View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

Default Re: Privacy, Anonymity, and Compartmentalization

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonDee View Post
I'm hating the Facebook ubiquity right now. All these damned sites want me to use Facebook to log in and it's pissing me off. Newspapers, satellite radio, bookstores, god-knows-what else, want me to log in through Facebook before perusing their web sites or leaving comments or--for Gawd's sake--purchasing something from them.

So far I have been able to resist since it's no temptation. But dammit!!! :gnash:

And look! The word itself made an appearance three times right here! In this post!

(Yes, this post would have fit the RANT THREAD just as well. But here I get to refrain from using swears.)
It won't be long and you'll need a F***book account to check into a hotel. We'll resist it like my older parents resisted a credit card. They only got one when they needed it to travel in 2003 because airlines and hotels no longer took checks. I think they have it in a sock drawer for emergencies; like the prepaid cellphone they keep in the glove compartment of their car.

Next thing you know they'll get a PC and eventually the internet.

If they can only hold out for another couple of years, there may be someone out there who could feed us the blue pills.

Page generated in 0.12985 seconds with 11 queries