying to move it so I can paint the bedroom. Then we went to Costco to buy a couple of things, ended up buying a couple dozen. I went home to take Dylan to track practice. I know the only reason he is in track is a girl because he was wearing cologne to track practice. While Dylan was showing off for the girl, I put a tarp over the chimney ahead of the upcoming rains, because I haven't scheduled a chimney sweep to come repair the chimney cap that leaks rainwater onto the ceiling of our den. Costco had LED spotlights on sale, subsidized by our electric company, so I bought one dozen, to replace all the incandescent, halogen, and CFF lights that weren't working on the outside of our house. 10 of 12 are working, the other two may need new wiring thanks to squirrels that lived in our attic one winter. After picking up Dylan, I kicked ass at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on TV, if i had been a contestant instead of a guy sitting in an easy chair at home. Then I ordered Dylan's requested weapons and armor for Airsoft. I will be taking over his two M1911 Colt and M16 rifle airsoft weapons, fully intending to kick his and those other punks' asses on the Airsoft field. I then piled the broken bed frame on the brush pile. Cleaned stuff out of the gutters. Went to Walmart to pick up a 110 pound barbell set and a 40 pound dumbbell set, both of which I carried into the house, the heavier of which while thinking, "Damn, I used to carry more than this around with me all the time a year ago." Then I took my wife to a bar, got her drunk, then came home and started watching Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. Welcome to my day.
Ensign Steve (04-15-2018), ImGod (03-22-2018), JoeP (03-22-2018), Kyuss Apollo (03-23-2018), lisarea (03-22-2018), Qingdai (04-09-2018), ShottleBop (04-11-2018), The Man (04-07-2018)

Page generated in 0.16424 seconds with 11 queries