View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: The Dark Tower Film and TV Series Combo

The On Again, Off Again, No Wait, On Again Romance of the Making Of The Dark Tower Continues

Quote:
First Javier Bardem was attached to play Roland, the Gunslinger and lead character. Then there were budget concerns so the movie was not going to happen. Then it might happen. They even slashed the budget to make sure it could happen. They found a possible home for the planned TV portion of the story at HBO. Then Ron Howard was taking a sort of strange and slow approach to making the movie. Oh, and then they were apparently eyeing Russell Crowe as a replacement for Bardem (which: oh, please no). Then Warner Bros. passed on the project, putting it in jeopardy once again. But it is still happening! All caught up? Ready for the newest morsel of news?
Yes, I see the attraction to bringing someone like Aaron Paul into this. He was fantastic in Breaking Bad. I have no doubt that he'd be fantastic as Eddie Dean. But then I think, is that a little too on the nose slash typecasting? Once playing a druggie, always playing a druggie, you know?

And now, besides all that? I'm wondering if I even want this to happen.
Thanks, from:
Adam (01-27-2014), Janet (01-29-2014), LadyShea (01-26-2014), livius drusus (01-26-2014), The Man (01-26-2014)

Page generated in 0.29639 seconds with 11 queries