View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:16 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Star Trek is awesome

It was an interesting subversion of the trope. Instead of the stoic male being the one to go on through his days pining for what could have been, it's the fantasy woman. JLP may have been tempted but he never gave in. And as it ended up, the fantasy was the one who would be emotionally divided between her biology, her duty (everything she was raised to be and do: "I am for you, Alrik of Valt") and her passion, something (someone) she had never before dreamed about wanting or having. As she says in one of their later conversations:

"You once asked what I am like when I am alone. I've never been. There was always someone there to educate me in literature, history, art, sex. But I've been alone on this journey. And I found myself thinking about all the curious questions you asked. You wanted to know who I am? And as I continued to ask myself the only answer that came to me is 'I am for you, Alrik of Valt.' Because that's the truth. In a day I will bond with a man I have never met. And I will turn myself into what he wants me to be for the rest of my life."
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-03-2011)

Page generated in 0.06840 seconds with 11 queries