View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Default Re: Video Games - Watcha playin'?

Well finally I'm playing something rather than watching someone else play or playing it with our son.

Or at least I'm playing the demo for now.

It is called The Binding of Isaac, and the plot and theme are very twisted and grotesque. Despite that it is a fascinating 2-D top-down game with randomly generated maps and tons of weirdness that make it kind of fascinating to me. I watched someone else play it first on You Tube, and then tried the demo, which is only two maps, but it took me about 50 runs just to make it through the demo to the end. And it is still pulling me in to attempt more runs; different creatures, items, rooms, and results keep showing up.

I really can't play it with our son in the room though; it is cartoonish but disturbing in content.

Anybody run a Mac with Windows so they can use Steam? If so, was it worth it?

I have a PC base to build off next year (I need to hook up a keyboard, monitor, maybe upgrade the video card, maybe pick up a bigger hard drive, and get Windows for it, plus I know very little of my way 'round the hardware so baby steps) that I planned to set up for PC games, rather than try to add Windows to my iMac 9,1.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-12-2012)

Page generated in 0.33673 seconds with 11 queries