Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Stoic Derelict

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
So, what have we seen recently? Not necessarily in chronological order:
  • Trump threatened Ecuador for no reason that seems to make a lick of sense -- other than that he fears what might happen if Julian Assange is extradited to the U.S. and testifies regarding the 2016 election.
  • Trump held a 2-hour, closed-door meeting with Putin.
  • Trump, upon being asked about the U.S.'s biggest foe replied that it was -- the European Union.
  • Trump publicly declared that he trusted Putin's assurance that Russia hadn't meddled in the 2016 election over the unanimous conclusions of the U.S. security agencies.
  • Upon receiving lots of backlash against that statement, even from Republicans, he reversed the claim.
  • Then he reiterated that no, he wasn't convinced that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election.
  • Putin, when directly asked if he had wanted Trump to win the 2016 election, and if he'd helped arrange that outcome, answered "Yes" to the first part and pointedly refused to answer the second part.
  • Trump has been going out of his way recently to belittle and antagonize our allies and NATO in particular, while fawning over Putin.

Even if Trump didn't personally collude with Russia, and even if he didn't tacitly approve of collusion between members of his election team and Russia, it seems all but impossible to deny that the Russians clearly have something on Trump. Trump has all but openly declared himself to be Putin's lap dog.

Not that this seems to matter to his supporters. In the past week or so, I've seen several variations on the theme of "So what if Trump colluded with Russia? If he did, then good on Putin for saving us from a Hillary Clinton presidency!".

Ugh.
I've been thinking of writing my Republican Congressman and asking him if he's okay with all this, but really, would it accomplish anything? I haven't heard a peep from him on the subject. I'll just cast my vote. He's up this year.
The Lone Ranger (07-22-2018)

Page generated in 0.19781 seconds with 11 queries