View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Jones says that liberals think they believe that those who put their values over their money are noble people and not idiots. Yet we (some of us) call working class white republicans "stupid" for voting against their economic interest.

I think that's a thing. I think Jones has a point.
He does have a point, and I agree with him on that. I've always been a little skeeved when people assume everyone has selfish motives for everything they say and do.

Not that I'm a liberal or a progressive or whatever group he's lecturing to there, but I don't think all conservatives or all Republicans are stupid or evil. I think Trump supporters are, though, because he does not have or represent a defensible moral stance of any sort. He campaigned on a platform that was based on fear, entitlement, and ignorance, and that's what his supporters voted for, whether they realize it or not. I do believe that a lot of them are just plain dumb, but not for voting against their economic interests. They're dumb for voting for Trump, who is liar, a buffoon, and a known con man.

And even Trump supporters are not all ACTUAL NAZIS. The actual Nazis don't have any ideals anyone of us need to try to understand in any deeper sense than an exterminator needs to try to understand the ways of termites.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-11-2018), mickthinks (07-11-2018), slimshady2357 (07-11-2018), Sock Puppet (07-11-2018), The Man (07-11-2018)

Page generated in 0.34915 seconds with 11 queries