View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 06:21 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

I'm sorry everbody. I can't give a truly honest review of the Black Panther movie. I've let you all down. I let myself get way too hype for it and, as one might expect, it couldn't live up to that.

It definitely is a very Marvel movie. If you are into that kind of thing, it is more of that. If you're not, you already know you won't like it, even in spite of its new subject matter.

One of my favorite parts of Civil War, when T'Challa was introduced, was how they had to condense his relationship with is father into a few words and a couple of gestures. I didn't need to see a translation on the screen when he called his father Baba. It was captured as perfectly as such a thing could be.

There is more of that here. There is pomp and ceremony and official royal stuff, but it is carried along with the familial-ness that family - and not just bloodline family - means to at least the American black experience.

There isn't any one scene that stands out that says "this is why you should see this movie." There's more of a characterization that stands tall for why I enjoyed the movie, and the character: It's about a good man doing the right thing, even when the consequences are personal - and maybe even because the consequences are personal and necessary.

Stan Lee put it a little more succinctly: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-19-2018), Dingfod (02-20-2018), slimshady2357 (02-18-2018), Sock Puppet (02-19-2018), The Lone Ranger (02-18-2018), The Man (02-18-2018)

Page generated in 0.23835 seconds with 11 queries