View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: If you have a social security number, Equifax probably just gave it away.

Ha, no, it was this one.

Back when my brother was just getting ready to start his first post-college job, he had a little bit of imposter syndrome, and I told him that'd go away after a couple of months, and that the biggest realization isn't about your own competence, but everyone else's incompetence. All those people who are super-confident in their skills and think they know the answers to everything are full of shit. I was right. It took him a couple of months.

So all these data breaches are probably bolstering the confidence of anyone who would have known to use strong encryption when storing sensitive PII. This shit isn't anywhere close to what I do, but I know I would have done it better than all these assholes whose job it was. I must be some kind of genius!

(In "stupid people using my email address" news, though: I have recently started getting headshots of aspiring child actors. Lists of "matches" like a dating site, except with a bunch of little kids in Michigan. It is super-creepy.)
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-15-2017), But (09-15-2017), Crumb (09-14-2017), JoeP (09-14-2017), Stephen Maturin (09-15-2017), Stormlight (09-14-2017), The Man (09-14-2017)

Page generated in 0.32866 seconds with 11 queries