Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
they just reflexively insist that anything supported by "Liberals" must be bad.
The GOP has managed to tap into what at it's base is tribalism, and often seen in sports. GO OAKLAND RAIDERS! FUCK YOU LA LAKERS! Why? Well the Raiders are here (well not for long, corporations don't have loyalty) and the Lakers aren't. So they're my team! I rub my lucky soccer ball 3 times clockwise every game to help them win! The Lakers face off against the Raiders to compete with the rest of the country, so I hate them! Er something like that. The details don't really matter, only that I identify enough with a team to feel like their wins are mine, which then makes it easier to justify whatever attempts at cheating my team makes, while condemning the other side for the same. I of course have no effect on the game whatsoever and don't even realize I'm getting swindled and pay twice for every ticket.

Now you get a group of people that feel like they are losing and can't deal with it and suddenly they will do all sorts of stupid things to feel like they are winners. Since of course the bottom line is politics is all about emotion and very little about facts.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-06-2017), Crumb (03-05-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-05-2017), SharonDee (03-07-2017), Sock Puppet (03-05-2017), Stormlight (03-06-2017), The Lone Ranger (03-05-2017), The Man (03-05-2017)

Page generated in 0.26378 seconds with 11 queries