View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 01:35 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Aftermath - Post Midterm Elections in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoduck View Post
Some ultra democrat swept because her whole campaign revolved around Anti-Trump, rather than anything about her, and people ate it up.
I can see how an anti-Trump position could be pretty productive if it were about self sufficiency like local healthcare solutions, municipal broadband, and things like that. That's what I'm looking for these days.

Quote:
Sad that this country is to a state where we vote "against" someone, rather than "for" them.
I think of elections as being a long series of compromises. You never actually get what you want, and the bigger the race, the more diluted your position becomes. That's the way it just is, and the way it has to be if everyone is going to have a vote. You have the most power in your local elections, like your city council and your state representatives, and the higher the office, the more you have to compromise. So when you get all the way up to national or even statewide elections, you're compromising so much you're never going to get what you want.

I hate it too, kind of. I've never gotten my way really, and I am resigned to the fact that I never will. I do think that we need better education and better journalism and a lot of things so that people can make better informed decisions, but I don't think that's going to naturally conclude with me always getting my way, either. (I do think we'd get closer, though, to be honest.)
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-08-2018), slimshady2357 (11-08-2018), The Man (11-08-2018)

Page generated in 0.32643 seconds with 11 queries