View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Do NOT skip your yearly check-ups ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
I was released yesterday afternoon, with strict instructions to avoid anything remotely strenuous for the next few days -- including standing up for more than several minutes at a time. So, I came home and sat with the cat for a few hours. He was very happy to see me, and so he was content to sit in my lap and purr loudly while I petted him for quite awhile.

I came back to my classes this morning, but hey, I'm no wimp. I'm not going to let a little thing like this make me change my habits. So I walked up the 4 flights of stairs to my morning class as I always do -- and I quickly came to seriously regret that decision. Still, I made it through the first 2 classes, then went and sat down for a few hours. I then went to my afternoon class and made it through, but I was feeling seriously bad after that, so I came home to rest and pet the cat for a few hours.

OK tough guy, I don't expect you to listen to anything I post, but I would think that you would listen a little to what your doctors say. "Nothing strenuous" includes 4 flights of stairs, so take the elevator, there's plenty of time to get back into regular exercise as long as you don't kill yourself first. If you give some kind of explanation, I'm sure most of your students will cut you some slack. Once I spent most of an evening drinking with a friend, I went home to bed, he went to another bar and continued drinking. I went to work and felt lousy, he called off work the next day. I got through my morning classes OK but that afternoon I was feeling so bad that a couple of students in that class wouldn't let any other student bother me. I just sat there feeling miserable. It seems that you have a few things to learn about getting better when something happens, perhaps I go too far the other way, but at least I'm not hurting myself by not listening to what I'm told. BTW, I have a daughter and son-in-law who seem to want to rush getting back to normal, they are a real trial for those around them. Let others do for you once in awhile, it'll never hurt you to depend on someone else just a little, and you might be surprised at what you learn.

Page generated in 0.20387 seconds with 11 queries