View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Wildcard!

Default Re: how much should I try to selll this for

Wow! I read that last post before you edited it with what you ordered. That freakin' rocks! Let me/us know how it all goes together -- especially the Mushkin RAM. I've not heard of too many people using it (not that they don't, just that I don't know them).

For freemonkey, I don't have much time left this morning but I'd be more than happy to help pick out parts. I'm sure some others will help as well. A couple of quick starter questions:

1) What's your general budget?
2) Are you just replacing the computer or do you need a new monitor as well?

As to your fears about connecting your other computer to the world, I think you sound knowledgeable enough to be safe. Keep your system up to date, use secure programs, don't click on random crap on web pages, don't download screen savers/wallpaper from untrustworthy sites, don't open random e-mail or their attachments. That kind of stuff. I've been connected for years now and have never gotten a single virus on my system. I've had a few cookies that I didn't like but that's it. I would suggest installing a hardware firewall as well vice a software one.

Right now, I think I could spend about $600 and build a great home system that would do everything I asked of it.

Page generated in 0.16987 seconds with 11 queries