View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Default Re: Neoliberal arts colleges

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Man, that is a really good article.
Yeah, but it angried up the blood somethin' fierce.

Quote:
“So you decided to go for the big bucks,” “What are you going to do with that?”: the thing I find so striking about those kinds of comments is not that people make them but that they seem to feel compelled to make them. It’s as if we’ve all decided, by unspoken consent, to police our children’s aspirations. The attitude hangs in the air, exerting its pressure on students and grown-ups alike. When an adult asks a college student what they’re going to do with that, the question that we ought to ask is what’s at stake for the adult.
When I get access to a time machine, I'm sending this quote back to my younger self. Along with permission to punch some of those assholes in the face.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-10-2015), Janet (09-09-2015), JoeP (09-09-2015), LadyShea (09-10-2015), lisarea (09-09-2015), livius drusus (10-15-2015), mickthinks (03-30-2024), Nullifidian (09-19-2015), SR71 (09-09-2015)

Page generated in 0.25726 seconds with 11 queries