View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
You are still not addressing my question so I will simplify it.
Quote:
We agree on the following statement.

Humans always move in the direction of greater satisfaction. When choosing between various options they will always choose that which they find most preferable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
If you leave it at that, it is an observation. However, Lessans inferred from that observation that humans are compelled (forced) to choose that which they find most preferable and therefore had no form of free will.
Oh my GOD, preferable and satisfaction in this context are synonymous. :doh::doh::doh:

Quote:
There are other inferences that can be made, however. I want to know why we should accept Lessans' conclusion over these.

1. Humans always freely choose that which they find most preferable and therefore have free will
What is the problem here LadyShea? I refuse to answer this if you can't tell me because I'm talking to a brick wall.

Quote:
2. Humans always are motivated, but not compelled, to choose that which they find most preferable and therefore have a compatibilist form of free will
I have to move on, seriously. You are so confused in your thought process that you actually believe you can determine truth from fiction. I have never seen a group of people so caught in their misconceptions in the name of truth that they are more confused than any woo I have ever met.

Page generated in 0.15516 seconds with 11 queries