View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Caribou Barbie is at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
From what I understand, this is similar to how keeps books like Dianetics on the best-seller lists. Namely, the Church of Scientology buys up huge quantities of the books, then they can then say something like: "See? They're constantly on the best-seller lists! They must be conveying all sorts of important and life-altering information, or the bookstores wouldn't be selling so many of them! So why haven't you bought a copy yet?"
It's also fairly typical for the conservative movement generally. Back when I was subscribing to the National Review (hey, why are you looking at me like that? :narrow:), they used to offer books that they had bought in bulk. Either that or they were books by the numerous Buckley clan.

My book selection was actually a very useful book called Speaking in Public by Reid Buckley, one of the clan who isn't a professional ideologue.

So it doesn't surprise me that Newsmax is buying Palin's ghostwriter's books in bulk and giving them away for free. That's how their world has worked for about twenty years.

Page generated in 0.36440 seconds with 11 queries